xxi. Separated

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

"I miss him," Baekhyun sighs, before smiling and waving at the crowd of fans in front of them. "Why do we have to separated?"

"It's only for a couple hours, Baekhyun-ah," Yixing whispers from his right. "You'll see him soon."

"It's not just today though, hyung," Baekhyun says, playing with the pen in his hands. "For all of our fansigns we're not going to be together… and I wish we were…"

Yixing gently wraps an arm around Baekhyun's shoulders in comfort.

"It's okay, Baekhyun-ah," He tells him, as Junmyeon begins his speech. "I'll be Chanyeol in the meantime, okay?"

"Hyung, you don't need to do that," Baekhyun turns to look at the older male and smiles. Even as he says that, though, he can't help but be curious about what that would be like. "Unless, you really want to…"

"I think I can be Chanyeol," Yixing clears his throat and straightens his back, trying to make himself look taller. "Hello, I am EXO's voice, Chanyeol." He mimics, deepening his voice dramatically.

Baekhyun laughs, because the impression is quite bad, but funny.

"Thanks, hyung," The vocalist says, patting the other's shoulder. "I feel a little better now."

"Wait, wait," The dancer waves his hands. "Let me try again." Yixing shifts a little closer and stares right into his eyes. "Baekhyun-ah, let's go on a date!"

Baekhyun freezes as he remembers the exact moment that Chanyeol had said that to him, that cold winter's day with all the snow, hot chocolate and tongue burning. Even though Yixing sounds nothing like Chanyeol, Baekhyun hears those words in Chanyeol's voice and he smiles as he says: "Yes, let's."

 

"I miss him…" Chanyeol whines, nudging the person to his right with his elbow. "What do you think he's doing at this very moment, Jongin-ah?"

"Hopefully not being as annoying as you are," Jongin says, swatting at Chanyeol's elbow. "It's only for a couple of hours, it up."

"I wish he were here though," Chanyeol sighs, staring at the crowd of fans. "Why did we have to separated?"

"You're asking the wrong person," The dancer replies, frowning slightly. "You don't really have time to be mopey right now," Jongin nudges him as a fan stops in front of him. "Look alive!"

"Chanyeollie oppa!" She practically shrieks. "I love you! Please sign this for me!"

And then she s her copy of their 'XOXO' album into his face, smiling widely. Chanyeol takes it with a forced smile and flips through the pages to find a picture of himself, but stops instead, on a picture of Baekhyun. For a moment, time freezes as he stares at it, forgetting what he is supposed to be doing. Chanyeol reaches a hand out and his fingers lightly touch the vocalist's picture as a smile appears upon his face. The moment ends when Jongin, rather harshly, elbows him. He shoots a glare in the younger male's direction before finally flipping to a page with his picture and signing it messily.

"Sorry for the wait," He says, hoping that she hadn't noticed what he was doing, before handing her album back to her. "Thank you very much!"

"Thank you, oppa!" And she walks away, clearly ecstatic.

Chanyeol sighs rather loudly as soon as she's out of earshot.

"I miss him, Jongin-ah…" He whines, placing his head on the table. "I can't survive two hours of this without him!"

"Just pretend I'm him," The dancer says, flicking Chanyeol's forehead. "Or something."

"You? As Baekhyun?" Chanyeol lifts his head, frowns and stares at Jongin, trying to picture him as Baekhyun. For just a brief second, he sees the vocalist's beautiful smile until it melts back into the dancer's deep frown.

"If it'll keep you from annoying me," Jongin deadpans. "I'll be whomever you want me to be."

"Okay, Baekhyunnie." Chanyeol replies with a chuckle, and suddenly being separated didn't seem as bad.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys... it's been a really long time... I'm so sorry OTL ^_^;;; *hides* please don't kill me. um, this hasn't really been edited, but it's uh, okay? OTL if you see any mistakes, please point them out...

Thank you to everyone that subscribed and upvoted this ; A ; it really means so much!

So until next time! I'm going to try posting on a more... weekly basis, because I don't write fast enough to keep up with my previous schedule. um, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I'm going to try to post back to back, because I have something planned... ^_^; so um, you probably won't be hearing from me again until then. bye! *runs away*