Chapter Eight; Treachery

Sheer Arrogance

A/N: I hope this chapter would answer all of your questions and doubts about this plot!

Chapter Eight; Treachery (27/08/2013)

Treachery: violation of faith, betrayal of trust, treason.


'Unnie, should I?' Seohyun asked Taeyeon as she saw EXO approaching their table, tugging Taeyeon's sleeve nervously for the umpteenth time. 'You should! Go now! I, your dearest unnie, will support you no matter what! I'm here for you whenever you need me, ara? So go now! Before it's too late.' Taeyeon encouraged.

'But I'm afraid he'll..' Seohyun mumbled. 'You'll regret it more if you don't do it.' Taeyeon stated as she smiled at the younger. 'You're kinda right. Here I go.'

'Hwaiting, Seohyun-ah!' Yoona shot her a smile as Seohyun took a deep breath and approached EXO.

'Noona!' Kai shouted excitedly. 'Jongin-ah, annyeong. Where's Baekhyun-sshi?' 'Over there, why?' 'Aniya, I have something important to tell him.' Seohyun stated bluntly.

She then walked towards Baekhyun slowly and tapped him on the shoulder, 'Is there anything you need, Seohyun-sshi?' Baekhyun asked as he looked at her. 'I have something to say.. It's important.' 'Sure thing, are you able to say now?' Baekhyun asked.

'I...' Seohyun paused and wondered if she should continue.

'I like you.'

Baekhyun's eyes widened and Seohyun swallowed nervously.

'Really? Since when?' 'I don't know.. I just noticed that I liked you and I felt that I should tell you.' Seohyun giggled, playing with her fingers.

'Well then.. Thanks for telling me. I appreciate it a lot.' Baekhyun ruffled her hair.

 

It was the first time she saw him smile.

'Jung Seohyun!' The teachers thunderous voice echoed through the silent classroom. 'Yes?' 'Why are you dreaming? In the middle of my class! If you fail your test, you'll get it hard this time round!' She scolded as Seohyun bowed and sat down.

She sighed and bit her lip, feeling sorry for herself.

She didn't want this either, did she? If only she had listened to Kai's advice and got away with him, she would not be in this state right now. She regretted so much, not listening to her dongsaeng.

'Seohyun-sshi, I would like to speak to you after the lesson.' The teacher said before sitting down. Seohyun nodded and went back to taking notes.

'Why have you been so off these few days? Did anything happen to your family? You can talk about it if you want.' The teacher asked caringly. 'No, it's okay. Thanks for the concern, sangsaengnim.' She bowed before heading out of the classroom, not even bothering to look back.

'Hyun-ah!' She heard a deep voice call out.

She turned back and looked at the person with those pair of cold eyes.

'Chanyeol oppa? Is there anything you want me to do?' She asked him, looking at the floor. 'What? Does my face look like the floor? Or is the floor speaking to you? Does it find you too pretty?' Chanyeol bombarded her with questions.

Seohyun blushed and raised her head, making direct eye contact with Chanyeol. 'Yes, sir. I'll look at you in the eye, so what do you need, sir?' Seohyun said sarcastically. 'Are you okay?' He asked. 'You're wasting my time. I'm fine and still in one piece.'

'Yeah, on the outside you're normal, but on the inside, you're breaking.' Chanyeol implied bluntly. 'Do you need me to get Kai?' He asked again. 'No. I'm fine. I can handle it on my own.' Seohyun said glaring at Chanyeol and walking away.

'Well.. Do you need me to accompany you then?' He offered. 'No thank you. Just leave me alone.'


'Aish!' Seohyun threw her pen on the table as she stood up and paced around her room, 'I guess I'll just go to sleep.' She mumbled before throwing everything into her backpack and jumping into bed, slowly drifting into her Dreamland.

The Next Day..

'Seohyun-ah, if you continue being all dazed like this, your grades are going to drop.' Mrs Lee sighed as she placed all Seohyun's test papers on her table. 'I'm sorry Mrs Lee, I'll do something to it.' 'I hope you will.' 'But may I take a break and go home earlier, I'm not feeling very well.' 'Sure, anything for you. But please do remember to study hard, it's time to pull up your socks and buck up.'

Seohyun nodded and bowed to the teacher before heading back to her classroom to pack her bag.

Walking out, she saw people crowding around and asking why she was going home that early. All she could do was to give a slight smile and continue walking away.

She turned her head and saw the others, the twelve boys and eight girls having fun and eating happily. All of a sudden, she felt invisible.

Baekhyun and Taeyeon? Seohyun heard that they started dating. Taeyeon seemed to have forgotten about Seohyun. Taeyeon really seemed to have changed from an angel to a devil.

All of them suddenly became strangers to her.

Seohyun just smiled and walked away sadly, 'I'm getting a fever,' she let out a sad chuckle as she touched her forehead just before her vision started getting blurry.


 

'It's been 2 weeks, where could she be?' Kai asked anxiously as he ran his fingers through his hair. 'I've been to her house, but she just refuses to open the door. Daehyun's not in Seoul, I'm not sure where he is now but I just can't contact Seohyun.' Yoona sighed as she bit her lip.

'I'll go find her then.' Taeyeon finally opened . 'Maybe she'll open the door. I'm worried too.' She said as Baekhyun place his arm over her shoulder.

Jessica clenched her fists in anger.

'Yah, you're worried? Did I hear wrongly? All of us went to visit her, no, at least go there to find her. All the eleven boys and seven girls, her friends all went! You two are just sitting there and doing nothing but hugging each other! You two are the cause of this and still?! I really can't stand seeing you being like this, Taeyeon-ah! Where is the old Taeyeon? The caring and kind one, where did she go? What happened?! And you! Byun Baekhyun! You're really getting on my nerves!' Jessica exploded in anger, seeing her dearest dongsaeng suffering because of the closest one she is to.

'I can't help it. I just don't like her. She said it herself, didn't she? Feelings can't be forced.' Baekhyun said smirking.

'You bastard!' Kai's fist went to Baekhyun's face almost immediately. 'I will not forgive you if anything happens to my noona!' He grabbed Baekhyun's collar and said.

'ed couple.' Chanyeol said as he rolled his eyes at the two.