lv. 24 Years to Hours

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

At the of midnight, Chanyeol pulls a small teddy bear out of his bag and hands it to Baekhyun. They are in the middle of a break from filming, and Baekhyun is more than ready to just collapse, but that’s not an option, at least not yet.

“Happy birthday, Baekhyun-ah,” Chanyeol whispers. “You’re now one.”

Baekhyun is confused because he’s technically turning 24, but he doesn’t ask as he happily accepts the tiny teddy bear. It makes this whole thing a little easier to endure.

At 1 AM, as they’re finally leaving the building, Chanyeol slips him another teddy bear, one that’s slightly bigger than the last one. This time, he doesn’t say anything, just winks as he leans in close and kisses Baekhyun on the cheek. Baekhyun pouts slightly, because he wishes that had been a kiss on the lips, but he’s sure he’ll get one eventually. There’s a little note attached to the teddy bear, and it simply says: 2nd. And Baekhyun smiles a little more as he realises that Chanyeol must be planning to give him a teddy bear every hour.

They get back to the dorm at around 2 AM, and Baekhyun is so tired that he barely makes it to his little bed in the corner of the living room before collapsing. He’s on the verge of sleep when he feels something soft being placed into his hands, and a gentle kiss on his forehead. He falls asleep soon after that with a smile on his face.

And he’s woken up about 3 hours later in the same fashion. His eyes flutter open slowly and the first thing he’s greeted with is Chanyeol’s smiling face, and three more teddy bears, each one bigger than the last. Baekhyun laughs as he rubs the sleep from his eyes and sits up. At the rate this is going, the final bear must be at least as big as Chanyeol. Baekhyun wraps his arms around Chanyeol tightly, having never been happier to wake up in awhile. Chanyeol kisses him but makes a face as he pulls away, and Baekhyun can’t help but laugh.

“Happy 6th birthday,” Chanyeol says, laughing with him. “Baekhyunnie.”

“Thank you, Chanyeol-ah,” Baekhyun leans forward and kisses him again. “I’m happy to be able to spend it with you.”

The next five hours, they’re rushed from place to place, and there’s barely time to look at each other, let alone get a little time together. Still though, Baekhyun sneaks glances at Chanyeol hoping for a moment, any moment that he can at least sneak in a kiss. By the time he does, it’s already noon and that’s only because they’re getting a break for food. Baekhyun is trying to eat as much as possible when Chanyeol slides in next to him and hands him another teddy bear.

“I know I owe you seven, but they’re back at the dorm, so here’s just one for now.” Chanyeol tells him in a rush, like if he doesn’t say it all in one breath he’s not going to get to say it later. “And you’re now 13.”

Baekhyun takes a brief second to just look at the bear. It’s about the size of the first six combined, large ears, round, beady eyes, and a little smile that reminds Baekhyun of Chanyeol. He turns back to his boyfriend and kisses him, having already forgotten about his lunch. He softly brushes his nose across Chanyeol’s just as their manager is yelling for them to go. They get up at the same time and head for the door as Chanyeol’s hand finds its way around Baekhyun’s.

Ten hours later, they’re all exhausted to the point of collapse, but they’re finally allowed to go back to their dorm, which is a surprise to Baekhyun; the times that they’re allowed to go back to their dorm before midnight is far and few in between. Since then, he’s gotten three more teddy bears that were hurriedly stuffed in his direction during breaks. He had then stuffed them into his bag before continuing with the shooting for one thing or another.

Baekhyun immediately collapses onto bed after they get back, and soon enough, he’s lulled to sleep by the sounds of s going to their own rooms. He’s not sure how much time has passed when Zitao, who has a wide smile on his face and a bear in his hands, is shaking him awake.

“Chanyeol told me to give this to you as a placeholder,” Zitao says as he pulls Baekhyun out of bed and on to his feet.

Baekhyun is disoriented since he’s just woken up, but he accepts the bear and hugs it tightly. The bear has a sort of calming effect as Baekhyun imagines that he’s hugging Chanyeol instead. Zitao’s hand closes around his wrist and starts leading him towards the kitchen. Still not completely awake, Baekhyun follows after him, tripping over his own pants a couple of times. He’s shoved into the kitchen first, and Baekhyun’s barely aware that the lights are off before they’re suddenly on.

“Surprise!” A chorus of voices shouts, and it takes Baekhyun a moment to realise that they’re s. “Happy birthday, Baekhyun-ah!”

Baekhyun blinks at each face, smiling a little wider as he scans the room. There’s a table in the corner piled with bears, each one bigger than the last. The smile slips a little when he notices that Chanyeol isn’t in the room, but then he spots a human-sized, no, Chanyeol-sized bear standing right next to the table with the bears with a cake in his hands. And then he’s smiling so widely that his cheeks ache since he’s certain that that’s Chanyeol. The bear brings the cake over to the table, and everyone starts singing happy birthday for him. Baekhyun laughs, and claps along, blowing the candles out afterwards. Someone removes the candles as he’s making a wish, and before be can react, the cake is being smashed into his face.

He doesn’t even need to look to know that it was the bear, or Chanyeol, who did, and he doesn’t even hesitate before grabbing a piece of cake and attempting to hit Chanyeol with it. Chanyeol ducks out of the way and hits Kyungsoo in the face instead. Baekhyun doesn’t even have time to laugh before he’s being hit in the face by another piece of cake. It doesn’t even get a chance to escalate into an all-out food fight before the cake is basically gone, but everyone now has cake on their faces, and everyone’s laughing.

Baekhyun is laughing with them when he feels arms wrap around his waist. He turns to see that Chanyeol has finally removed the bear head, and that he is smiling widely at him.

“Happy 24th birthday, Baekhyun-ah!” Chanyeol says, a little breathless, as he some cake off of Baekhyun’s face. “Did you see all the bears? Do you like them?”

“Thank you,” Baekhyun laughs again as he presses his lips to Chanyeol’s. “Yes, but you’re the only bear that I want.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a very crappy birthday drabble for my baby Baekhyunnie. I hope you guys like it OTL

Thank you so much to everyone for the support, it really means so much to me ^_^ I love you all <3

I really don't know when I'll update this again, so I'm not going to make any promises. Until next time ^_^