xlix. Stupid Chanyeollie

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

There is a loud crash, and Baekhyun is startled out of his thoughts. Even though he is currently texting his brother, he tosses his phone aside without a second thought, and heads towards the sound. His expression changes from one of curiosity to worry when he sees Chanyeol standing in the kitchen, a broken piece of glass in his left hand, and blood dripping from his other hand. Rushing over, Baekhyun gently pulls Chanyeol’s bleeding hand into his, frowning at the deep cut.

There are broken pieces on the floor, along with half-eaten food, and Baekhyun wonders how they ended up there in the first place; maybe something had distracted Chanyeol. Slowly, Baekhyun leads Chanyeol over to the sink, turns the water on, and holds the other’s hand under the running water.

“Oh, Chanyeollie,” Baekhyun sighs, watching the water wash the blood off of Chanyeol’s hand. “You’re so stupid.”

Baekhyun expects Chanyeol to laugh, to know that he’s just kidding. He doesn’t expect Chanyeol to pull his hand out of Baekhyun’s grasp, an unreadable expression on his face.

“You’re right,” Chanyeol’s voice is so quiet that Baekhyun knows, immediately, that something is horribly wrong. “I am stupid.”

The piece of glass in his left hand is tossed away with a little too much strength, and Baekhyun winces when it shatters on the floor. Chanyeol all but stomps out of the room, and a few seconds later, Baekhyun hears his bedroom door slam closed.  Baekhyun stays frozen for a good five minutes, trying to figure out what exactly had just happened. He has never seen Chanyeol react so violently, not when he’s stressed, sleep deprived, or just in a bad mood; whatever happened must be affecting him far worse than anything else he’s ever experienced.

A sting is felt when Baekhyun moves his arm, and when he looks down, he sees a long cut across his upper arm, most likely caused by that piece of glass that Chanyeol threw. Baekhyun is a little angry, confused, and generally worried as he leaves the kitchen and goes to knock on Chanyeol’s door.

“Chanyeollie…” He says quietly, still knocking. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it…”

“Go away!” Baekhyun winces and backs away when he hears something shatter against the door. “I just want to be alone!”

Hurt by Chanyeol’s reaction, Baekhyun slowly makes his way back to the kitchen and starts to pick up the broken pieces with his bare hands, not even reacting when the pieces cut into him. By the end, all of the broken pieces in the garbage are stained with drops of his blood, and there’s even some on the tiled floors. Ignoring all of that, Baekhyun just leaves the kitchen. He grabs some paper and a pen before sitting down next to Chanyeol’s closed door. Shakily, he writes a few words on a blank page before sliding it underneath the door, not noticing the blood stains on the page.

Stupid, Chanyeollie is stupid. Stupid.

Stupid, I am stupid. You’re stupid too. Why is there blood?
Tell me what’s wrong; I’m worried about you.

Tell me why you’re bleeding.

Baekhyun wants to say that he’s bleeding because Chanyeol hurt him, but he doesn’t write anything. His hands are shaking as he stares at the blood on the paper, and he barely notices when Chanyeol slides another sheet of paper underneath the door.

I just want to breathe, Baekhyunnie… I just want freedom.

I know, so do I. What happened?

They won’t let me visit my family.

They never do.

My grandmother is in the hospital. She might be on her deathbed and I can’t even go see her.

I’m sorry… Hopefully she’ll get better.

I just want to see her… You have no reason to apologise, you did nothing wrong. I’m sorry, Baekhyunnie.

Baekhyun almost smiles at those words, knowing that Chanyeol is feeling better now.  That’s when he starts to feel the cuts on his hands, and the one on his arm. He’s about to get up and go clean himself up when Chanyeol’s door finally opens. Next thing he knows, Chanyeol is embracing him tightly, but gently.

“I love you,” Chanyeol whispers into his ear. “I love you so much. Thank you. I’m so sorry, forgive me…”

Baekhyun closes his eyes, actually smiling now, and buries his face into the crook of Chanyeol’s neck, leaving his arms dangling by his sides.

“I love you too,” Baekhyun tells him earnestly. “And you need to stop beating yourself up over this, this isn’t your fault anymore than it is mine.”

“I hurt you…” Chanyeol says, holding his boyfriend at arm’s length. “The cut on your arm, the cuts on your beautiful fingers… They’re all my fault.”

He lifts Baekhyun’s right hand, and softly places a kiss upon each cut, before repeating the process on the other hand as well; Baekhyun almost cries at the affection, happy that his gentle, caring Chanyeollie is back.

“Come on,” Chanyeol’s hand is wrapped tightly around Baekhyun’s wrist. “I’ll clean you up.”

“Wait,” Baekhyun says suddenly, pulling Chanyeol back. He shifts until their lips are touching, lingering together in a delicate show of affection. And when Baekhyun pulls away, it’s not completely, their faces mere centimetres apart. “Thank you…”

Chanyeol gives him a face splitting grin at the affection, and Baekhyun can feel his heart fluttering as the corners of his eyes crinkle as he smile back at him. Another kiss is shared before Baekhyun leads Chanyeol towards the washroom. Blood is washed away, and then Chanyeol is wrapping bandages around each cut, before another kiss is placed upon the now bandaged cut.

“Take care of yourself, okay?” Chanyeol whispers, his lips finding Baekhyun’s by the end of the question. “I don’t like seeing you hurt.”

“And same to you,” Baekhyun retorts, finding Chanyeol’s right hand and running a finger over the cut across his palm. “Please.”

“I promise.” Chanyeol replies with a deep chuckle before pulling Baekhyun closer.

“Chanyeollie is stupid,” Baekhyun says, playfully punching Chanyeol in the arm. “Stupid.”

“You’re right,” Chanyeol laughs this time, and Baekhyun smiles. “Chanyeollie is stupid.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was inspired by a scene from a Korean movie called "A Story Sadder Than Sad," and I recommend that you watch it, but have tissue. ^_^;

Thank you so much to everyone that subscribed, commented, upvoted, and simply took the time to read it! It means a lot! <3

So until next week, which will be the 50th one (holy crap) and then I'll be taking a slight break from these because I've been writing longer things, and haven't been writing drabbles much... Hopefully won't be too long though. ^_^