chapter 51

Sheer Arrogance

Seohyun's eyebrows knitted together in confusion, giving the girl a complete scan from head to toe. The petite girl had brown wavy hair that reached under her chest, she was wearing a floral print dress with white flats, her big doe eyes stood out as a touch to her delicate doll features. 

"Chanyeol oppa!" 

She squealed as she threw her arms around the said man's waist, throwing herself on him right after. Meanwhile, Yura and Mrs Park gasped as Seohyun's unsure expression stayed plastered on her face. Putting the untensils down back onto the glass plate, she watched apprehensively. 

"M-Minah, what are you doing? Why are you here?" Chanyeol questioned, forcing her arms off him then taking a step back from Minah. "Oppa! Did you forget about me after you came back? You can't! Not after our one night stand!" She splurted, with tears b at the rims of her huge eyes. Seohyun couldn't believe what she just heard. 

A one night stand? Chanyeol?

"Mom.. Did you hear what that girl just said?" Yura asked her mom, distraught. 

"Yes, dear."

Everyone could feel the tension in the house. The silence was just absurd, until the girl broke it with her terrified screams.

"Park Chanyeol! I flew all the way from Hawaii here! Are you just going to stand there and not talk at all? Quit playing dumb, it's not funny anymore; I'm pregnant."

Seohyun choked on her own saliva before hearing the shattering of glass on the ground.

"Mom! Mom!" Yura panicked as she held onto her mom who went unconscious after hearing what her son did too a girl. Seohyun immediately got up and helped Yura to get Mrs Park to the couch. Chanyeol was astonished and rushed towards his family, getting a tight slap across the face from his sister. "How could you?" She asked furiously. 

The sound of tinkling bells then filled the tense room, Seohyun's phone rang as she rushed towards it, seeing Myungsoo's name flash across the screen, she grabbed her handbag. "Unnie, I need to get going. Take care." She sent a rushed glance towards Chanyeol who still had that unsure expression on, seeing her walk out dreadfully.

 

"Hello? Myungsoo-ah, sorry for leaving so early, I had something important going on. Do you want lunch?" Seohyun asked as she tried to keep her phone in place between her cheek and shoulder, checking the amount of money she has in wallet.

"It's okay noona! I know you don't have money," Seohyun heard his soft chuckles from the opposite line and forced an awkward smile. "Ha.. you sure know me well, Kim Myungsoo." 

"Of course I do, I'm not a best friend for nothing!" Hearing someone shout, Seohyun looked up, seeing Myungsoo waving his phone with a smile on.

 

Myungsoo cocked an eyebrow at the girl sitting opposite him, "What! Are you sure she said that?". "Very very sure," Seohyun squinted her eyes at Myungsoo before sipping her cafe latte. "Well, did you ask her about it?" Myungsoo poked her, "Of course not! I got your call and left immediately because I was scared that you'd nag at me for going out so early." Seohyun rolled her eyes before getting a flick to the forehead. She groaned in pain, "You know you're just like a girl best friend, we gossip and stuff, it's perfect." 

"I know, Jung Seohyun. I know." 

"Oh have you heard from Daehyun recently? I have no idea where he disappeared to." 

"You can give him a call you know, don't be dumb,"

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes so hard she could see her brain. "Are you joking? Because this is not funny at all." Seohyun said monotonously. "I'm sorry, I didn't know what she was up to." Yongguk apologised. "This is screwed bro, I can't even anymore." Himchan looked away, sipping from his americano. 

"So basically, my best friend's sister is pregnant with my sister's fiance's child? Indeed, that's screwed." Daehyun cringed as he pictured it himself. "Nut Daehyun, on the bright side, I can have your sister now! Since Minah's gonna marry that manwhore now that she's prego with his kid." Himchan winked as Seohyun hit his back. "Hey! Watch your mouth you , he's my friend okay. He's not a manwhore, maybe that's just a mistake, I made that disgusting mistake too." Himchan moaned in pain as Daehyun glared at the both of you.

"Let's not talk about it anymore, okay? The past is in the past now."

He turned around. "Yah, Kim Himchan, don't even thhink about hitting on my sisters. All of you are s and can't be with my baby sister." He mocked and earned whacks on his head.

 

The pair of siblings separated from their group and were on their way home. "Are you sad?" Daehyun suddenly inquired. "Sad? About what? Not being able to marry Chanyeol?" Daehyun nodded annd nudged Seohyun. "Actually, to be very honest, no." 

"What? Why? Don't you love him?" 

 

"No.. I was actually hoping that I would make Mr and Mrs Park happy by marrying Chanyeol. Chanyeol's father has kidney disease, he has to go for dialaysis everyday and it's really painful for me to hear. I just wanted to make their lives happier, because every minute counts. I don't want them to be like me." 

Daehyun was taken aback. He knew his sister had countless relationship problems, so many tearful nights. He knew it all, that she often cried herself to sleep and such, he just didn't want to bring it up. He didn't want her to know that he was worrying about her. Everytime he scolded her, he would end up being sorry for whhat he did, even though sometimes he might be correct. Daehyun understood that she was going through so much already and he didn't wish to add to her burden.

Sighing, he pulled his little sister's hand and stopped in front of a small ice cream cafe. "Seohyun, can you for once, not think about what other people feel and just be nice to yourself for once? Always, always you've wanted to be genorous and give all you have that you can give to others. You always wanted to reciprocate other people's feelings even though you honestly don't feel the same. I know why clearer than you do. Because you know how painful it is, and you don't want others to get hurt just like you did.

You are so foolish sometimes that you're willing to get hurt yourself rather than have other people's feelings get trashed. That's something not all people have. But please, you deserve so much more baby girl. It hurts me that you can't love who you want to. You know you can't force feelings overnight do you, baby girl?  Love who you want to, how you want to. I won't stop you, you just have to clear things up a bit, alright?" 

Seohyun broke out into a small smile, "As always, you know me better than I do."

"Always remember, I still love you no matter what alright? You will always be my dearest baby sister."

 

 

That night she lied down on her bed, she received an apology text from Chanyeol.

From: Park Chanyeol.

Hey, guess you view me a different way now, don't you? I know you might find me a coward because I have no guts to call you 

and apologise to you, or even find you and apologise face to face. I got drunk in a club in Hawaii and did the wrong thing. 

I guess you can pretty much find out what crap happened. Yura brought her to the doctor and yeah, she's pregnant. I don't 

know what to do now. My parents are so angry and disappointed in me, I'm a failure and this .

 

She got up and leaned against the headboard that creaked a little bit. Sighing, she started typing her reply to him.

From: Jung Seohyun

Hi. You know everyone makes mistakes right? I made that mistake before and I'm in absolutely no position to judge this at all, 

so if you want a huge scolding, go to your sister. I know how much this . You know what you should do? I think we should 

call off the engagement and wedding. Let's not get married. As much as you don't like it, you have to take responsibility because

you're the father, do you understand? Please, please don't abort the child. It's innocent and doesn't deserve to disappear even

before it's born into this beautiful world. You're the father, Minah's the mother. You should marry her instead. Feelings can be

developed, you will end up falling for each other, who knows? I'm pretty sure you want a family, and that the baby wants a family

too, right? This way everybody will be happy, I guess. This is for the best. Please understand. I'll give the engagement ring back

to you if you still want it. Be happy and take care.

Jung Seo Hyun.

 

Placing her phone back on the bedside table, she pulled her covers over herself and closed her eyes shut. Smiling, she decided what to do tomorrow. 

She was going to find her happiness.

 

Byun Baekhyun.


HEY GUYS! Sorry for being so inactive these few months! I was really busy with school. And by busy, I mean busy busy. School is a pain, I have tons of homework not done and I'm staying up late to write this chapter because I know I will be MIA the next few weeks too. My holidays are going to end this week and it so much. 

Hope you've enjoyed this chapter! :)