vii. Perfection

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

Chanyeol sighs sadly as he sweeps some stray blonde hairs away from Baekhyun's pale forehead. The smaller male's breathing is heavy, and seems to take too much effort. Every pained breath that he takes hurts Chanyeol just a little bit more.

"Baekhyunnie…" He whispers as he leans forward and places a soft kiss on his warm forehead. "I hope you're sleeping well…"

There's no response, as expected, until the other's eyes flutter open slowly, his eyes are glassy, unfocused.

"Chan… Chanyeol-ah…" Chanyeol winces at the effort that Baekhyun needs just to say his name. "You… you're… here…"

"Shh, my love, don't speak…" He says, trying to hold his tears back. "Just rest. And I promised you that I always would be, didn't I?"

Baekhyun smiles slightly before weakly coughing a couple of times. A soft groan leaves his lips as he stares at Chanyeol, like he is pleading for him to end his misery.

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun-ah… I know it hurts," He whispers, taking on of the other's hands into his. "Rest. You'll feel better soon…" I hope… The last part is inside his head; Baekhyun doesn't need any negativity at that moment.

There is a nod from the other, and soon enough he is asleep again. Chanyeol sighs rather sadly as he looks at the vocalist who's sick with a high fever. He squeezes the other's hand tightly, giving him reassurance as well as himself.

At some point, Junmyeon comes in and offers to take over for him, but Chanyeol politely tells him that it's okay; he doesn't want to leave his beloved Baekhyunnie alone. Soon enough, he falls asleep as well, still tightly clutching the other's hand.

When Baekhyun wakes up, Chanyeol is still there, smiling lovingly at him, and he smiles back, because there's no nicer feeling than waking up to the face of someone you love.

"Chanyeol-ah…" He says, needing far less effort than the day before, but still raspy. "I think I'm better…"

Chanyeol reaches a hand out and feels his forehead, and indeed he is a more normal temperature, but still a little above average.

"I guess that's a good thing," Chanyeol responds, removing his hand. "The higher-ups have been rather restless. Can you walk?"

Baekhyun sighs before pulling the blankets back and getting out of bed. The smaller male's steps are hesitant and wobbly at first, but they become steadier, and then he's out of the room. There's an event that they were performing at that very evening, and if Baekhyun was well enough to get up, they'd most likely make him perform; being an idol was not so great in that aspect…

 

During rehearsal, Baekhyun's voice cracks several times and each time makes Chanyeol want to run out, pull the microphone out of his hands, and not allow him to sing another note, all the while holding on to him tightly and protectively. Eventually, it is decided that they are going to lip sync for this performance. Baekhyun looks rather dejected as he makes his way back to where Chanyeol's standing.

"I sounded terrible, didn't I?" Baekhyun's face reveals all of his insecurities, and Chanyeol is tempted to smack him for speaking badly of himself. "Tell me the truth, Chanyeol-ah."

"You weren't terrible," Baekhyun shoots him a look, and Chanyeol leans forward and kisses him softly before continuing. "You were perfect."

The smaller male stares at him for a brief moment before he blushes adorably and playfully punches his arm.

"Shut up," He looks away, clearly embarrassed. "Idiot…"

"You're always perfect to me, Baekhyun-ah."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And another one. Do you guys actually like these? I honestly think they're pretty lame... like if you guys have any suggestions, critiques, etc., please, tell me D= I want to get better... and I don't think I am... but yeah, requests are open, if you really want me to write you something...

Requests as of right now (in no particular order):
1. maryamaru - fic based upon fanvid
2. zeeexoblueicy1 - baekyeol with children drabble
3. IguessSoYeah - practice session drabble
4. - -Inspritic - Chanyeol playing guitar for Chen drabble

Thank you to everyone that subscribed and commented ; A ; it really means so much to me <3

So until... Thursday ^_^ (I think guys would like the next one, or you might hate it, depending upon perspective...)