xxiv. New Year, Same Us

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

December 31st, 2013, 11:00 P.M: EXO's Dorm

Chanyeol stares at the closed bedroom door nervously, what's taking Baekhyun so long? They made plans and were supposed to be somewhere when New Years struck, and now Chanyeol is deeply regretting not leaving earlier.

"Baek!" Chanyeol is now fidgeting with the sleeves of his shirt, while sneaking occasional glances at the clock. "Are you ready yet?!"

11:07.

"Just give me two more minutes!"

"What are you doing in there?" Chanyeol yells, slightly agitated. "Please, Baek, we're going to be late! I knew I should have gotten you to start getting ready earlier! Now we're going to miss it! Ugh, I feel stupid now, Baek… seriously, it's already 11:10, we need to leave like right-!"

Chanyeol stops speaking abruptly as Baekhyun finally comes out, and he suddenly feels a little underdressed in his sweater and jeans. Baekhyun is dressed in a casual black suit jacket, dress pants and a tie, his hair is pushed back, revealing his forehead and there's even eyeliner on his eyes. Chanyeol gaps at him, completely at a loss for words.

"Is it too much?" Baekhyun asks, frowning, sliding his hands down his jacket, and smoothing it out.

"N-no…" Chanyeol stutters, subconsciously his lips. "You… you look so good… y."

"Thanks!" Baekhyun exclaims, moving towards the door and grabbing his jacket. "Ready?"

"Should I change?" The taller male asks, looking from Baekhyun to himself.

"No time, Chanyeol-ah!" Baekhyun laughs, grabbing Chanyeol's wrist and pulling him towards the door. "We're already late!"

 

December 31st, 2013, 11:55 P.M: Han River

"Five… five minutes until midnight…" Chanyeol pants, checking his watch again. "Can we make it?"

"Wh-why didn't… we get a ride?" Baekhyun asks, breathing heavily. "I doubt we can make it now…"

"What if… we just… stay here…?"

"As long as I'm with you…" Baekhyun smiles as he leans against the railing of the bridge and stares out at the water, shivering from the breeze that just swept by. "It's cold…"

Chanyeol looks down at his watch, and sees that there's a single minute until the year ends. He smiles, pulling Baekhyun closer to him until they're snuggled close together. Baekhyun smiles back at him, that breathtaking smile, telling him that he’s much warmer now.

"Why did I even bother getting dressed up?" Baekhyun mutters, running a hand through his hair. "No one can see anyways…"

"I can," Chanyeol replies, laughing. "Thirty seconds…"

"Hmm, that's true, I suppose you're all that matters."

"That's right," Chanyeol says, pulling Baekhyun face closer to his. "Five, four, three, two… one…"

12:00.

Their lips connect just as the first batch of fireworks shoot into the sky, illuminating the river below them, and them as well. The kiss is gentle, one of those that leaves a lingering feeling even after they pull away, and Baekhyun laughs as he does, because of the goofy smile that Chanyeol now has on his face. And then they are laughing joyfully together before sharing a few more kisses.

"Happy New Year, Baekhyun-ah," Chanyeol tells him, stealing another kiss. "May this one be better than the last."

"Happy New Year, Chanyeol-ah, let's make it a good one."

Chanyeol knows that it will be a good one, simply because they're together, and even though they never made it to their originally intended destination, none of that matters. And as Chanyeol steals another kiss and begins leading his beautiful boyfriend home, he knows that this year will truly be the best one yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, this one is so lame, and late and I'm sorry OTL 

Thank you to everyone that subscribed, upvoted and commented ; A ; always means so much <3 and I would not keep writing if not for all your support ; A ;

So until next time! Which uh... I'll try for one every week. I write too slowly OTL I'm sorry.