Chapter 37

Sheer Arrogance

A u t h o r ' s  N o t e ;

Hey lovelys! Sorry for not updating often, my end-of-years exams are so so near!! And my uncle's wedding too >< But thank you all for being so damn patient with me and even commenting on how you thought the story was! I appreciate it, I really do! I've been trying to reply to most of your comments when I could these past few days! I will keep the story alive okays! Don't worry because I've have so many ideas for the past few days :) Ok that's all for now! Enjoy! ^^


 

Seohyun looked at him as if he was a wild species of animal just released from the nearby zoo, "What is wrong with you?" She questioned him with a raised brow while laughing her off, turning around and pushing her sleeves of her beige pullover up. Also, walking away from that weirdo by the door, whom she presumed, was possessed.

I mean, who the hell pressed the doorbell and smirked at you like you're a piece of meat, without saying anything? Only one person would do that, yeah you guessed it, it's the one and only Byun Baekhyun for sure. What is wrong with him, man. Even Kris was getting creeped out by that little guy.

"Damn," was all she heard before a hand grabbed her wrist and spun her around, pushed against the wall. The space between her and Baekhyun was getting terribly small, she could feel them breathing against each other's napes. "What the hell, Baekhyun?" she exclaimed bfore pushing him off her when he was off-guard. "You're no fun at all, I swear." He chuckled at your stupidity and placed a paper bag down on the marble coffee table, which had a pretty floral vase with sunflowers in it. A small smile graced Baekhyun's plump lips as he recognised that were the presents from him a few days ago when they went for a date around the neighbourhood. 

"But I don't know why I still love you more than I love myself. Dang, I used to think that it was impossible for that to happen but you, proved my terribly wrong, baby." Baekhyun couldn't help but embrace her. Seohyun's head rested on his shoulder, inhaling the sweet scent of his colgne. The both of them stayed there for a few seconds, just simply being thankful for each other. "I love you too, Baek." 

"Guys, just cut it." Chen barged in from the front yard and interrupted their sweet moment, earing a glare from Baekhyun. The two pulled apart slowly, shaking their heads. She then went to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water from the fridge. "Yah, have you guys eaten?" "Nope! Do you have food?" Kris asked, "Yeah I have sandwiches, I'll heat them up now for you."

Kyungsoo immediately sprung into action, "Did you ask her?" "I didn't think this was the right time, besides, she looks like a half-dead zombie. Wait, aren't zombies already dead? I thought they-" "Oh my god shut up you loser!" Kyungsoo flicked his forehead. " You just missed a perfectly good chance, you're an idiot!" Kyungsoo pissed isn't a good thing at all, I'm serious. "On a side note, Zombies are dead. Didn't you watch The Walking Dead? I heard Season 5 is coming out in October, dude." Sehun added. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Seohyun then walked in with a plate full of tuna sandwiches, "Keep quiet you guys, Daehyun's been in a super bad moon recently and he won't tell me what happened. I really really don't want him to come barging down like some -crazed maniac." She placed the plate on the coffee table before sitting down on Baekhyun's lap. "What the hell is wrong with him, man?" Chen laughed it off just before hearing footsteps from the stairs. "Very funny, Kim Jongdae." He shot a sarcastic smile at Chen before walking up to Seohyun, mumbling nonsense to her before all colours drained out of her face. "," She grumbled before rushing to the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. Her stomach lurched and Seohyun fell to her knees, not long before she felt bile rising up her oesophagus. 

She didn't feel good about this at all.

Meanwhile at the living room.. 

"Ouch," Yixing chuckled before swallowing the last bit of his sandwich. Kris slung an assuring arm over him after he sat down on the couch. " just got really real, man." Daehyun facepalmed himself. "What's wrong dude?" Kris asked, concerned. Baekhyun's eyebrows were knitted together, "What do you mean? Did something happen?" Baekhyun asked as he set the photoframe of Daehyun and Seohyun's photo taken last summer in London, on the coffee table again. 

"Her ex before Jongin is coming back." 

Baekhyun let out a frustrated groan. "Who is it again, hyung?" Daehyun huffed," You guys wouldn't know, he was from our school before he transfered out. He is a total nightmare I swear. He totally messed up Seohyun." He mockingly said. 

"HE IS NOT! He did not ruin me, I just messed that up. He's really caring and was so nice to me... I left him." Tears were building up in the young girl's eyes. Baekhyun, couldn't bear to see his girl getting upset quickly rushed over and enveloped her in a tight hug, "Shh.. it's okay, it's okay, you have me, okay?" Baekhyun caressed her brown locks, "Okay." 

Just then, her phone started vibrating in her pocket. She pulled away from the hug and dug inside her pocket for her phone. But immediately froze in her place as she stared at the contact at her phone screen. 

"Damn I have a messed up past," she thought to herself before turning around, picking up the call and walking back to her room to answer it privately.

"Ouch." Luhan remarked before Baekhyun hissed at him.


"Hello?" She answered the call. Her fingertips were cold and trembling. She didn't know what happened to him and his friends after that fateful day, the only thing she knows? Is that they disappeared from her life once and for all. He wasn't going to be there anymore. Her heart pounded so hard against her ribcage she thought she was going to faint out of nervousness.

"Seobaby?" His voice. Him. The tingly feeling shot up her spine, as usual. Whenever they made contact, she would always get that tingly feeling in her chest. Everything will feel warm and comfortable whenever he was there with her, but not after that day, unfortunately. She once loved every single part of him, even those parts that weren't all that perfect and presentable. She accepted him as who he was, never disliked him in any way possible. She thought he was perfect, made in heaven just for her. But then again, Daehyun never really accepted him wholeheartedly, detested him to his bones. His jawline, eyes, nose, lips were just the definition of perfect to her, whenever they kissed, she would feel as if she was on cloud nine. And she definitely felt worse then ever when she made them go separate ways, from lovers back to strangers again.

 

"Yeah?" Her soft, delicate voice sounded through the phone. 

 

"I miss you."