Chapter One; Retrospection

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter One; Retrospection [17/08/2013]

Retrospection: a survey of past events or experiences.

The sea of students parted as the nine angels of the school sashayed through. Whispers started going around the crowds, "Have they heard?" "I think they know." "They're going to get ripped off."  The youngest heard the last sentence and shot a deathly glare at the one who spoke. "Say that again and I'll break you neck in two." She hissed, walking to her locker.

Taking out her books, she glared at the girl once again as the poor latter cowards in fear, Seohyun slammed her locker, receiving yelps and gasps from the students around.

"Calm down, Seo." Jessica said, smirking. "You wouldn't want to break down the whole school would you?"

Just before the girl got to reply, one of her fangirls rushed up, she huffed and passed an envelope to the girl before bowing once. "What's this?" Taeyeon remarked, snatching the envelope away from the younger.

She shrugged and allowed Taeyeon to tear it open to read it.

"My dearest dongsaeng,

It's Daehyun oppa here. I received news from the secretary that some boys are going to our school in a few weeks time. Now don't get to excited. Maybe they're just a bunch of idiots who are coming to thrash the school. I'm coming back probably a few days after you get this letter. Don't mess around with them, in any case, I'm saying this in case they come earlier than when I arrive.

Behave yourself. Don't create trouble and don't set the school on fire. Understood?

I'll see you soon then.

From the greatest handsome brother in the whole universe,

Daehyun."

Yoona started laughing hysterically once Taeyeon finished reading the letter. "What? Is he insane or something? Set the school on fire? Greatest handsome brother?" She burst out in laughter once more. "Yeah yeah, go back to your laughing. I'll get to class. Give it back," Seohyun stuck her hand out at Taeyeon.

"Are you kidding me? It's like so long till class you can take a nap. There's still an hour you know." Sunny added before shaking her head. "Shouldn't you be scared? Daehyun's coming back you know." Taeyeon reminded.

Seohyun shook her head. "I'll get going."


Once she stepped into her classroom, she was in deep thought.

Why does Daehyun oppa want me to watch out? Don't mess around with them? Who do they think they are? I'm Seohyun. I can get anything and everything I want, nobody can stop me.

I'm a fallen star from the sky.

She smirked before dumping her bag on the floor. Sighing once more, she flipped through her notes, waiting the professor's arrival.


Soon before she knew it, 2 weeks passed in a blink of an eye.

Drifting through her Dreamland, she slept peacefully until someone barged into her room.

"Baby! It's time to wake up! School starts in fifty!" Daehyun pounced on his sister who seemed to be shocked and annoyed with his actions. "Shut up and get out." She said shortly before pulling her covers up once more. "The time's ticking!" He tapped his feet inpatiently as he crossed his arms, pouting.

"Fine fine, don't forget you owe me 27 000 won for the foods you bought." She said lazily before running her hand through her messy bed hair. Daehyun nodded, "Hurry up Baby. We have to get to school by 8 today." He complained. 

"Why so early?" "Uhh.. Some people.." Daehyun stuttered, rubbing his nape nervously. "What?" "Never mind that. Quickly change into your uniform.I'll be waiting for you downstairs, Baby." He ushered before going out of her room.

Seohyun shivered recalling the times when he called her 'baby', pulling out a new set of uniform, she hurriedly took a bath.

(A/N: I'm not sure how to describe a school uniform to you so here's how it looks.)

She looked through the items on her study table and quickly stuffed her textbooks into her backpack. Slinging it on her right shoulder, she made a dash for the stairs.

"Baby? Are you done yet? We have to hurry! I think Mom and Dad are waiting at school!" He shouted from the living room, walking around panicking. "I'm coming!" She bit her lip. He heaved a sigh of relief as Seohyun walked past him and slipped into her black Converse.


"So, Baby, how was school these few days when I wasn't around?" He asked, eyes still on the road, focused. 'It was normal. Nothing much happened though.' She mumbled as she looked out of the window and admired the view of the streets.

'Really? Good to hear that there's no trouble, kiddo.' He turned and smiled at her.

'That's cause I didn't want you to be worried.'

Daehyun grinned as he stopped at a red light, 'You're a sensible kid you know, baby. Sorry that I haven't been around, I'm really busy with those paper work overseas.'

'Nah, it's okay. Your baby behaved well with her sisters around.' Seohyun giggled as she shook her head.


Once she got out from the car, she quickly fixed her uniform and tie before she bending down. 'Hey, you're wearing a skirt baby. Don't go round and randomly squat you know. I'll do it,' Daehyun shook his head before bending down to tie Seohyun's shoelaces.

'I'll tie your shoelaces whenever, just make sure you fall for the right person.' Daehyun muttered before beaming at you. 'Here, all done. Let's go,' He grabbed Seohyun's hand and pulled her along a corridor before stopping at a door on the far end.

Seohyun swallowed hard, 'Oppa? Did I do anything wrong? Why are we at the principal's office?' Seohyun clutched onto her brother's blue coat nervously. 'Calm down Baby, it's not you. I'm not so sure about it too but it was Mom and Dad that called us here,' He explained, shrugging.

Daehyun knocked on the wooden door before hearing a muffled 'Come in'.

'Umma, Appaoh, annyeonghaseyo." Seohyun saw Daehyun bow halfway before he even finished his sentence. She tiptoed and saw 12 other people in the room with her parents.

'Umma, Appa!~' She squealed before rushing to her parents and hugging them tightly, Daehyun smiled warmly, seeing the heart-warming scene before his eyes. 'I missed you, my daughter.' Her father spoke in a low voice.

'Let's do the catching up later, sit down, my children.' Her mother smiled. 'Why are we needed so early? It's only 7..' Seohyun mumbled to herself as her childish side begin to surface once again.

'See these 12 young men here? They are getting enrolled her and I'm informing you two first. You two hold the rights to this school and you have the authority to do anything you want here. And as for you, my girl... I wouldn't want you to create any touble and my young boy, I hope you'll be good friends with the 12 of them and please, do show them around.' The mother spoke.

'But umma, you know our school..' Seohyun paused, 'has insane students, right? I know this is absurd but it's kind of dangerous. Judging by their looks,' She paused once more and looked at each and every one of the twelve. 'the girls might be crowding around them everyday.' She shrugged.

'She's right, umma. It might be dangerous and they might end up like me last time. If it wasn't for this baby girl, I most probably wouldn't have made it through.' Daehyun chuckled.

The boys shot each other a fearful look.

'So umma, what are we going to do?' Seohyun asked, 'Let's just forget all about these, I'll leave the boys to your care okay? I know you're the only ones I can trust? Don't disappoint me, my dearest baby boy and girl.' Their mother grinned as their father nodded in agreement.

'Here's your time table, boys. It'll show the rooms for your classes, what classes you'll attend and such. Understood? Do ask the teachers or some students around if you need help.' Her father noted before handing them different folders of papers.

 

'I see potential in each and every one of you boys. So I hope you'll do your very best in everything. Be careful and I'll see you around next time.' Seohyun's father implied before walking off with her mother.

 

'All the best and I hope you won't fall into the lioness' den. I hope you'll have the courage to walk through.' Seohyun smirked before walking away, trying to catch up with Daehyun and their parents; leaving the twelve boys dumbfounded.

"Our destiny is within us;

You just have to be

Brave

enough to see it."


Heyyy readers!

Nice to see you ^^ Thanks for reading/subbing/commenting/ upvoting! ^^

I was so scared that there would be bashing! But thank God! There were only praises from the commenters! *^* Saranghaeyo my readers! <3

Sorry if the first chapter . I'm just really tired haha! >_<

How was it so far? XD