xliii. Soul Mates

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

"What are you looking at?" Baekhyun asks softly, leaning against his boyfriend's shoulder. "Is there something on my face?"

"Just admiring how beautiful you are," Chanyeol replies, reaching a hand out to gently caress Baekhyun's cheek. "And there was a comfortable silence, I didn't want to disturb it."

"You're so cheesy sometimes, you know that?" Baekhyun tells him, laughing.

"I know," Chanyeol just smiles before leaning forward and kissing him, catching Baekhyun off guard. "And I think you like it when I am."

"Maybe…" Baekhyun blushes before softly kissing Chanyeol back. "I do love everything about you…"

"And same to you."

They touch their foreheads together, just staring into each other's eyes, feeling perfectly content at that moment. They don't know how long they just stay like that, but it is so comfortable and so perfect to them that they just lose track of time, not moving until they hear Junmyeon yelling that they have to go. And then they finally move away from each other, albeit extremely reluctantly, a small smile still lingering on both their lips.

 

By the time they get back to their dorm, it is almost 3 AM, and Baekhyun is tired but restless; he doesn't feel like sleeping. Baekhyun stays on the couch in the living room after everyone else has retired to their beds, eager to catch the two, or three if they are lucky, hours of sleep they would get. Chanyeol yawns widely, wanting to sleep, but he cares about Baekhyun more, so he sits down next to him instead of leaving him alone.

"Baek," He says softly, wrapping an arm around Baekhyun's shoulders. "Something wrong?"

"I don't know…" Baekhyun tells him honestly, placing his head upon Chanyeol's shoulder.

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol asks, worried. "What's the matter?"

"I don't know," Baekhyun repeats with a slight shake of his head. "These last couple of days, I've been having trouble falling asleep, and by the time I do, I get not even an hour of sleep… Like right now, I'm tired but I'm restless, I can't sleep…"

Chanyeol smiles softly, having seen Baekhyun act like this before, and he knows what the problem is.

"Come sleep in my bed tonight," He whispers, placing a kiss upon the other's forehead. "Let me keep you warm, Baekhyunnie."

And Baekhyun likes the sound of that, but he still doesn't want to sleep. Instead, he just stays in the same position.

"Can we stay like this?" His words are quiet, barely audible. "Please?"

"Sure," Chanyeol replies, placing his head upon Baekhyun's head. "Whatever you like."

"Thank you…" Baekhyun has a small smile on his face, his eyes drifting closed.

"I love you, Baekhyunnie." Chanyeol tells the smaller male.

When he doesn't get an immediate reply though, he turns his head to see that Baekhyun is asleep, soft puppy noises coming from his lips. Chanyeol chuckles lightly as he gets both of them settled on the couch. Wrapping the blanket, that's left out here sometimes, around both of them, Chanyeol then places his arms around his boyfriend, holding him closely and tightly.

"Goodnight Baekhyunnie," He whispers, kissing the other on the tip of his nose. "Sweet dreams."

 

When they wake up in the morning, Baekhyun feels a lot more rested than he has in the past week. A few of the other members are already awake, and they're already trying to get a quick shower in before having to be ushered off again for another busy day. Baekhyun eventually finds himself in the shower with Chanyeol, and the two of them look at each other, desire and lust clear in their eyes, but there is simply no time for that.

Junmyeon standing at the door with their managers, clapping their hands, and yelling that they were going to be late. As a last minute decision, Baekhyun grabs one of Chanyeol's sweaters and pulls it over his own long sleeved shirt. The sweater is far too big for him, but he doesn't care, feeling warm and safe inside Chanyeol's large sweater. Since they started dating, Baekhyun has been helping himself to Chanyeol's clothes, mostly his oversized shirts and baseball caps; it just felt right, and Chanyeol never says anything.

As they are leaving, Chanyeol notices that Baekhyun is wearing his clothes again and he smiles, because as much as he likes to wear his own clothes, he likes seeing Baekhyun wear them more. When they're outside the door, Baekhyun smiles widely at Chanyeol, and Chanyeol returns it before he moves to hold Baekhyun's hand, like it's the most natural thing in the world.

 

In the car, they're giggling and whispering things into each other's ear, and everyone else is purposely ignoring them.

"You look good in my sweater," Chanyeol is saying. "Better than when I wear it."

"Nonsense," Baekhyun retorts weakly, blushing. "No one looks better in this sweater than you."

"So lucky to be your love," Chanyeol starts singing suddenly before cupping Baekhyun's face and kissing him softly. "So lucky my love…"

And Baekhyun laughs softly before starting to sing along with him, filling the van with song. They sing until the manager yells for them to stop, and they do, before they dissolve into a fit of giggles. And Baekhyun is being held tightly by Chanyeol as they just laugh the rest of the car ride away, knowing that he would rather be nowhere else than where he is. And in that moment, Baekhyun is sure that the two of them are soul mates, or the closest thing to it. Smiling, he pulls Chanyeol down a little and he kisses him passionately, trying to relish this moment, never wanting it to end.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like this one could have been a lot better... but I hope you like it. They're just perfect for each other, that is all. =3

Thank you to everyone that read, commented on, subscribed to, and upvoted my drabbles ; A ; I hope they're still living up to your expectations. 

So until... probably next week =3