Chapter Twenty Three

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Three (28/10/2012)

Baekhyun's face paled as Chanyeol shouted out loudly. 

Minjung pulled out the knife, dropping it onto the ground, her jaws wide open.

'W-what did I just do? I-I'm so sorry!' She apologized before Seohyun fell onto the ground, her hand tightly compressing her injured and bleeding abdoment. 'Seohyun-ah!' Baekhyun was flustered, he didn't know what to do right at that moment. 

They couldn't move. They couldn't do anything at all, but watch. 

The tip of the knife which was now lying on the ground was glistering with Seohyun's fresh, crimson blood. The dull aching seemed to burn, spreading from her chest to every particle of her body. It was like she was on fire. She looked down at the gaping wound now oozing blood, her eyes wide and fearful. she had not been prepared for this. Her throat seemed to tighten, making it impossible to let out any noise. She couldn't even scream. 

She just compressed it to prevent less blood from being lost.

Chanyeol had tears in his eyes, he kept struggling, hoping to get free while Baekhyun was still shocked, staring at the scene set in front of his eyes. 'Seohyun-ah! Hang in there! I'm gonna go get you!' Chanyeol cried out desperately. 

Blood was oozing out of the open wound profusely, the pain was excruciating, resulting in the uneven breaths she was having that moment.

'Baekhyun! Chanyeol!' Kris's voice was heard before their heads all perked up at the direction of the source.

Minjung fled, leaving behind her henchmen, engaged in a fight with Kris and his kids. 'Stupid Tao! Come get me out of here!' Chanyeol threw a glare at Tao before he quickly scurried over, getting Chanyeol out of the ropes, Baekhyun too. 'Say, where's Seohyun noona?' He asked himself. 

'She's injured, oh my god what should we do?!' Chanyeol cried out in desperation as his tears formed a stream down his cheeks, 'Oh shoot! Call the ambulance!' Lay cursed as he pulled out his phone, dialing for the ambulance. 'H-hello?! My friend! She's been stabbed by a knife! S-she's bleeding very badly! Save her! Faster! Dongmun Park, a warehouse b-beside it! Come quick, please I'm begging you!'

Lay threw his phone on the floor before stumbling towards Chanyeol's backpack, throwing out random useless stuffs on the floor before taking out tissues and clothes. He wrapped it around her injured abdoment as her head lay on Chanyeol's lap, eyelids closing slowly. Chanyeol's hand was tightly grasping hers, refusing to let go. 

'Hang in there, baby. T-the ambulance is comingvery soon. I-I can't lose you this soon, please stay with me. I-I'm begging you! You haven't fufilled y-your promise to me y-yet, you can't leave without doing that. I waited for you. I would be lying if I told you that losing you was something I could handle. 

Believe it or not, I really love you.' Chanyeol choked out in the midst of his tears.

Seohyun managed to smile a little.

'I'm happy you treasure me this much, really. But then again, if I have to go, I'll really have to, there's no choosing of anything, do you understand, Chanyeol-ah? That moment when I knew you were gonna be engaged with me any moment, I don't know why, but I felt secure. You were one trustworthy, reliable friend. I'm really happy for all these already, let's just see if I can fufil my promise..' 

She felt her life fading away, her breath slowly slowing down. 

'You have to fufil it.' Chanyeol murmured before Seohyun's eyes started to close, her breathing became unstable, Chanyeol just bit his lips to prevent to tears from leaking out uncontrollably. 'Oh , when's the ambulance coming?! She's in pain. Help someone oh my god.' Chanyeol literally went crazy seeing Seohyun in this painful state, groaning every once a few seconds because of the pain.

'Don't cry, I'll make it. I'll live for you, and them. I promise.' Seohyun managed with whisper.

Kai stood there, staring at Chanyeol worrying over Seohyun, nbot to mention, his dying girlfriend. Let me emphasize, Girlfriend. He's not doing anything but watching helplessly, otherwise known as staring mindlessly.

But deep down inside, he knows.

He knows he's gonna lose her anytime soon.

He does nothing but watch, although all the cells in his body commands him to move, he doesn't do anything still.


Chanyeol paced around outside the operation room, biting on his nails nervously.

'Hey, you can go back to rest, really. There's so many of us here already, you're injured. The nurses said this is a complicated surgery, so it'll take a longer time. Stop walking around and take a break, please?' Kyungsoo said in a concerned voice.

'I won't go until she's safe from danger.' Chanyeol said, determined.

The boys were all taking turns to guard in the hospital, in case anything happens, some one will be there. But Chanyeol doesn't bother about these, he stays there.


Taeyeon was sent home but had to be sent to some phsycological treatment procudures for further inspections.

The Police are tracking the current location of Kim Minjung while all the henchmen were caught and jailed.

Baekhyun was badly injured too, he had to be hospitalised.

Chanyeol just got his injuries treated and he could go home immediately.

But Seohyun on the other hand, had to undergo an immediate operation.

Chanyeol was worried sick. No one could understand how he felt, literally. No one knew the gush of feelings he had in him, he was sick to the stomach at the thought of Minjung stabbing Seohyun, despite them being best friends. No, or probably another thing.

Him not being able to save Seohyun.

Him being tied there.

Him being helpless and watching her fall onto the ground with blood oozing out profusely.

That was the most horrible thing he had ever witnessed and so he swore to himself right at that moment, that he will protect Seohyun for the rest of his life.

All I know now is that I was born for you.

I will do anything you ask me to, be everything you ask me to.

As long as you breathe, I'll be your one and only protector.

Just then, the doctor came out, pulling off his mask.

'D-doctor, how is she?' Chanyeol immediately rushed up followed by the rest of the clique of people.

'Well, her internal organs are badly injured, she lost a lot of blood, therefore which resulted in her mild concussion. We need to hospitalise her for further checkups to ensure that she has escape the danger zone. Please do let her rest, please refrain from doing vigorous activites or any energy consuming activites.' The doctor explained meticulously to them.

'Thank you, doctor.' Lay thanked before heaving a sigh of relief.

Chanyeol fell onto the chair, 'Thank God.' He mumbled before closing his eyes shut, mumbling again a short prayer for Seohyun.

'Can you go home? We'll take care of her, I promise. Besides, Jongin is here, don't worry too much, okay?' Kris convinced as he patted Chanyeol's shoulder.

Chanyeol shivered as he heard Jongin's name being mentioned. Honestly, he almost forgot Jongin's presence.

Most of all, he forgot Jongin's relation to Seohyun, he was her boyfriend.

While he himself was just a normal friend, soon-to-be-husband maybe to her compared to Jongin.