Chapter Thirty Two

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Thirty Two

Written; 14/12/2013

 

The clique watched as Seohyun sauntered over to the table, sitting down with a smile on her face. 'Morning!' She chirped happily as the rest just looked at her awkwardly. 'Hey..' Sehun broke the silence and replied her. 'What's wrong? Why the sulky faces?' She asked, hiding the pain away as much as she could.

'Haven't you hea— OW!' Chanyeol was cut off by Kris, who secretly gave him a kick to his shin just before he could finish his sentence, they all thought Seohyun didn't know about that. Baekhyun and Chanyeol just stared at her, giving each other looks.

You're such a bad liar, Jung Seohyun.


 

She waved goodbye to her friends as a sigh was heard from her. She headed to her library, grimacing at the thought of what would happen later. To her surprise, Kai arrived much earlier than she did. He was already sitting there and was immensed in the book he was reading. 'I've finished the part on greenhouse effects, it's your turn to do it.' Seohyun's voice snapped him out of his trance. 'Huh? Oh.' He replied nonchalantly as he sat up a little.

'You can either finish it off by yourself and pass me the thumbdrive and I'll transfer it over to the powerpoint. Or you can just do it on my laptop. But if you're too busy doing other things, I can do everything by myself, I'll just pass the information to you and we can just get ready to present it.' Seohyun said in one go, making Kai more confused as he already is.

Seohyun said other things, she was actually referring to Taeyeon. Little did he know that Seohyun caught him reading that pregnancy book.

So I guess it's true.

This whole day, she had just kept her cheerful face on. Kind of telling others she was dumb and oblivious to the whole situation Kai was in. As much as she hated it, she didn't want to keep her feelings all bottled up inside, she also didn't want her friends to be worrying over her over this stupid, idiotic trival matter that .

She had realized that she had been relying way to much on her friend, and she knows she used to exaggerate over every little thing, she was being mean to everyone around her. It seemed as if the cold walls around her heart haven't broke down, she was still refusing to accept love from the others.

'It's okay, I can do it. Just pass me your laptop and I'll finish it by today.' Kai snapped her out of her confusing thoughts.


 

She had been observing the boy so closely, she noticed that his tan skin seemed y on him, he had really strong features, unlike other people. He was really good looking. But today, something was different from the normal Kai she knew, he looked very tired. It was like something was bothering him and he looked.. dead.

'What's up with him.. He looks lifeless.' You raised your eyebrows and asked yourself softly.

'Seohyun-ah, I'll do up to here, can I continue some other time?' Kai asked as fatigue overwhelmed him, Seohyun knew he was tired and needed rest. Without hesitating even a little bit, she nodded. 'Yeah, sure. Let's continue tomorrow.' Kai was taken aback by her soft side, he thought she would harshly ask him to continue.

Seohyun just packed her things as Kai shut down her laptop and handed it to her, she was about to leave when Kai stopped her. 'Can you stay for a little bit? I want to talk to you.' His voice cracked a little as Seohyun mentally scoffed.

'There's nothing to talk about between us, you should just go back to Taeyeon. Since you left me for her. I was so stupid, I thought we could last a lifetime. But I guess, it was all just a dream, isn't it?' She smiled bitterly. 'I trusted you so much, and you just threw me away like that, was that what you wanted in the first place?' Seohyun just laughed slightly at her foolish self. 'Why am I telling you this, stupid.' She scolded herself as she bit back her tears.

'I'm sorry.' He mumbled, just enough for you to hear. 'Where are you going?' He then asked, 'T-to somewhere else,' She stated. 'Where, exactly?' 'Why do you want to know?' She asked curiously. 'Can I go too?' 'It's up to you,' Seohyun said shortly before the two headed for a nearby cafe.

Kai had his hands in his pockets as he walked coolly along the streets behind Seohyun who had her earbuds in her ear, listening to her iPod.

Kai took it as a sign that they had reached the place she wanted to go when Seohyun took off her earbuds, he glanced around and the huge and elegant cafe beside made him smirked, 'Is she hungry or something?'

'You can sit here and go whenever you want or whatever you wanna do, I don't care. Just, don't bother me.' Seohyun said swiftly as Kai just raised a brow and looked at her. She swiftly walked into the entrance for exployees. 'Wait.. what?' He asked himself as he took a seat by the side of the window. 'She's working here?' He asked before Seohyun came out, her hair in a ponytail, wearing a white blouse with a pleated skirt which was extremely short in Kai's view.

He was kind of fascinated, seeing Seohyun actually working to earn money. 


 

Seohyun went back to an empty home, no one was there. Not her parents, not her friends, not even Daehyun. Loneliness was eating her from inside and she didn't like it, not even a little bit. Sighing, she quickly took a bath, cooked ramyun and finished it instantly. She then decided to finish up Kai's part of the project, since he looked so down and haggard.

It took her a whole 4 hours to finish just his part of his project, she still had to edit some parts of the pwoer point to make it perfect. It was already dawn when she finished the power point, she didn't get any sleep at all, sadly.

She washed up and ate breakfast, not forgetting to take on of the painkillers to lessen the pain of her headache. With that, she trudged to school wearily.

'Noona?' Sehun could nearly not recognize her, she looked— messed up. The first thing she did when she sat down on the bench in the cafeteria, was to lay her head down and sleep. 'Noona?' Sehun asked again out of worry. 'Yeah.. What's up, Sehun-ah?' She asked, her eyes not opening at all.

'Why do you look so tired?' Kyungsoo asked, taking a sip of his orange juice. 'I didn't get to sleep yesterday.' She mumbled and continued her light slumber. 'Because of the project?' Baekhyun asked before she gave a muffled 'mhm'.

'Didn't Kai help you do it?' Baekhyun asked again, 'Nahh, he had to leave early yesterday. I could tell he wasn't feeling well.' She muttered,her eyelids dropping once again. Unknown to everyone, Baekhyun rolled his eyes, 'She's too caring for her own sake,' He thought.

It was not long before the first bell rang, Seohyun groaned as she sighed, heading to class with a pout on her face.

As usual, she sat down beside Kai, but shifted a little away from his desk. Mentally, she watched as the teacher sashayed in with a smug look on her face, she raised a brow, wondering what was up with her.

'Good morning class! I'm here to tell you that the due date for your Science project has been brought back, we're having our annual Winter Showcase in SM High. As you all know, this school that you're studying in, is one of the most prestigious High Schools in the whole of Korea, no, Asia. And only the talented people make it into here, so this year's Winter Showcase is a big thing for our school, I wouldn't want you all to mess it up. Only people who qualifies to perform, get to do so in the showcase. I want you all to start practising for the showcase. It's only two weeks from now.' The teacher explained thoroughly.

Some students raised their hands and asked some questions while Seohyun just stared out the window and watched the snow fall, totally uninterested in the topic of the showcase. 'Students along the same level will get to perform, but only some students picked out from each class.' The teacher proceeded into taking a clipboard out.

'Here's the list of students who are going to perform in the Winter Showcase; Zhang Yixing, Park Chanyeol, Huang Zitao, Kim Jongin, Kim Jonghyun, Kim Kibum, Lee Joon, Lee Kikwang, Yoon Doojoon, Song Jieun, Han Sunhwa, Bang Minah, Park Sunyoung, Jung Seohyun.'

Seohyun's ears perked up as she heard her name being mentioned, she raised her hand immediately, 'Teacher! Can I not participate in the showcase?' She asked with her poker face still on, 'You can, but let me tell you something, it's a once in a lifetime experience, if you're to get scouted by any entertainment companies, this can be something useful, so decide further and tell me what's your decision by this afternoon, okay?' The teacher advised and grinned.

Whispers went around the classroom and she just frowned, 'Maybe I should give it a try,' She thought to herself just before the teacher broke her train of thoughts. 'Class! It's free time from now on, those who aren't chosen to do the showcase, you can do up your project, whilst those who are chosen, you can think up something for your performance.' She paused.

'And for the performers, the theme for this year's Winter Showcase is 'ballads', this weather gives off a bitter-sweet feeling, doesn't it? It's a great timing to get all your devastation out and transform them into brain juices, think up a storyline to write for a song that you can perform. As long as it's a ballad, everything else is okay. You can choose to just stand and sing or maybe an instrument can accompany the singing. Writing songs is a unique thing, you must keep it personal, and throw in everything, throw in all your feelings. The song has to come alive! Now, I don't want anyone to seek help from anybody, do you all understand?'

Seohyun just rolled her eyes and nodded along with the other students, waiting for the lunch bell to ring.


 

'Hey! Have you guys heard about the showcase?' Chen asked the first thing he saw everyone sit down, well, except for Kai and Taeyeon of course. Everyone nodded, 'I got chosen!' Everyone said together at almost a same time, 'Seohyun? Did you?' Tiffany asked with her usual eye smile on. 'How could I have not?' Seohyun smirked and said.

'Taeyeon got in too,' Jessica cringed a little and said. 'So did Kai.' Chanyeol shook his head and said. 'So what are you guys thinking of doing?' Hyoyeon asked. 'I'm going to sing with Jongdae and Luhan.' Baekhyun stated proudly. 'I'm going to do a cover of Billionaire with Chanyeol.' Kyungsoo exclaimed so excitedly.

'I'm dancing with Sehun,' Yixing said, 'Tao and I are doing a rap-song thing,' Kris explain awkwardly. 'Minseok hyung and I.. I guess we're singing.' Joonmyun nudged the boy beside him cheekily, 'What about you girls?'

'I guess most of us are going solo.' Yoona scoffed. 'Yeah, well, at least I am.' Seohyun mumbled nonchalantly. Jessica, Tiffany, Hyoyeon nodded along. 'Well the rest of us.. I guess we're gonna sing.' The rest shrugged.

Just a few minutes after they mentioned Taeyeon and Kai's name, they appeared.

'Well, speak of the devil.' Sehun rolled his eyes and muttered. 'Hi guys! Long time no see! Have you guys gotten in?' She chirped, fakely. 'Well, yeah we did and it's none of your business you know.' Yuri spat in her face. 'Oh well, she got in too?' Taeyeon pointed at Seohyun who was taking a short nap on the table, trying to catch some sleep before going back to class.

Well, let's just say she's unfortunate and Seohyun caught her talking crap about her. She was of course, fuming mad at this idiotic person that had to keep irritating her.

'Yah!' Seohyun stood up, slamming her hand on the table as gasps were heard all around the cafeteria. 'Kim Taeyeon, are you praying for an early death? Or what?' Seohyun asked as she glared at her menacingly. 'Nah, I was just wondering if you had the talent to be able to perform in the showcase.' Taeyeon spat.

'What did you say? As if you have to talent to do anything? Well, you just have the talent to steal other people's— no, your best friend' boyfriend, first love. Yeah, well, you're good at that aren't you?' Seohyun smirked, tossing the milk carton into the trash can.

Taeyeon just glared at her with an unreadable expression, her clenched fists still shaking uncontrollably. 'Taeyeon-ah, let's go, it's useless talking to these people.' Kai mumbled but Seohyun and the rest heard it.

'Excuse me? Yah! Kim Jongin, we used to be best buddies! What does this mean?' Kyungsoo's outburst shocked everyone. 'Talking to us is useless?! Please! You know how many people in the school would die to even get a simple greeting from either of us? You two are trash!' Kyungsoo continued. Kai's eyes widened, he never knew Kyungsoo would talk this way to him, about him.

He knew Kyungsoo was disappointed in him, but never to this level, right?

Wrong.

Kyungsoo was more disappointed than he imagined, he never thought Kai would do this to Seohyun. It was practically unimaginable. 

'Omonah! Baekhyun-sshi! Seohyun unnie just fainted!' A sharp voice pierced through the moment of silence in the cafeteria. Baekhyun wasted no time, he got out of his seat and rushed to Seohyun's side. 'Seohyun-ah, Seohyun-ah! Wake up, yah!' He shook Seohyun vigorously.

'C-call the ambulance! Someone!' He cried out desperately as Chanyeol snapped out of his trance, he whipped out his phone and called the ambulance, 'I got it!' He yelled before mumbling a silent prayer for Seohyun.

~~~

Seohyun shook her head as she saw the commotion going on between Kyungsoo and the two people. People have of course, gathered around the cafeteria to watch what was going on. She just needed silence, a few moments to clear her mind. Besides, her headache was acting up again, and this time, it was really, the definition of excruciating pain.

She ran to the bathroom and threw up everything she had for breakfast and her lunch just a few minutes ago. She felt yucky, her head was spinning and her whole body felt as if it was on fire. Her vision started to get blurry and she couldn't stand up properly.

Supporting herself against the basin, she splashed water against her face and blinked continously before feeling faint again. She got herself out of t he bathroom and walked towards the table until the pain came back, no, worsened.

That was all she remembered, before she out.