xxiii. Miracles in December (2/2)

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

It’s Christmas day, and Chanyeol is staring, rather in awe, at Baekhyun's present to him; it's almost as tall as he is! He laughs, knowing exactly why Baekhyun chose it, simply because it reminds him of him. The thing is a little too big though, and there's barely any room in their small dorm. Eventually, they find a place for it in the living room where everyone can see it. Baekhyun is covering his face with his hands and looking away from Chanyeol, his face bright red.

"I love it, Baekhyunnie," Chanyeol tells him, knowing that that's exactly what the other is worried about. "I really do."

"I just don't know what I was thinking," Baekhyun frowns. "It was completely a spur of the moment kind of thing…"

Chanyeol chuckles and hugs him.

"It's okay, I understand."

"Come on guys!" They hear Lu Han call out. "This is nice and all but we don't have all day!"

"I suppose it's my turn then." Chanyeol states, smiling, leading Baekhyun back towards everyone else.

Chanyeol clears his throat dramatically before pulling a box out of his back pocket, before glancing at Junmyeon, asking for support, and the older male gives him a nod, encouraging him.

"Byun Baekhyun," Baekhyun looks up at him, surprise written all over his face at the sound of Chanyeol using his full name. Out of his peripheral vision, Baekhyun can see the curious stares in his and Chanyeol's direction, and he blushes. "I have something I would like to say."

And suddenly, it's like the world is fading away, and all that's left is Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Chanyeol gets down on to one knee, and opens the box in his hands, revealing two matching rings.

"Baek," Chanyeol begins again, looking the other straight in the eyes. "Before we met here we were strangers that still thought about each other, and when we met again, we became best friends. Before I even knew what this feeling was, I knew that I didn’t just want to be your best friend though, that I wanted you, and only you forever. You're the light in my life, and as fire, I only burn so brightly because of your light. I love you, I love you so purely, passionately, and more than I knew myself capable. So, Baekhyun, this is not a marriage proposal, because I don't think either of us is ready for that. Instead, I offer you a promise. I promise that as soon as we believe we're ready, we will get married, and I will be by your side for as long as you wish for me to be. Byun Baekhyun, will you accept my promise? Will you accept this foolish man that can no longer love anyone except you?"

Baekhyun has his hands over his mouth, and unshed tears in his eyes, his entire body shaking. His eyes move down to the rings, and he smiles really widely.

"Y-yes…" He manages eventually, his voice a strangled whisper, jumping into Chanyeol's arms. "Yes, I do, and I'm going to hold you to that promise."

Baekhyun looks up when he hears clapping, blushing, having forgotten about everyone else in the room. Despite that though, Chanyeol pulls him down, and kisses him, not wanting this moment to end. Their lips are connected until they hear footsteps approaching them.

"Okay guys," Kyungsoo's voice cuts in. "That was sweet and all, but please…"

Baekhyun giggles weakly as he sits up, and Chanyeol follows after him. The taller male then slides a thin silver band on to Baekhyun's ring finger, and Baekhyun does the same. Their promise is sealed by another kiss. They spend the rest of the night cuddled next to each other as everyone else exchanges presents and such, and soon enough, Baekhyun falls asleep on Chanyeol's shoulder. He smiles as he kisses Baekhyun's forehead, and he honestly believes that he can't be happier because this little thing they have between them is nothing short of a miracle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part two =D a promise is made, and if you'd like, i'll write a proposal/marriage thing eventually? ^_^; I hope this wasn't too cheesy or like terrible... I hope you guys liked it ^_^

Thank you so much to all the people that commented and subscribed <3 it means so much.

So until next time, which... I'll try for New Years day ^_^