xxvi. Injuries and Love

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

This drabble is written for IguessSoYeah, she asked for a practice session drabble where someone maybe gets injured. I hope you like it! ; A ;

 

It's another late night, and Chanyeol is practicing with Sehun and Jongin again; their comeback is soon, and Chanyeol still barely knows the steps.

"It goes like this, see?" Jongin tells him, doing the move again, his voice calm, but Chanyeol can tell that his patience is wearing a little thin.

Sehun has long since given up, and is just leaning against the wall. Chanyeol tries to copy what Jongin just did, but obviously still does it wrong as the younger male sighs.

"It's getting late," Chanyeol says then, wiping some sweat from his forehead. "Why don't you guys head back? I'll stay a little longer."

Both of them just nod, clearly too tired to argue with this, before leaving the room, and Chanyeol alone. For a long moment, he just stares at himself in the mirror, trying to figure out why he just can't get this right. He starts practicing again, and keeps going until he can barely keep himself upright. By the time he leaves the studio, it's almost 3 AM, and Chanyeol feels that he's no better than he had been when Jongin and Sehun had been there.

He walks back to the dorms slowly, dragging his feet; he's just so tired. When he enters his shared bedroom, he sees Baekhyun asleep in his bed again. The sight makes him smile, and feel a little bit less tired. After changing, he crawls into his tiny bed and pulls Baekhyun close, chuckling as the other responds with a soft noise that sounds like a puppy. Chanyeol smiles as he falls asleep almost immediately, feeling content having his beautiful Baekhyunnie in his arms.

 

"From the top!" Chanyeol hears the choreographer yell, and he sighs.

His legs are still aching from the previous night's practice, and now he feels that he's dragging everyone else down, because he's the only one that hasn't gotten the routine down yet. As they start again, he tries his best to get the steps right, but he can still hear the choreographer yelling over the music. He winces when he manages to twist his ankle, but he tries to not let it show as they continue, except the pain is too much and he just can't make it through the whole thing. He drags himself off to the side, out of the way of everyone else, and hisses in pain when he touches the ankle. And then Baekhyun is next to him, worry etched deeply into his soft features.

"Chanyeol-ah," He yells, trying to be heard above the music. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

That is when the music stops, and Chanyeol just smiles.

"I'm fine," He says. "Just twisted my ankle, nothing serious."

Baekhyun turns to look behind him, and Chanyeol just notices that the choreographer is standing right there.

"Can I take him back to the dorms?" Baekhyun asks, turning to look at Chanyeol rather sadly. "I think that he needs to rest…"

"…Fine," He replies after a moment. "I'll spend a little extra time with him tomorrow."

Baekhyun smiles at those words, and Chanyeol feels his heart skip a beat; he loves Baekhyun's smile, it is just so bright and beautiful.

"Thank you!" Baekhyun exclaims. "Come on, Chanyeol-ah, let's go."

He struggles to get Chanyeol to his feet before pulling his arm around his shoulders. Chanyeol nods his thanks to the choreographer as Baekhyun helps him awkwardly hobble out of the room.

"Okay, back to work!" Chanyeol hears the choreographer say after they leave the room. "You guys aren't much better than him."

And then they're out of earshot. The walk back to the dorm, or their temporary home, is long and tiring, and Chanyeol wants to just sit down and not move anymore.

"Chanyeol-ah…" Baekhyun looks up at him, clearly concerned. "Maybe we should get someone to look at it, it looks serious…"

"It's just a twisted ankle," Chanyeol replies easily. "I'll be fine tomorrow."

Baekhyun stares at him for a long minute, but then just nods. The rest of the walk is silent.

 

"Let me get you some ice," Baekhyun says, after Chanyeol is lying on his bed. "It'll help."

Chanyeol nods as Baekhyun leaves the room, closing his eyes right after; he just wants to sleep. The next thing Chanyeol feels is something cold touching his ankle, and he sighs in relief, because the ice helps, a lot.

"Feel better?" Baekhyun's voice reaches his ears, and he opens his eyes to look at the smaller male.

"Yes, Baekhyunnie," He replies with a smile. "Much, thank you."

"Okay, now get some rest," Baekhyun says, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "I'll be here when you wake up."

"Okay," He replies in between wide yawns. "I want you… to be… the first person… I see…"

And then he falls asleep, truly content with life at that very moment, because Baekhyun is more than he could ever ask for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

super late, as always, ugh I'm sorry I fail at life. OTL I hope you liked it! ; A ; If you didn't, I wouldn't mind writing you another one =3 

Thank you to everyone that subscribed, upvoted and commented ; A ; It means so much! and thank you for 10 upvotes <3

Next week will be the first of a two-parter, the second part being --inspiritic's request. I hope you don't mind that I did that OTL So until next Thursday <3