xlvii. Because of You

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

For the first time in a few months, they are given a few days break. So, at the first available moment, they pack their things, all eager to go home and see their families. Baekhyun is humming to himself, under his breath, as he collects only the necessities, since he knows that home already has almost everything he needs. He looks up and allows his eyes to move over to Chanyeol, and just watches him for a while as he packs. Baekhyun stops packing, and takes quiet steps towards his boyfriend, his eyes on his face the entire time. His arms encircle Chanyeol's waist as soon as he's close enough, and he buries his face into the soft fabric of the other's shirt.

"Baekhyun-ah," Chanyeol's deep voice is music to his ears. "Is something wrong?"

"I'm going to miss you, Yeol," He says, his voice muffled by Chanyeol's back. "I'm going to miss you so much."

He feels Chanyeol place his hands upon his own, and remove them from around his waist. Chanyeol turns around and cups Baekhyun's face gently before kissing him, lovingly and sweetly.

"And I'm going to miss you too," Chanyeol whispers against Baekhyun's lips. "It's only for a couple of days, you can survive that long without me, right?"

"Of course," Baekhyun smirks. "The real question is, can you survive that long with me?"

"Fine, then let's see who caves first," Chanyeol challenges, taking a step back. "First person to call or text the other will be punished, fair?"

"Bring it on, Yeol," Baekhyun laughs, crossing his arms. "I'll make you regret uttering those words!"

 

A few hours later, every member of EXO is filing out of the dorm one by one as their families come pick them up, or in the Chinese members' cases, are driven to the airport. Hoping to remain strong, neither Chanyeol nor Baekhyun actually properly say goodbye to each other before leaving.

In the car, Baekhyun almost immediately falls asleep, feeling thoroughly exhausted from his busy schedule, and misses the sympathetic looks from his parents, and the longing one from Chanyeol as he passes by their car. He sleeps for the entire car ride, and has to be carried inside by his father, who sets him down on the couch, worried about his youngest son, but proud of him at the same time. He isn't woken up until his mom finishes dinner. Rubbing his eyes sleepily, Baekhyun shuffles his way over to the dinner table and sits down before yawning widely; that had been a good nap.

"How long was I asleep?" He asks his mother as she places a bowl of soup in front of him.

"Oh, no more than a couple of hours," She replies, smiling, before running a hand through his hair. "You're so thin, Baekhyun-ah, I'm so worried about you and your health… Promise me you'll take care of yourself?"

"Of course, mom," Baekhyun smiles back, leaning into his mother's gentle touch. "I missed you and dad so much…"

"Oh honey," His mother takes a seat next to him and pulls him into her arms. "We missed you too, so much."

Eventually his father joins them at the table, and they fall into light dinner conversation, catching each other up on their lives. Baekhyun tells his parents some funny stories from idol life, and as they laugh together, he can't help but feel like something is missing. Usually, it's Chanyeol he's laughing with, and without Chanyeol, it feels almost weird; he's used to Chanyeol's almost constant presence in his life. Even though he's happy to be with his family, and eating the delicious food that his mother made, Baekhyun wishes that Chanyeol were there to enjoy all this with him. He isn't going to give in first though, he's afraid that Chanyeol doesn't feel the same way, and pride is getting in the way a little.

After dinner, they watch a movie together, and Baekhyun is once again thinking about Chanyeol, and how he thinks that he would love this movie. Afterwards, he excuses himself and heads to bed in his old room. The bed is cold, and Chanyeol isn't there to warm him up. He sighs to himself, and wonders how Chanyeol is doing, because he misses him terribly. Baekhyun closes his eyes and tries to fall asleep, as he wonders how he had even lived before meeting Chanyeol.

Baekhyun sleeps rather restlessly throughout the night, waking up once every couple of hours, his thoughts constantly on Chanyeol. Eventually, he gives up on sleep and just crawls out of bed, looking out the window to see that the sun is just starting to rise. A small smile graces his lips as he thinks about the last time he watched the sun rise. Chanyeol had been with him, his arms wrapped protectively around his waist, he had whispered sweet nothings into Baekhyun's ear, and his head had rested comfortably against his head. Baekhyun closes his eyes, wishing that Chanyeol were with him at that moment.

He pulls out his phone and stares at it, wondering if he should call, and just tell him how he really feels. Sighing, his clutch on his phone tightens, before tossing it aside. Part of him is still trying to act like he doesn't need Chanyeol as much as he really does. Eventually, he sits down on the bed and picks up his phone, instead of texting Chanyeol, though, he texts Junmyeon.

Hyung, are you awake? Baekhyun checks the time and see that it's already 8, so he should be.

Good morning, Baekhyun-ah, Junmyeon texts back. How are you? How's your family?

I'm good, they're good, how about you?

Same, so why are you texting me so early? I figured that you'd be sleeping in. Is everything okay?

Hyung… I miss Chanyeol…

This time, Junmyeon doesn't respond immediately, so Baekhyun lies back down on the bed, waiting.

So why are you texting me and not him?

Baekhyun laughs out loud, since he's been asking himself that since before he started texting him.

We have a bet, first person to text or contact the other will be punished… and I don't want to seem weak.

…Are you serious right now? And Baekhyun laughs again because he can just imagine the look on Junmyeon's face at that moment.

Sorry for bothering you, hyung, I'll see you tomorrow.

Just text him, Baekhyun-ah, I'm sure he's thinking about you too.

Baekhyun tosses his phone aside and sighs, he knows that Chanyeol probably is, but he refuses to cave first.

 

The next day, Baekhyun is barely given time to drop his stuff off at the dorm before being whisked off to a schedule, another performance. So, Baekhyun has still yet to see Chanyeol, and by this point, his heart is almost literally aching for the other. He's then taken to makeup and to change, and then he's told to go onto the stage area and wait for further instructions. Baekhyun just frowns, but does as he's told. When he steps on to the stage and doesn't see anyone immediately, he briefly wonders if he's in the wrong place, until he sees a familiar tall person on the other side of said stage.

"Chanyeol-ah!" He yells as loud as he can, smiling and waving.

Chanyeol immediately looks up at the sound of his name being called, but doesn't spot Baekhyun immediately, when he does though, his mouth splits into a grin so wide Baekhyun wonders if it's even physically possible.

"Baekhyun-ah!" And the he's walking towards him so Baekhyun does the same.

Slowly, they start walking faster before full out running. Soon, Baekhyun is wrapping his arms around Chanyeol's neck loosely, and he's hyper aware of Chanyeol's arms encircling his waist before they're kissing each other, trying to convey just how much they have missed each other. They pull apart slowly, but still stay connected, holding on to each other like a lifeline.

"I missed you…" Baekhyun whispers, pressing their foreheads together. "Nothing felt right without you. Because you weren't there, I couldn't even properly enjoy this break…"

Chanyeol chuckles lightly as Baekhyun pouts cutely.

"I missed you too, Baekhyun-ah," He gently pecks the other's lips again. "I spent the last two days staring at my phone and thinking about texting you… I almost broke down… in the end, I texted Junmyeon hyung instead…"

"I did too!" Baekhyun exclaims, laughing. "I'm sure he thought that we were crazy…"

And then they're laughing together, still holding on to one another. Baekhyun realises that his laughter, his smiles, his feelings, everything just feels more genuine when he is with Chanyeol, and because of that, he never wants to go anywhere without his beautiful boyfriend again.

"How about no more stupid bets?" Baekhyun asks, after their laughter dies down. "I don't think I can stand not having contact with you at all for more than a few hours…"

"Agreed," Chanyeol nods and pulls Baekhyun closer. "Never again…"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because I bet they would. Children. lol

Thank you so much to all my subscribers, commenters, upvoters, readers, just all of you ; A ; i love you <3

So until hopefully next week, I make no promises. =3