xvi. Fearless Baekhyun (2/2)

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

Baekhyun gets up that morning, grabs his wallet, his keys, mp3 player, and phone, before packing a few other necessities, and prepares to leave the dorm. He is at the door when his resolve wavers. He places his keys on the table, and is rethinking his decision, when Junmyeon and Yixing step out of their rooms, both sleepily rubbing their eyes.

"Baekhyun-ah," Yixing notices him almost immediately, and says his name in between wide yawns. "Are you going somewhere?"

Baekhyun swallows audibly before pocketing his phone, and standing up straight. His eyes flicker to the door for a brief moment before looking back at Yixing.

"Yes, I'm just going for a walk," He lies, as he slings the bag over his shoulder. "I'll be back soon, I promise."

The older male nods, and waves his hand, like he's dismissing him. And Baekhyun runs out the door before he has a chance to change his mind, leaving his keys behind.

 

Baekhyun has been in, what idols refer to as, a slump. He's afraid, terrified, that he won't be able to do well, sing well, dance well, he fears losing the respect of the fans that he has worked so hard to gain, and most of all, he fears losing s, he fears that they'll think he's useless.

So, as he runs through the streets, that early in the morning, he can't help but think that this is the right thing to do, to leave it all behind so that he can't let them down later on. He has been speaking to a noona at the company, and she's been very helpful, but once you're in this mindset, it's very difficult to get out of. He sighs as he slows down and pulls his cap lower, trying to hide his face.

Eventually, he finds himself at a cafe, the cafe where he and Chanyeol had their second kiss, and so he turns away, because Chanyeol is the only thing that he can't stand completely letting go of. He runs and runs until he's so tired that he can no longer stand. That's when he finds himself in a playground, and feeling rather lost.

Slowly, he lowers himself on to a swing and just sits there, staring into space, until Chanyeol calls him. He tells Chanyeol not to look for him, because he doesn't even know where he is, and then he promises that he'll go back soon, which is a lie, because he doesn't have his keys. He thinks, perhaps, that part of him left the keys behind on purpose, like he had never intended to go back.

 

And then he finds himself in front of the apartment that he had lived in for nineteen years before entering SM. His mother answers the door after the fourth knock, and she's crying as she embraces him tightly, leading himself inside, sitting him down, and telling him that she'll make all his favourite foods. Baekhyun's crying too by the time she's in the kitchen, cooking.

He tells her that he's here without permission, but she doesn't say anything. She’s just happy to see him. His mother asks him to stay the night, and says that they'll drive him back tomorrow. Baekhyun wants to say that he doesn't want to go back, but the words never come out.

 

As he enters SM around noon the next day, he realizes that, despite what he thinks he wants, he has missed this place, this place where so many things has happened. He hugs his parents goodbye, and walks in, wondering if the rest of EXO is here, but he doesn't stay long enough to find out; he doesn't think he can face them just yet.

He does go see that noona, though, and he tells her about what he did yesterday, and how he thinks it's time to face his fears. She smiles warmly at him before sliding a bracelet around his thin wrist. The bracelet has the words: Fearless Baekhyun, engraved into it, and Baekhyun smiles back at her as he touches it, turning it so he can look at it from every angle. She tells him to be fearless, and asks why he's afraid now, when he has been fearless before. He thanks her, once, twice, three times before running back to the dorms.

Baekhyun raises a hand to knock on the door, but then stops, realizing that there shouldn't be anyone home. Just when he's thinking about turning around and going back to the company building, the door opens.

"Baekhyun-ah…" Chanyeol gasps, his eyes wide, like he couldn't quite believe what he was seeing. "Baekhyun-ah, you're back!" He rushes forward and embraces the smaller male tightly. "You're back, I'm so glad you're back!"

"I'm glad to be back…" Baekhyun replies, wrapping his arms around the other and placing his head on his shoulder. "I missed you, Chanyeol-ah…"

"Come on, let's go back inside," Chanyeol pulls them both inside before closing the door behind them. "I missed you, so much…"

And then Baekhyun is being pushed up against the door as Chanyeol captures his lips hungrily, and Baekhyun's kissing back with just as much fever and passion; it's clear how much they've missed each other. They only part for air, lips swollen, both panting, but both smiling.

"Please, Baekhyun-ah," Chanyeol whispers, pulling him close again. "Promise me you'll never leave again… I missed you so much I couldn't even go to practice… Instead, I spent the day waiting for you to come back… I just… I was so worried…"

"I don't want to leave anymore, Chanyeol-ah," Baekhyun replies, nestling his face into the familiar crook of Chanyeol's neck. "I'm never going to leave you again, I promise."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Part two! ^_^; I hope this ending is satisfying... um... and I apologise for the angst... although this is me that we're talking about, and basically all my other fics are angsty in some way... but yeah... I'll just uh, stop talking now...

Thank you so everyone that took the time to comment! And um, if you unsubscribed, would you mind telling me why? I would like to know what I can improve on... I know that it's impossible to please everyone, but um, I kind of just want people to like the things I write...

So until Friday! ^_^