chapter 41 ; new addition?

Sheer Arrogance

She slowly opened her eyes, just to be blinded by the sunshine streaming in from the pale white curtains of Woohyun's room. Wait, Woohyun's room? Her cheeks immediately reddened upon remembering last night's steaming events. Looking at the still sleeping Woohyun, she examined his face. The sharp jawline and nose, the long lashes. Her large, shining eyes trailed lower to his toned chest and her cheeks immediately reddened again, remembering last night when she felt his toned body with her hands, talking dirty to him. 

But she kept hearing Baekhyun's voice in her head, she just couldn't get it out. 

Tears formed, I shouldn't have done this, what have I done to myself?

Woohyun stirred a little and woke up to the soft sobbing of his love, he rubbed his eyes quickly and pulled her into a hug. His heart shattered, feeling her warm tears against his bare shoulder. He felt numb. Upon the realization that she loved Baekhyun, and not him. Woohyun was empty, "I'm sorry I did that to you, I just couldn't control myself. I was too in love, still in love. I'm so so sorry," He sighed as tears welled at his eye rims, feeling sorry for the younger one, feeling sorry for her that she had to do this with him. "I'll explain to Daehyun and Baekhyun, you'll be alright." He assured her, before picking up his clothes from the floor and dressing himself. 

"I'll get you some spare clothes you left her last time, cause I ripped yours last night. I'm sorry." He said in embarrassment and turned away. "It's not your fault, stop saying sorry, okay?" She smiled lightly at him, the tears in her eyes still evident. 


The door clicked open and all eyes shot to the door, seeing a tired Seohyun trudge in after shutting the door. "Where were you all night?" Baekhyun asked, pulling her wrist back and stopping her from going into her room. "I don't need to tell you," She mumbled before pulling her hand away from his. "But you do have to tell me, I'm your brother." Daehyun appeared from the kitchen and said. "Tell me now." His tone was firm and strong but Seohyun couldn't care less to lie to him. 

"I was at Woohyun's." 

"What? The entire night?" Daehyun asked in disbelief, nearly dropping his coffee on the white carpet.

She nodded curtly before retreating to her bedroom, just before Daehyun could say a word to her. Sighing was the only thing she could do as she plopped herself onto the bed. Just as she was about to tuck herself in and have a good rest, her phone rang. Grumbling a string of curses, she reached out to her phone by the bedside table and noticed that it was a text message from Woohyun, her heart fluttered.

Are you home safely? Did you tell them about yesterday?..

It's okay either ways, I will get you through this, I promise. 

2.37PM from Woohyun Oppa

His care and love never failed to put a smile on her face, even though it might be a ruined day. Like it is now — "Jung Seohyun! Get your down here right now! Or else I'm going to tell mum & dad!" Daehyun hollered from downstairs before she rolled her eyes impatiently at her brother's stupidity. 

"What do you want again?" She asked, uninterested. "Explain. Now."

Seohyun looked at him like he was some stupid beggar off the streets of Seoul. "Isn't it clear enough? I told you I spent the night there, obviously. With Woohyun, all night long." She smirked as her devilish side surfaced unknowingly.


"This is heavenly." Jongdae held his salmon sushi high up in the air, "Hey, don't you want to eat?" Tiffany asked, passing Seohyun a sushi. "Uh no thanks, Unnie can you get that away from me." Seohyun politely rejected, pushing Tiffany's hand away. "Are you sick?" Tiffany asked, concerned, placing a hand on her forehead. Seohyun breathed in and out, trying to calm herself down from the thoughts running around in her mind. "I'm fine, just a little bit nauseous, it's okay." Tiffany looked at her weirdly and sighed, pushing a sushi into Seohyun's mouth, "Then you should eat!" Seohyun forcefully swallowed it. Her stomach lurched, immediately, she ran to the nearest girls' bathroom and emptied out the contents of her stomach in the early morning sunshine.

 

"What?" Tiffany still couldn't grasp the situation until Seohyun staggered out of the bathroom weakly, "I'll get her to the nurse," Baekhyun assured the rest and carried her in his muscular arms, bringing her to the hurse's room. 

"Oh, what happened?" Miss Lee, the nurse asked frantically, pulling out the bedsheets to allow Baekhyun to place Seohyun on the bed. She examined Seohyun's pale face that had sweat droplets running down profusely. "She puked just now after she ate a salmon sushi." Baekhyun answered curtly, clearly still angry at Seohyun. 

"Oh dear," she swallowed, "Baekhyun-sshi, you can leave now. Please inform the teacher that Seohyun-sshi isn't going to be able to attend lessons today because she's not feeling well. I'll get her family to fetch her back home." Baekhyun nodded quickly and left. Miss Lee then stood up, sighing as Seohyun tried to get up. She then handed Seohyun something after taking it out from her drawers beside the desk. It was a pregnancy test kit. "—what?" Seohyun was confused. 

Nurse Lee puffed her cheeks and sat down on the bed beside Seohyun. "My dear, I think you're pregnant." Seohyun was stunned, how was it possible for her to be pregnant when she didn't even— Woohyun. "Oh." Her reply came short, not exactly the definition of happiness, neither was it disappointment. It was more like something in between and she didn't know what to feel at all. 


Her delicate fingers tapped against the wooden table of the café as she waited for him to arrive any time soon.

She took the test and everything pointed to the exact same thing. 

Truth was, she was indeed pregnant. And it's been two weeks.

"Seohyun!" His warm voice broke her out of her train of thoughts, causing her to smile back at him as he sat down on the seat opposite hers. "How are you? I wanted to ask you out soon but I thought you were busy!" Woohyun pouted cutely at Seohyun, making her giggle. "Oppa, I have something to tell you actually.. That's why I had to ask you out.." 

"I'm all ears," His smile made her want to say it even quicker. But a part of her hesitated because she was afraid he'll not be responsible for what he did and leave her to face this alone. Nonetheless, she has to do what she's got to do.

 

"Woohyun, you're gonna be a father." 

 

Woohyun was shcocked at first, unable to believe what she just said. But soon enough, his eyes were clouded with bliss and all he thought was a happy family he could finally have. He quickly got out of his seat and embraced Seohyun sweetly, feeling her stomach for a bit. "Thank you, thank you so much." He whispered into Seohyun's ears as wide smiles spread onto their faces. 

 

"I'll take responsibility of what I did, I'll be more than willing to, because I love you more than anything else, other that that little guy inside there." He chuckled, caressing Seohyun's stomach with love in his eyes. 

It was pure bliss.