xl. 100 Reasons Why I Love You (1/10)

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

Chanyeol pulls out a piece of paper and writes the number one on the page with every intention of making some sort of list, he's just not sure of what. He starts to absentmindedly hum while tapping his pen against the table.

"Chanyeol-ah," Chanyeol sighs contentedly at the voice saying his name. "Chanyeol-ah… please stop that."

"Huh?" Chanyeol asks stupidly, looking across the room at Baekhyun, who's lying down on his bed. "What?"

"Please stop tapping the pen," Baekhyun clarifies. "It's giving me a headache."

"Oh, sorry."

Chanyeol grins, watching as Baekhyun drapes a delicate hand over his eyes, and then Chanyeol knows exactly what to make a list about.

100 Reasons Why I Love Baekhyun

1. The way he says my name
It makes me feel special, like I'm the only person in the world.

2. His speaking voice
Just the slightly raspy quality to his voice, it's soothing, yet annoying at times, but I love it.

3. His singing voice
I think that's self-explanatory.

4. The way he says kkaebsong
Sehun says it too, everyone has said it at some point, but there's something special about the way he says it, that makes him unique.

5. The way he hits those high notes
…again, self-explanatory.

6. The way that words just roll off his tongue
He always knows what to say.

7. His canines
I don't even know why.

8. His pretty lips
I love to kiss them, to stare at them when he's singing, or just speaking… they're just a beautiful pink colour, and I want to kiss them all the time…

Chanyeol's eyes wander from the paper over to the object of his affections, and then he’s staring at those petal pink lips again. Getting out of his seat, he takes slow steps towards the other, before sitting down on the edge of his bed. He can feel his cheeks heating up as he leans forward and gently kisses Baekhyun, and is pleasantly surprised when Baekhyun returns it. Baekhyun pushes him away, and turns on to his side, his eyes remaining closed the whole time. Chanyeol is grinning from ear to ear as he returns to his seat.

9. The way he kisses me
Just forever, please…

10. Everything about his lips, his voice, his teeth…

Chanyeol is still a bit dazed from the kiss, and currently is unable to come up with more specific reasons, so he writes everything, to just encompass anything he might forget.

 

Baekhyun would never admit it, but he has a secret list on his phone, a list that starts like this:

100 Reasons Why I Love Park Chanyeol

He hasn't listed anything yet, but he knows he'll be able to find at least 100 reasons. He's lying on his side staring at the phone screen and listening to Chanyeol's incessant pen tapping. Groaning, he hides his head underneath the pillow, having asked the other to stop, but was ignored.

1. His annoying, but endearing, habits
Pen tapping, humming, knuckle cracking, and grabbing at my neck…

2. His constant need for attention
Sometimes he tries too hard to be funny, and ends up hurting himself…

3. How he's always asking for a kiss
Baekhyunnie, kiss me! If I had a 500 won for every time he's asked me that…

4. How he's always right next to me
Sometimes I feel like we're practically joined at the hip.

5. The way he stares at me when we're in public
It's like I'm the only person in the world, and it makes me feel special, but sometimes it's a little creepy.

Baekhyun pauses, realising that the room is suddenly eerily quiet, that the pen tapping has stopped, and he doesn't know when that happened. And then Chanyeol is curling up to him on the bed, wrapping his arms around his waist.

"Sweet dreams, Baekhyunnie…" And Baekhyun almost laughs as he realises that Chanyeol thinks he's asleep.

6. The way he calls me Baekhyunnie
Many people call me this, but Chanyeol says it differently…

7. His cute sleeping face
He looks like a puppy.

8. The way he wraps his arms around my waist when we sleep in the same bed
It makes me feel warm, protected, and safe, so safe.

9. The way he buries his face into my back when he's asleep
I don't know why…

10. The way my body fits so perfectly against his
Just perfect…

Smiling to himself, Baekhyun puts his phone away and shifts closer to Chanyeol, wrapping Chanyeol's arms tighter around himself.

"Sweet dreams, Chanyeollie."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that was super cheesy... but yes, this is going to become a series of sorts... and 10 parts long, 10 reasons each =3 won't be posted one after the other, probably one every... 3 or 4 or so? i can't say...

Thank you so much for all your support on this drabble collection! I've already post 40... like wow, and I just can't thank all of you enough.

I most likely won't be posting anything next week. I'm currently working on a fic inspired by EXO stuck in that maze in the Overdose MV, and I want to finish that before I come back to these drabbles... I hope you understand. Thank you! <3 I'm not going to put it on hiatus, but uh... it might be a couple of weeks before I post another one.