lvi. Doubts

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

Baekhyun is asleep when Chanyeol returns to the dorm. Curtains drawn across his little corner in the living room, and Chanyeol can hear his puppy noises from where he's standing. He's next to the bed soon enough, and then he's crawling into the small bed, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun gently, finding comfort in how well he just fit against him. Baekhyun's breathing hitches for a second, and then it's even again. Chanyeol kisses the top of Baekhyun's head, and then he's burying his face into Baekhyun's hair.

"Baekhyunnie..." Chanyeol whispers, taking in Baekhyun’s scent. “You know I love you, right?”

Of course, there’s no response, and Chanyeol doesn’t expect one.

“And I know you love me too…” Chanyeol’s voice becomes quieter, but he knows he needs to keep going, get this off his chest, even if he knows that Baekhyun would have no idea. “Sometimes though, I worry that this won’t last. I see you laughing with everyone else, I see you talking to everyone else, I see you spreading your love to everyone and I see all the love that you’re receiving from everyone, and I worry that I’m just not enough for you…”

Chanyeol pauses, like he’s waiting for Baekhyun to wake up and tell him to go to sleep, or maybe he’s waiting for Baekhyun to tell him that he’s being irrational, and that he’s more than enough for him. He sighs when there’s no reply, and decides to continue; even if it’s irrational, he needs to get this off his chest.

“And then I think about all the things I’ll never be able to give you…” Chanyeol’s on the verge of tears now, but he forces himself to keep going. “Like children, a normal relationship, privacy, enough love… You’ll just never have enough with me… You deserve better, Baekhyunnie…”

“…Do you ever shut up, Park Chanyeol?”

“Baekhyunnie!” Chanyeol exclaims, and nearly falls off the bed in surprise. “You’re awake… How much did you hear?”

“Basically all of it,” Baekhyun mutters as he turns to face Chanyeol. “And we need to talk about something. First of all, don’t ever think that you’re not enough for me. I love you and only you. Second of all, I don’t need better, I only need you, and you’re the best I’ll probably ever find. I’ll never love anyone as much as I love you, Park Chanyeol.”

And then Chanyeol is actually crying, burying his face into Baekhyun’s chest. “Thank you, Baekhyunnie…”

---------------------------------------------

This is terrible, but it's an update OTL I'm so sorry.

Thank you to everyone for your support, it means so much to me.

So until next time, whenever that happens to be. ^_^