xviii. Let Me Walk You Home (Predebut I)

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

It is about 10 PM, and Chanyeol is glancing around nervously, his eyes darting about. He's done training for the day, but he's waiting for someone. This someone is someone that he has taken quite a liking to.

"Baekhyun-ssi!" He calls out as the smaller male appears out of a door on his right. "Hi!"

"Chanyeol-ssi," Baekhyun still seems a little weary of him. "Why are you still here?"

"I just finished," Chanyeol lies; he has actually been waiting for more than an hour. "And I happened to see you, so I was thinking that we could go home together."

"Oh, okay," Baekhyun says, clearly skeptical. "Um, do we live in the same direction?"

"I think so," Chanyeol replies without thinking about what he's saying. "I mean, at least partially?"

"Um, okay," Baekhyun frowns a little before shrugging. "Let's go then."

"Okay!"

They walk to the bus stop together, and while Baekhyun is checking for when the next bus is, Chanyeol is ringing his hands nervously. He can't really pinpoint why he feels so nervous around the other, but he knows that it's a good kind of nervous, and his heart is beating at a rate faster than he thought possible.

"So, the bus comes in about ten minutes…" Baekhyun is staring at Chanyeol like he's crazy. "Um… do you need to use the washroom or something?"

Chanyeol realizes then that he must be writhing, awkwardly, and thus must look like he needs to pee.

Way to make a good impression, Chanyeol. He thinks a little bitterly.

"I… I'm fine," The taller male replies, trying to save what's left of his dignity. "Um, would you like to sit down?"

"Where?" Baekhyun asks, raising an eyebrow.

Chanyeol looks around carefully for the first time and notices that there is indeed nowhere to sit. .

"Haha…" He laughs nervously, rubbing the back of his head. "Sorry, I didn't notice…"

"Well, I wouldn’t mind sitting on the ground," Baekhyun says, pointing towards a patch of grass.

"Oh, right," Chanyeol sighs in relief before running towards the place the other's pointing at and placing his jacket down. "Please, sit."

Baekhyun is just moving to sit down when the bus arrives; he waves at Chanyeol, telling him to hurry. Chanyeol panics, scrambles for his jacket and runs like his life depends on it, only to get on just in time. Baekhyun's already sitting at the back, and is motioning for him to join him. The taller male doesn't even think twice before making his way over and taking a seat. Since it's pretty late, there are barely any people on the bus.

"Tell me about yourself, Baekhyun-ssi," Chanyeol says, staring rather intently, causing Baekhyun to back up a little bit. "I mean, you accepted my friendship and I introduced you to a bunch of people, but I still don't know much about you…"

"Uh…" Baekhyun shifts his eyes, avoiding eye contact with Chanyeol. "What would you like to know?"

"Whatever you're willing to tell me."

So, Baekhyun starts talking, and they converse, from their families, where they live, about when they were in high school, and through this, they actually come to realize that they have a mutual friend. They laugh for a little while about how small the world is, before the bus stops at Baekhyun's stop, and Chanyeol gets off with him as well, insisting that he walks him home. Eventually, they are in front of the smaller male's apartment building, and Chanyeol has just learned that Baekhyun is actually older than him by more than half a year; he's mildly surprised by this, since he honestly expected the other to be younger.

"Well, goodnight, Chanyeol-ssi," Baekhyun smiles, his hand on the door handle. "Thank you for walking me home, and for talking to me."

"Oh yeah, no problem!" Chanyeol says a little too loudly. "Goodnight, Baekhyun-ssi."

The smaller male waves as he enters the building, and Chanyeol watches until Baekhyun's around a corner and out of sight, his heart beating just a little quicker than average. With a satisfied sigh, Chanyeol turns away from the apartment and begins his own trek home, his head in the clouds, and a big smile on his face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is set predebut, just in case you didn't get that ^_^ I know it might be confusing. =3
So, life update. Starting on Friday, first day of November, I'm going to be participating in NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, and I will be concentrating on that for the month, so I probably won't have time to work on my fics as much, just so you guys know ^_^ I also encourage anyone that enjoys writing to try it out =3 it's a good writing exercise, I think. As for my drabbles, I have a couple more that I will be posting, after that, I might not post for a little while... So I apologise in advance for that... I won't stop writing them though! So you don't need to worry about that =3

Thank you to all the people that commented and subscribed to my fic! It means a lot to me ^_^

So until... Saturday ^_^