xxviii. Guitar Strings and Heart Strings (2/2)

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

This drabble is for --inspiritic, who asked for Chanyeol playing guitar for Chen to sing along to, and Baekhyun is a little jealous. I hope you like it ^_^;

 

Baekhyun is staring at Chanyeol, and Chanyeol seems to be avoiding eye contact with him, like he knows that he is doing is wrong. Jongdae is currently singing, a beautiful song with his beautiful voice, and Baekhyun's not afraid to admit it. That's not the problem here though, the problem is that Chanyeol is playing guitar for Jongdae to sing along with, and just a month after Chanyeol had promised him that he wouldn't with anyone else. For the duration of the song, Baekhyun tries to mask the hurt that he feels, and instead smiles a smile that doesn't reach his eyes.

Baekhyun wouldn't admit it, but he is jealous of how good they sound together, and because Chanyeol is his boyfriend. Baekhyun looks at Jongdae, and he can't help but wish that he were the one singing instead. He thinks that maybe, just maybe, he should just let Chanyeol play guitar with Jongdae. He shakes those depressing thoughts out of his head just as the song ends, and he claps with everyone else, but just a little bit less enthusiastically. This is one show that he hopes ends as soon as possible.

On the way back to the dorms, Baekhyun ignores Chanyeol, not talking to him even when he sits down next to him.

"Baek…" Chanyeol all but whines. "Baek… talk to me."

Baekhyun shifted even further away from Chanyeol, crossing his arms.

"Aww, come on, Baekhyunnie…" Chanyeol is actually whining now as he moves closer to the other. "Please… anything but the silent treatment…"

Baekhyun doesn't even acknowledge that he said anything; he just gets up and goes to sit in an empty seat, feeling rather upset. He knows that if Chanyeol had followed then he would have talked to him, but he doesn't he just stays in his seat. And in that moment, Baekhyun realises that Chanyeol doesn't know what he did wrong, and perhaps doesn't think he did anything wrong at all.

 

Chanyeol crawls into Baekhyun's bed that night, wrapping his arms around his waist tightly. Baekhyun's back is turned to him.

"Baekhyunnie…" Chanyeol whispers into his ear. "Baekhyunnie… why won't you talk to me?"

Baekhyun tries to shift away from Chanyeol, but the taller male's grip doesn't allow him to do so. Instead, he chooses to stay silent.

"Come on, Baek," Chanyeol's voice is rising and his patience is clearly wearing thin. "Talk to me! You can't ignore me forever!"

When Baekhyun still gives no reply, Chanyeol forcefully turns the other to face him.

"Dammit, Byun Baekhyun!" Chanyeol practically yells, his hands gripping Baekhyun's shoulders and shaking him. "What did I do?! Why won't you talk to me?!"

The smaller male sighs as a tear rolls down his cheek; he's not sure what's worse, that Chanyeol broke his promise to him, or that he doesn't know what he did wrong. Baekhyun removes Chanyeol's hands from his shoulders and sits up, leaning against the wall next to his bed.

"You really don't know what you did?" Baekhyun asks, his voice barely audible.

Chanyeol sits up as well, facing him.

"Just tell me," Chanyeol says. "I'm getting tired of these guessing games."

"You made me a promise, and you broke it." Baekhyun states, sounding hurt. "And I'll admit that I am also jealous… but it hurt, Chanyeol, it still hurts."

"What are you…" And then it seems to dawn on him as he sighs, and closes his eyes for a brief moment. "Oh, Baekhyunnie… I… I'm sorry…"

"Do you at least have a good reason?" Baekhyuns asks, voice still quiet.

"I…" Chanyeol pauses, before quite suddenly pulling Baekhyun into a tight embrace. "It was the company's idea. The company told me to do it…"

"…Are you lying to me?" Baekhyun whispers, not moving to return the hug. "Is this just an excuse?"

"No!" Chanyeol exclaims. "You can ask Jongdae. I thought it was a good idea… and I didn't think that you would mind this much…"

Baekhyun doesn't say anything, and he doesn't do anything either. Scared of what he might say, Chanyeol quickly starts speaking again.

"Okay, how about I make you a new promise?" The taller male says. "If I have a choice in the matter, I will never play guitar for anyone else to sing along to, except you."

Baekhyun is silent for a moment for he places his arms around Chanyeol, smiling to himself.

"Okay," Baekhyun says, closing his eyes, content. "Then I'll forgive you, for now. I can trust you, right?"

"Yes," Chanyeol whispers, placing a kiss upon Baekhyun's forehead. "This is one promise that I will never break. Until the day I die, I will keep this promise to you."

------------------------------------------------------

Okay, another two-parter complete =3 I like writing things as a two-parter. There will be more in the future xD Please feel free to leave more requests! ^_^

Thank you so much to every one that subscribed and commented, and even those of you that took the time to read my writing, I seriously appreciate it! <3

So until next week, which will be the long awaited part 2 of Stars. >w>