Chapter Eleven; Vexatious

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Eleven; Vexatious(06/09/2013)

Vexatious: disorderly; confused; troubled.

Seohyun pushed the door opened as she raised her brow. 'What are you doing?' Her voice echoed through the room followed by the crashing of something. The girl gasped before bending down, trying to clear up the mess that has been created by her.

'I asked what were you doing!' Seohyun hurried over and pushed her away, revealing the shattered photoframe and a family photo. 'No!' Seohyun exclaimed before picking up the shattered photoframe.

Little did the girl know that the photoframe was one of Seohyun's most prized possessions. It was the photoframe that her late Grandfather hand made for her when she was just a little girl, he decided to give it to her when she grows up. But he didn't get to do that. He was sick, very sick and Seohyun was not able to be there by his side at his last moment. Her mother told her everything and that was her Grandfather's last gift to her. She treasured it very much.

'What did you do?! Who gave you permission to step in here?! You should've known this was important to me!' Seohyun asked, raising her voice. 'Why did you do this?...' She asked, voice already cracking as she fell onto the floor, picking up the photo amongst the shattered glass.

'Jagiya!' Kai dashed in and kneeled down beside the sobbing girl before glaring at the female. 'Kim Taeyeon, get out, now. Before I break your neck.' Kai said through clenched teeth as his eyes were fixed on his crying girlfriend.

Taeyeon quickly scurried out.

'What happened? I thought you came in to get fresh clothes?' Kai asked soothingly, holding Seohyun in his arms. Seohyun shifted herself and adjusted to Kai's lap before getting teary again. 'I did! But when I came in, I saw her, holding that.. She smashed it.' Seohyun sobbed.

'That was my Grandpa's last gift to me, my mother said. I wasn't able to be by his side when he passed away, he made this for me when I was a kid. But I guess he couldn't see me grow up and all..' She mumbled, playing with Kai's fingers once again.

'Say, where are you're parents? I haven't seen them in a while and I don't think you've told them about us, huh?' Kai asked as Seohyun laid down a little and faced Kai, he pressed the tip of Seohyun's nose as she wrinkled it.

'Wae? You wanna see your future in-laws?' Seohyun teased. 'Who says I'm going to marry you?' Kai asked, pouting. 'Eh?!' Seohyun got up and faced Kai. 'I'm just joking baby, you're going to be mine and mine only, forever. You got that?' He asked, kissing the tip of her nose.

Seohyun nodded and shot a sweet smile at Kai.


'You what?! Yah! How could you?!' Daehyun almost puleld his hair out listening to Seohyun speak. 'Yah! It's not me! It's that freaking Kim Taeyeon! She came in here without permission!' Seohyun protested. 'Watch your language! Don't blame others if you don't think twice on your own actions too!' Daehyun scolded once again.

'How in the world is it my fault! You were the one that let her in! Hey, how can you even do this to me?! Don't tell me you like her.' Seohyun asked him, glaring at him.

'You should reflect on yourself. That was Grandpa's last gift to you. You should've known how much he wanted you to be there.. even at his last moments, he was looking at the door, hoping that you would run in anytime. But you didn't.'

Daehyun left just like that, leaving Seohyun in her bedroom. She didn't know how to feel; to cry or to be angry.

She ran her fingers through her hair before pulling out her uniform and taking a bath.

~~~

Tying her hair into a messy ponytail, she slipped into her shoes and grabbed her wallet, phone in the process.

Baby Boy

Jongin-ah, I'll go to school on my own today.

You can sleep a little while longer.

I'll see you in school today, okay?

                     XOXO, Your Seohyunnie.

Seohyun hesitated a few moments before pressing the 'send' button, she hastily walked out of her apartment, pouting. 'I won't be walking to school with Jongin..' She mumbled before taking in a deep breath, continuing her journey to school.

~~~

'Oh! Seohyun-ah!' Yoona hollered from along the hallways. All the students had their eyes on Seohyun, all gossiping when they didn't see Kai together with her.

'Did they fight? Or maybe even break up?'

'Does that mean.. I have a chance with Kai?'

'Did Kai dump her? Or is it the other way round?''

'Baekhyun oppa already doesn't want her, will she be even more pitiful if Kai dumps her as well?'

Needless to say, Seohyun glared at the one who spoke the last sentence.

Seohyun glanced at Yoona and the rest of her sisters and the boys before sighing and walking towards them. 'Good morning, our maknae! How was your morning? Where's Jongin?' Sooyoung greeted as Seohyun shot her a sad smile.

'I think he's still at home.' Seohyun mumbled before sighing. 'Oh? Kai's just over there.' Lay said, pointing behind Seohyun. 'I came alone though..' Seohyun whispered as she saw Kai with an irritated face.

'You, come with me, now.' Kai pointed at Seohyun as Seohyun pointed to herself with a confused look on her face. 'Yes, you. Let's go.' Kai said, pulling Seohyun away from the crowd.

~~~

Kai let go of Seohyun's hand as the two sat down on the wooden bench in the garden behind the school. 'Why didn't you wait for me?' Kai asked her seriously. 'I don't know. I think I just need some time alone..' Seohyun sighed.

'What happened?' 'Daehyun's mad at me for breaking the photoframe.' Seohyun said, biting her lip nervously. 'What? It's not your fault!' He exclaimed, 'He doesn't want to hear any explanation and he thinks I'm irresponsible.' Seohyun muttered once again.

Kai's mouth was wide opened. 'How can he say that? It's okay.. You still have me. I won't leave you.' He said sweetly as he enveloped Seohyun in a hug.


Daehyun Oppa

Mummy and Daddy are coming back from Europe later today,

you're so dead if they know you broke that photo frame.

Bring all your friends, Mummy say she has something to

announce.

                                          Daehyun.

Seohyun scoffed at Daehyun's indirect mockery. 'My parents ask all of you over for dinner tonight.' Seohyun said, sending back a quick reply to Daehyun. 'Oh! They came back?' Chanyeol asked excitedly. 'From Europe at about 5pm later.. So they ask all of you to go cause she's going to say something, I guess cause that's what the text from that idiot says.' Seohyun said quickly.

'Who's the idiot?' Kris asked curiously, sipping his coffee. 'Jung Dae Hyun.' She emphasized every word as she placed her utensils down. 'Argh, talking about that bastard made me lose my appetite.' She stood and threw her lunch away before sitting down again.

'I'll talk to him, keep your calm yo!' Sooyoung tried to liven up the atmosphere.

Seohyun faked a smile and thanked her.

'So.. I'll see you guys after school outside the gate. See you all.' She said shortly and left.

Kai chased and caught up with her. 'I can't wait to see your parents, jagi~' He cooed. 'I bet they can't wait to see you too.' Seohyun said, winking at him.


'Umma? Appa?' Seohyun called out as she kicked off her shoes.

She was back early with Daehyun since the others wanted to buy something for your parents before coming back, especially Kai.

'Daehyun-ah! Seohyun-ah! Aigoo!' Mrs Jung ran forward and embraced her children. 'It's been such a long time since we last met each other! Omonahh you've grown so much my daughter!' She exclaimed. 'Aigoo, Daedae-ah! You've grown so handsome! Umma's so proud of you two! How's the school doing? Is she creating trouble again?'Mrs Jung crossed her arms and joked.

'Umma!' 'Nahh, she's being a good dongsaeng nowadays.' Daehyun chuckled.

'Good to hear then, now, before all your friends come back, I have something to say to the both of you.' Mr Jung spoke in a serious tone.

Seohyun looked at her mother fearfully, but Mrs Jung just nodded and smile warmly at them, gesturing for her children to sit down.

'Now.. You two know that our company is growing much, right?' Mr Jung asked. Daehyun and Seohyun nodded. 'Now, we've already completed what we had to. Our company's in the top 5 ones of the whole world now. Remember Jungsoo Ahjussi when you two were young?' Mrs Jung asked.

'Yes, I do. Park Jungsoo Ahjussi. The one who always gave me the watermelon flavored lollipop when I was a little kid back then.' Seohyun said sheepishly.

'Yes, we've made an agreement almost 21 years ago, even before you were born.'

'What agreement..?' Daehyun asked suspiciously.

'If I had a daughter, and they had a son around your age, you two would get married.' Mrs Jung muttered relunctantly.

'What?!' Seohyun gasped. 'I'm sorry, my daughter.. But you don't have any boyfriends now do you?' Mr Jung whispered.

Right.. They don't know about Kai and Seohyun's relationship.

'Why isn't it Daehyun? I'm not the older one here.' She asked, 'Daehyun.. Isn't suitable for this.' 'Well then what makes you think I am?!' Seohyun almost died shouting.

'You're younger, which means you have a lesder experience in relationships. You're a better variable for this.'

'One question. So am I or even Daehyun brought to this world just to play your meaningless game in exchange for fame and money?' Seohyun asked on the verge of tears.

'Absolutely not, my dear! Omo, please don't think this way.' Mrs Jung was also b with tears.

'You have to marry the boy. Just to let your brother get the inheritance.' Mr Jung said seriously.

'Money for your own daughter. I'm impressed.' Seohyun said through clenched teeth once again. 'Please don't think that way, my daughter.'

'How can I not when it's like this?! I can't believe you're doing this to me! I've already tried very hard to please you and meet your expectations! But I guess it's not enough.' Seohyun scoffed.

'I had no choice, your brother has to continue his studies.'


'I really hate you, Jung Daehyun!' Seohyun threw a pillow at Daehyun but he caught it just in time.

'Whoa baby, what's wrong?'

Seohyun grunted as she paced around the room.

'What's wrong you ask? All because of you! I'm going to get married! I didn't know! To someone I don't know! And I'm only eighteen!'

Daehyun cursed under his breath, What am I going to do? He lied down on the bed and stared at the ceiling, searching for something good to say.

'I've found a beautiful dress -'

'Don't you dare to change the topic, Jung Daehyun.' Seohyun threatened him.

He was guilty that he had to sacrifice his baby sister for this inhumane trade for his inheritance to his sister's future and happiness.

'I'm sorry. I really can't do anything about it. Maybe I can try to persuade them from this, okay? Don't give up on hope yet, anythign might happen and-'

'Does that mean, I'll have to stop going out with Jongin?'

'I'm afraid so, baby.' Daehyun mumbled.

'No.. Daehyun...' She started to cry.

The latter shot up from the bed because of the guilt in his heart. He wasn't helping her at all. He should've give comforting words instead of all these.

'Oh god. Seohyun-ah, don't cry, please.' He bit his lip in nervousness as he waited for his 'baby' to say something.

'I hate you.'

'Alright. You can hate me all you want but please don't cry. I'll get you anything you want, teddy bears, gorillas whatever you want, but please stop crying.' Daehyun knelt on the floor.

'I can't lose Jongin, he's my everything. What should I do? Daehyun...' She started to cry again.

'Oh god no.. Please don't cry. I'll do something about it. Let's just see who is the person you're arranged to get married with first, okay? Don't think about it too much and just eat dinner with your friends and family tonight, okay?' Daehyun comforted the younger once, hugging her tightly.

'Okay.. Daehyun?' 

'Yes?' His voice came out in a soft, heart-warming tone.

'I love you.'