Chapter Five; Indestructible

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Five; Indestructible (22/08/2013)

Indestructible: not destructible; cannot be destroyed.

'Kai...'

Seohyun couldn't believe her eyes. The whole ward was silent and all heard was just the beeping of the machines. 'Seohyun-sshi, you're finally here...' Kyungsoo managed to say. 'I'm so sorry.' Was all she was able to say.

'It's not your fault, please don't say that.' Kyungsoo added, giving her a slight smile. 'The doctor says he's probably just currently unconscious. He's just malnourished. But then Kyungsoo was worried so he called for an ambulance...' Chanyeol spoke in his deep voice then glanced over at the clock.

'Seohyun-sshi, do you mind looking over Kai until we come back? We have to get going.. We have extra English classes.' Sehun muttered under his breath. 'Sure. I'll be free for the whole weekend if you need me.' Seohyun smiled at them.

They bowed, 'Thank you so much. We'll be back right away.' Kyungsoo thanked once more.

'Bye, Princess.' Yixing grinned at her before closing the door behind him.

Seohyun dumped her bag on the floor before sitting down beside Kai's bed.

She held Kai's hand in hers,

"Jongin-ah.. I have nothing to say, really. Although they all say it's not my fault, I still feel some guilt. For ignoring you, showing you the skinship times I shared with Yixing. I should've known. You're a stupid dongsaeng you know. Thanks for being by my side when I needed you, Jongin-ah. It's really means a lot to me. As you know.. Being the arrogant person I am, no one dares to even step closer and make friends with me. I only have you, Daehyun and my unnies. How lonely is that?

You're a lucky boy, Jongin-ah. You have your hyungs, and us. Other girls are crowding around you too. You must be flattered aren't you? Keep that up my boy, the only way you can is to eat more! You're getting so skinny I can feel your bones already.

Or do you want noona to prepare bentos for you everyday?

I'll do that if that's the only way to let you eat something.

Thank you, Jongin-ah."


'Omo. Look at those two.' Kyungsoo gasped as he pointed to Seohyun who had fallen asleep on Kai's bedside. Yixing walked up and lightly shook Seohyun, 'Princess, time to wake up.'

Seohyun yawned as she stood up and checked the time. 'It's 5:30 now.' Sehun said, smiling at her. 'Ahh, I should get going.' She answered as she picked up her bag from the floor. 'Thanks for looking after Kai. I appreciate it a lot, Princess.' Yixing thanked.

She sighed upon hearing Yixing's lame nickname for her, 'You're welcomed. See you guys soon.' She was about to walk out when the door suddenly opened.

'Hyung—' The room fell into silence once more. 'Hi..' Suho bowed slightly before Seohyun and Baekhyun's eyes locked. Baekhyun glared at Seohyun and pierced through her soul.

All she wanted to do was just run away and cry herself to death.

Out of guilt.

'Why is she here?' Baekhyun asked. 'Hyung, I asked her over. Would you stop glaring?' Sehun asked, irritated by his friend's stupid behavior. 'No, it's okay. It's my fault. Sorry. I shouldn't have came. I'll get going. See you in school.' Seohyun apologized before she swiftly walked past Baekhyun and out of the door.

Kris sighed. 'Byun Baekhyun. What's is wrong with you? She's just trying to help and there you are! Giving that stupid attitude. If you're really going to continue with this I'm going to really get fed up.' He spoke in a serious tone.

'Not you too.' Was all Baekhyun said, 'What's wrong with me? It's all you! That girl is just plain arrogant.' Baekhyun mocked.

'What did you say about her?' Lay asked menancingly as he walked over. 'I said she is just plain arrogant.' Baekhyun repeated, glaring at Lay.

Baekhyun then received a punch in his face.

'Say that again and that won't be just what I'll do to your pretty face.' Lay glared at him once more before slamming the door shut.

'You should think about it and apologize, hyung.' Sehun mumbled to Baekhyun before sighing.


Sipping on the bubble tea she bought not far away from the hospital, she bit her lip unconsciously.

'Does he hate me that much?' Seohyun asked herself, devastated by the fact that laid right in front of her eyes. 'Why? I'm not bad. Maybe I'm just—' She sighed. 'Oh right. I forgot. I'm the famous arrogant queenka that no one likes. Maybe that's why.' She sulked and threw the cup into the bin beside her.

Sighing, she felt water on her face. She wasn't crying. It was raining. 'Oh great. How much worse can this get?' She sighed once more as she tried to shelter herself with the handbag and ran for a shelter.

'Aigoo.' She sulked as she searched her bag for an umbrella, 'Don't tell me I didn't bring it.. Dang it.' She huffed as she closed her bag defeatedly. 'Here,' Some one's hand reached out and passed her a bright yellow umbrella.

She turned around and saw Yixing with his smile on. 'Here you go. I've known you since little. You have the same memory problem like me.' He said before he chuckled. 'Thanks..' She mumbled. 'Do you want me to walk you home?' He asked with a grin plastered on his face.

'It'll be a trouble. I'll just walk home myself—' 'No, I'll send you. What if you slip or something? Let's go.' He nagged as he opened the umbrella and grabbed her hand. 'It's been a long time since we last did this. I remember when we were in kindergarten! It was raining and you opened your teddy bear umbrella and walked the both of us home. It was so cute.' He mumbled, grinning once more.

Seohyun, too, smiled at him reminiscing the happy moments they shared when they were young.

'Can I ask you something?' She asked, Lay nodded. 'Is Baekhyun always like that? He's so cold..' Lay nodded again. 'He's like that everytime, no matter who he talks to. Even to us, he behaves like that. There's only one person that will make him cheerful..—' 'Who is it?' Seohyun couldn't help but ask.

'I'm not sure. It's his ex girlfriend. They have had a very saddening breakup.' 'Care to share? It's still a long walk away from my apartment and I'm not even sure how did I manage to ran all the way to the hospital.' Seohyun giggled.

'Sure. Well.. I guess it all started when Baekhyun was attending his perfect dream school, Seoul Arts High. If you've noticed, Baekhyun's voice is very luring, right? He has an awesome voice, he sings very well. This was how he got in there, everything seemed perfect when he got a girlfriend. They spent almost everyday together. EXO treated her like a sister and we got along so well that we were bonded like a family.'

Seohyun got jealous of that girl.

'It was about a year or two after that, the girl suddenly called for a break up and of course, Baekkie was at lost, he cried for many days. It was until one day that he knew the girl got cancer... Through Kris. When Baekhyun rushed to the hospital, she was already dead...' Lay whispered the last part.

Seohyun was shocked. She finally knew the reason why Baekhyun was so cold. 'I hope he can open up soon... I want to know him better.. But why does he dislike me so much?' Seohyun said the last part so softly that Lay couldn't hear her.

'We're finally here!' Yixing cheered like a child. 'You're still childish as ever.' She mumbled.

'See you in school!' Yixing bid her goodbye as she opened the door and walked in.

'I'm home.' She spoke, 'Oh! How's Kai?' Jessica asked, 'Fine.' Seohyun replied shortly.

She threw her bag in a random corner of the room and sighed before collapsing onto her big bed.

 

 

 

'Why does he dislike me so much? Did I do anything wrong? I'm really trying my best to be nice.. But if they don't appreciate it. I think I'll just go back to the cold side of me. I'm sorry but I've really tried my utmost best to be a nice and petite girl but I don't think this is going to work.'