xxxii. To Sing for the World

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

Baekhyun stares nervously out at the huge crowd; he's never been afraid of performing in front of people, but that's because he's always been with the rest of his group. This time, this time he's alone, and to say that he's anxious is an understatement; he is flat out terrified. And what makes it even more nerve wracking is that he's going to be singing the national anthem. What if he makes a mistake? Forgets the words? Or his voice cracks? Or he just gets up there and can't even sing?

Baekhyun shakes his head furiously, trying to clear his mind of all the negativity.

He takes a deep breath, and decides to do a few voice exercises before he has to go out there. And then they're calling him. He's shaking as he walks out on to the field, his eyes nervously darting around, looking for a familiar face. His eyes land on Chanyeol just as he steps on to the platform, and Chanyeol grins widely before giving him a thumbs-up. Baekhyun feels somewhat calmer after that. When he's given the cue, he opens his mouth and just sings, letting it all flow out naturally.

When it ends, Baekhyun is extremely relieved. He’s relieved that he didn’t screw up, and that it's over. He makes his way backstage as quickly as possible, trying to calm his pounding heart that is beating far too quickly.

Baekhyun enters the dressing room to see Chanyeol there, waiting for him. He doesn't even hesitate before walking straight into the other's open arms.

"You did so well, Baekhyunnie," Chanyeol whispers, kissing the top of Baekhyun's head. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you," Baekhyun replies, relaxing into Chanyeol's warm embrace. "I couldn't have done it without you, though."

"Me?" Chanyeol sounds utterly confused as he moves back a little, and looks at the other. "What did I do?"

Baekhyun just smiles, wondering if Chanyeol would understand.

"You smiled at me."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Another short one, although technically not short enough? A drabble is supposed to be a story that's exactly 100 words, and none of my so-called drabbles are that short xD whatever. 

Thank you so much for all the people that upvoted, subscribered, commented, and just read my drabbles! <3 It means the world to me, I love writing, and your support keeps me going. ^_^

So until next week =3