xxii. Gift Giving: A How-To Guide (1/2)

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

Baekhyun is pacing back and forth, biting his nails, and he's getting a headache. It's the day before Christmas and he still doesn't have a present for Chanyeol; how screwed is he?

His boyfriend is out at the moment, so Baekhyun had practically begged Zitao, who's the only one there at the moment, to help him.

"Hyung," Tao said. "I would like to, but I have my own problems." And then he turned back to the TV, and whatever drama he happened to be watching. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and walked back to his room. And there he is still is, needing to buy a present but not wanting to go alone.

"Baekhyun-ah," There's a light knock on his door before Kyungsoo pokes his head in. "Ready to go?"

"Go?" Baekhyun tilts his head, confused, unaware of there being any sort of schedule today. "Go where?"

"I just got back and Zitao said that you still need a present for Chanyeol," He replies. "So, I'm offering to go with you. Are we going or not?"

"Yes!" Baekhyun exclaims, grabbing his jacket, bounding forward and pulling Kyungsoo into a hug. "Yes! Thank you, let's go!"

"Okay, you can let go now," Kyungsoo mumbles, smiling. "And the day is slowly coming to an end…"

Baekhyun lets him go immediately, before running to the front door, pulling his shoes on and dragging Kyungsoo along with him

"So, did you have anything in mind?" Kyungsoo asks, his hands stuffed deep into his pockets, and his head covered by his hood. "Like a starting point?"

"No," He frowns, and his forehead furrows. "I just… I'll know when I see it, I guess…"

"Okay."

"You know, you didn't have to come," Baekhyun says, gently elbowing Kyungsoo. "I'm sure that you have more important things to do… like Jong-!"

Baekhyun doesn't even finish the sentence before Kyungsoo hits him, a slight scowl on his face, but he's blushing.

"I hate you," Kyungsoo mutters, turning his face away.

Baekhyun just laughs, before wrapping an arm around the other's shoulders.

"In all seriousness, though," He tells him sincerely. "Thank you, Kyungsoo-ya, it really means a lot."

"No problem."

And then they walk in silence for a little bit before they reach their destination, a street full of different stores. They head into a hat shop, and Baekhyun takes a moment to examine each one before deciding that Chanyeol just has far too many hats and leaving. Next, is a clothing shop and it's pretty much the same thing over and over again until Kyungsoo yells at Baekhyun, threatening to leave. Baekhyun laughs nervously, trying to calm Kyungsoo down, as they walk into a toy store, and Baekhyun's pretty sure he hasn't seen this place before. His eyes scan the store, and he immediately finds what he has been searching for all along: something that reminds him of Chanyeol. Baekhyun makes his way over to the large plushie, and tries to pick it up, laughing when he drops it again.

"It's perfect!" He exclaims, pointing at the large Totoro, with its large ears that stick out, wide toothy smile, big eyes. "I want this one!"

"Really?" Kyungsoo stares at him for a moment. "How do you plan on bringing it back? It's clearly too big and heavy to carry."

Baekhyun considers this for a moment before spotting a slightly smaller version of the same plushie.

"How about that one?" Baekhyun asks, pointing at it. "I'm pretty sure I can carry that back."

"Okay," Kyungsoo says with a shrug. "Get it then."

"Hmm, can we call a car?" Baekhyun asks, his gaze moving from the smaller one to the bigger one again.

"Okay, you know what," Kyungsoo says, exasperated and regretting offering to come here with him. "Just do whatever you want."

"…I don't know," He frowns, and goes to find a someone who works there. "Excuse me, can you guys deliver?"

"Yes, we do," He says, smiling. "Only on things over a certain size and weight though."

"What about that one?" Baekhyun asks, pointing to the giant plushie that he's had his eye on this whole time.

"Oh, yes, definitely," The worker nods, pushing his glasses up his nose. "We would ask that you pay for half of it and shipping first, and the rest when it arrives to you safely."

"Great!" Baekhyun replies happily, already pulling out his wallet. "Can I also get you to wrap it?"

 

On the other side of town, Chanyeol also hasn't been having much luck finding something appropriate for Baekhyun. He sighs, frustrated, and runs a hand through his hair, pushing it back.

"Chanyeol-ah," Chanyeol turns to look at Junmyeon, frowning. "It's uh, getting late."

"I know, hyung!" Chanyeol exclaims, clearly not happy about this either. "What can I do though? I don't know what to get him, and-!"

He suddenly stops talking, his eyes having landed on a very specific place.

"I think I know exactly what to buy him…"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My really lame Christmas Eve drabble ^_^; OTL I hope it wasn't too lame or cheesy or you know, terrible... 

Thank you for all the comments, upvotes and subscribers ; A ; I'm still in shock over all the support, seriously. Thank you <3

So until tomorrow, when I post part two of this ^_^