li. A Doll and his Master

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

Baekhyun has been with the makeup artist for over two hours, and Chanyeol doesn’t understand why he needs to stand there and wait. Baekhyun had begged him, and he had accepted, but that was because he had had no idea it would take this long. Right now, he just really regrets that decision. He pulls his phone out of his pocket for the 300th time and checks the time: 8:45 PM; any longer and he’s sure he is going to fall asleep right there. Yawning, he pockets his phone again, turns to the door, and raises a hand to knock. Before he can though, the door swings open and Baekhyun is standing before him, but it takes him a moment to recognize the other.

Baekhyun’s face is painted in such a way that it looks like he has cracks in his skin, along with two lines from the corner of his lips to his chin, and his left eye is white, as opposed to the usual brown. He’s dressed in a very doll-like suit, dark blue jacket, with a longer back, with a long cravat, and black lace trim around the collar, sleeves, and bottom. Also, he has on shorts with a slight silver trim around the bottom, and high black boots that go above his knees. His black hair is parted to the side, and a mini top hat is clipped to his hair. Chanyeol is rather in shock, because Baekhyun looks amazing, yet a little scary, like a broken doll and he’s never really liked dolls. 

“Sorry, I took so long,” Baekhyun offers Chanyeol a sheepish smile, pulling gloves on to his hands, before twirling. “How do I look?”

“…Like a doll,” Chanyeol mutters after a moment, trying to figure out if he’s ever told Baekhyun about how uncomfortable dolls make him feel. He swallows audibly, trying to suppress it. “I’m assuming that’s the point.”

“That’s right!” Baekhyun exclaims, holding out what looks like two pieces of wood haphazardly nailed together with a few strings attached. “And you are my master.”

“Master?” Chanyeol repeats, frowning; honestly, he doesn’t really want to have anything to do with this, but he doesn’t want to let Baekhyun down. “And how does that work?”

Baekhyun has always been excited about Halloween, while Chanyeol’s always been less than enthusiastic about it; if not for the candy, he wouldn’t take part at all.

“Well, you see,” Baekhyun takes the end of one string and attaches it to a simple, black bracelet that Chanyeol hadn’t noticed before. The other three are attached to his other wrist, and his ankles. “You would use the wooden cross to control me.”

Chanyeol takes it from Baekhyun’s hands and lifts one end, while Baekhyun lifts an arm like he’s actually being controlled; controlling Baekhyun like this makes Chanyeol feel rather uncomfortable, even if he’s not really.

“But first,” Baekhyun is now offering him a suit, black, with lace trim, fancy, but not as fancy as his. “You need to put this on, and get into the part. And in the mean time, I’ll control myself.” He says this with a wink, but Chanyeol just feels more uncomfortable as he accepts the suit and goes to change into it.

The suit is a bit of a tight fit, but it still fits well, like it was tailored to his body. Chanyeol steps out of the change room to see Baekhyun fiddling with the wooden cross, and this small smile on his face, though it looks distorted due to the make up, like he’s perfectly content with everything. Chanyeol places a hand upon Baekhyun's shoulder, and when he looks up, Chanyeol returns the smile. He's always admired Baekhyun's almost child-like enthusiasm for Halloween; it is quite endearing. Baekhyun gives the cross back to Chanyeol, and Chanyeol hesitates just a beat before taking it. Baekhyun moves closer to Chanyeol, his broken doll-like features, and strange white eye, mere centimetres from Chanyeol's face.


"You look stunning, Chanyeol-ah," Baekhyun whispers, and Chanyeol tries to resist the urge to kiss Baekhyun, in fear of ruining his makeup. "I'm delighted to call you my master."

Chanyeol gulps audibly, and tries to distract himself from Baekhyun by running his hand through his own hair, and again. Baekhyun smirks, and takes a step back, his hands calmly folded together, almost like he's awaiting orders.

"So uh," Chanyeol sticks two fingers into his collar, trying to loosen it a bit. "What's the plan?"

"There isn’t one," Baekhyun smirks. "So the night’s activities are completely at your discretion, Master Chanyeol."


Chanyeol wants to tell Baekhyun to stop calling him that, that it makes him uncomfortable, but instead he just nods, reminding himself that this is just for tonight. Where could they go though?

“Hey, let’s go to a haunted house,” Chanyeol smiles at the thought. He knows that Baekhyun would be scared out of his mind, and then he would cling to Chanyeol, and Chanyeol likes it when that happens. “Okay, my little doll?”

Baekhyun appears extremely hesitant, and Chanyeol half expects him to say no, but then he’s nodding, and indicating to the cross.  “Lead the way, master.”

Chanyeol almost feels bad as he starts leading Baekhyun outside and towards his destination of choice, but this is a chance that he just can’t pass up.

 

They’re not even inside the haunted house before Baekhyun starts clinging to his arm, gripping it so tightly that Chanyeol’s starting to lose feeling in it. Despite this though, Chanyeol just smiles and allows Baekhyun to do as he wishes. Right before they enter, though, Baekhyun releases his death grip and tries to compose himself, once again pointing to the cross and reminding Chanyeol what their relationship is for the night. So, Baekhyun steps in front of Chanyeol, and Chanyeol waves the cross about half-heartedly, pretending that he’s controlling him. This pretense ends the second they’re through the door though, and Baekhyun is clinging to him again.

“Why? Why did I agree to this?” Baekhyun mumbles to himself as he looks from side to side, both of his arms wrapped around one of Chanyeol’s. “Please no… please, please, please…”

“Baekhyun-ah, shh,” Chanyeol whispers. “There’s nothing he-“

He’s barely uttered the whole sentence when a man jumps out from behind a curtain, and Baekhyun is screaming before trying to move even closer to Chanyeol. By the time they have walked past that area, Baekhyun has Chanyeol’s arm around his shoulders, and he’s softly mumbling, “please” over and over again. Chanyeol resists the urge to laugh as he runs his fingers through Baekhyun’s hair, trying to calm the other down. Before he can succeed though, something else is jumping out at them, and this time, Baekhyun lets go of Chanyeol and tries to run away.

“Wait!” Chanyeol yells as he pulls on the puppet strings to get Baekhyun to come back, but instead of succeeding, the strings snap, and Baekhyun disappears behind the curtain. “Baekhyun-ah…”

He frowns and decides to stay put, knowing that Baekhyun would come running back to him within mere moments. And for a few long seconds he waits, but then he’s running at full speed when he hears Baekhyun scream in pain. Chanyeol manages to find him soon enough, and is rather concerned to see the other on his hands and knees.

"Oh, Baekhyun-ah," he says softly, helping him to his feet before taking a moment to look him over. "Are you okay? A bit of your makeup is smudged."


Baekhyun just stares at Chanyeol as he carefully tries to fix the makeup with his fingers, but then, a piece of Baekhyun's face falls off. He looks down at the piece in shock, before looking back up at Baekhyun and he sees pink, and blood, the actual inner layer of Baekhyun's face. More skin falls, and more muscle is revealed, more blood is dripping, and Baekhyun has barely moved a muscle. Horrified, Chanyeol takes a step back as blood starts coming down like tears from Baekhyun's white eye.

He screams, and he wakes up. He finds himself in his bed with Baekhyun in his arms. Trying to reassure himself that that had been a dream, Chanyeol gently prods at Baekhyun's skin, and it cracks. Pieces start falling away again, but porcelain pieces, like Baekhyun is a real doll. He wakes up again. Baekhyun is rubbing his eyes, and blinking at Chanyeol, clearly not completely awake. 


"Chanyeol...-ah," he gets out in between yawns. "Are you... okay?"


Cautiously, Chanyeol pokes Baekhyun's cheek again, and Baekhyun giggles while Chanyeol is just relieved that his boyfriend is alive and well and not a doll.

"Promise me something, Baekhyunnie," Chanyeol whispers, pulling Baekhyun closer, and feeling him nod against his shoulder. "Promise you won't dress up as a broken doll for Halloween, and you won’t ask me to be your master."


Baekhyun yawns widely again, and laughs. "Whatever you say, Chanyeol-ah."


"Seriously, promise me," Chanyeol kisses Baekhyun on the lips then, like he had wanted in his dream. 


"I promise, Chanyeollie," Baekhyun's eyes slip closed, and he relaxes against Chanyeol. "I will not dress up as a broken doll."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow it's been two and a half months... I'm sorry OTL I've been working on other things, and I haven't had many ideas for drabbles. I've started writing them again, though, so I promise I'll try to update this at least biweekly. Thank you so much for your patience, and I hope you like this one.

Thank you so much to everyone that's read, commented on, subscribed to, and upvoted this collection, it really means so much to me. ; A ;

So until next time ^_^