xv. Insecurities (1/2)

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

When Chanyeol wakes up, Baekhyun is no longer in his bed, or Baekhyun's own bed. His wallet, his keys, his phone, and mp3 player are all gone, so Chanyeol draws the logical conclusion: that he has maybe gone for a walk or to buy breakfast for everyone or something like that. When Baekhyun still hasn't returned in time for practice, Chanyeol starts to worry.

"Junmyeon hyung," He calls out, pulling the other aside when they are heading out the door. "Do you know where Baekhyun is?"

"I saw him go out this morning," Junmyeon shrugs, clearly not worried. "He might have gone in early to practice."

Chanyeol watches as Junmyeon leaves after, and he sighs because he hopes that the older male is right. Oh how he hopes he's right.

 

When they arrive at the company, Baekhyun is nowhere in sight. He's not practicing dancing, he's not practicing singing, he's not hanging out in the hallways talking to people, and he's just nowhere to be found. Chanyeol is even more worried by this point, but no one else seems to care or even have noticed his absence.

They begin practice without Baekhyun. It isn't until half way through does someone else, besides Chanyeol, notice their main vocalist's absence.

"Hey, why isn't Baekhyun here?" Yixing asks, his brows are furrowed in concern. "Chanyeol, have you seen him?"

"He's been missing all morning!" Chanyeol exclaims, throwing his arms up in exasperation. "I can't believe none of you even noticed!"

"He…has?" Yixing pauses, and Chanyeol regrets his words. "I saw him leave this morning… he told me that he was going for a walk… he hasn't coming back?"

Chanyeol shakes his head, no, in response. And for a long moment, there is silence and no one does anything.

"Guys, I'm sure Baekhyun's fine," Junmyeon speaks up, finally. "Maybe he just needs the time alone, let's give him space."

There are a couple nods of agreement, and then they begin practicing again, but this time, they notice the glaring hole that is Baekhyun's absence.

 

When they decide to take a break, Chanyeol calls Baekhyun, because as much as he respects that he may need space, he's still worried. He holds the phone to his ear anxiously, hoping that the vocalist will actually answer.

"Chanyeol," Baekhyun's voice is soft, clearly hesitant. "Why are you calling me?"

"Why am I-?!" Chanyeol splutters, a little angry. "Byun Baekhyun, where are you?"

"It doesn't matter," Baekhyun whispers, and Chanyeol swallows, because he suddenly feels so far from him. "Please don't try to find me…"

"Baek… please…" Chanyeol begs, his hand shaking. "Talk to me, tell me what's wrong…"

"I'm fine, Chanyeol," And it's clear that he's anything but that. "Nothing's wrong…"

"Nothing is wrong?" Chanyeol repeats, his voice a forced calm. "Don't lie to me, Baekhyun, if nothing was wrong, you would be here! You would be here practicing with us!"

"Please, Yeol," Baekhyun's voice is barely audible and Chanyeol has to strain to hear. "I just need time to think… I'll be back soon… I promise."

"You better be," Chanyeol's voice is low, and slightly threatening. "I want to see you first thing when I get back to the dorm… just be there…"

Chanyeol hangs up then, and tears threaten to spill as he tries to make himself believe that Baekhyun would actually be there.

 

When he gets home, Baekhyun isn't there, and Chanyeol realizes that he's not surprised at all. Half of him had expected the vocalist to actually be there, to greet him when he entered the door, but the other half knew that he wouldn't be. With a sigh, he kicks his shoes off haphazardly, and goes back to his room. Before he makes it there, though, he notices a ring of keys on the kitchen table, and upon closer examination, he recognizes them as Baekhyun's keys. His blood runs cold as he realizes the truth: Baekhyun has no intention of ever coming back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part one of a two part thing, it's a little sad, and not fluffy like the other ones, and I'm sorry... but part two is happier? =D Uh, request drabbles are almost done... I'll post them as soon as possible, or you know, add them to the drabble schedule. ^_^;

Thank you so much to all my subscribers! <3 And thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment, especially IguessSoYeah for taking the time to comment after every drabble, it means so much to me ; A ;

So until Part Two! On... Monday. =3