Chapter Twenty Six

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Twenty Six [15/11/2013]

Seohyun walked out of the detention room, running her fingers through her hair, sighing continuously after slamming the door shut. Her eyes were glued to the floor until someone knocked into her, she fell hard onto the ground, crashing into some of the lockers by the side, of course. 'Aigoo..' She groaned as she rubbed the sore part of her head before looking up, 'Hey.. Watch where you're going.' She mumbled, the other was significantly taken aback as he thought Seohyun would go crazy.

'I'm really really sorry, are you alright, noona?' He asked fractically, dumping the rest of his stuff on the ground as he reached out to help Seohyun up, 'Noona? Are you younger than me? What's your name anyway?'

'Yes, I'm in Sehun's classes, I'm Lee Taemin.' He introuduced himself before Seohyun dusted herself carefully, 'Y-your arm is bleeding..' He then mumbled, pointing to Seohyun's elbow, it had a slight gash on it, blood oozing out carefully. 'Nah, it's okay. Do you want me to help you with those?' Seohyun asked, pointing at the pile of books stacked on the floor. 'It's okay, sunbae! I can do it myself, but before that, I would have to get you to the nurse's room.'


'So you're good friends with Sehunnie?' Seohyun asked as Taemin nodded, 'Do you want to come in for a cup of tea? Thanks for walking me home by the way.' Seohyun added, 'No, it's okay. I have to get home soon, noona.' Seohyun nodded understandingly. 'I guess I'll see you soon, get home safely.' She smiled, 'Noona, can I have your number?..' Taemin asked, hesitatingly at first with his cheeks red like a tomato.

'Sure!' Taemin handed Seohyun his phone as she accepted it and keyed in her number for him,

Seohyun Noona

005-678-445

'Here,' She handed the phone back to him as he grinned happily, 'Thank you, noona!' He chirped, 'I'll get going now.' He bowed before smiling once more. 'See you tomorrow!' Seohyun bid him a last goodbye before going into the house.

'I'm home!' She shouted as she threw her bag on the couch, she yawned, stretching herself before hearing people talking back, 'Do you want to eat? Oppa will cook for you~' Kyungsoo voice traveled from the kitchen before she chuckled. 'Where's everyone?'

'They're practically all slacking around your house! Baekhyunnie's in detention.' 

'Yeah. I know. I just went to see Taeyeon.' Seohyun muttered as Kyungsoo's eyes unknowingly widened. 'You what? Really?' Kyungsoo asked, dashing out from the kitchen as he dried his hands on the apron. 'Yes, ooh! And I met this cute kid,' Seohyun added, being all hyper.

'Who?' Kris suddenly walked out with Tao, 'Some kid named Taemin, he's a kind kid that walked me home just now.' Seohyun chuckled as she scrolled through her phone. 'Ooh, noona! Taemin? I know him.' Sehun chimed in cheerfully, 'So he was the good friend you were talking about, huh? When you changed classes.' Seohyun asked, nudging him as he sat down beside her.

'Yeah.. He's a caring friend, much better than Luhan hyung,' Sehun joked.

'Uhm, guys.' A familiar voice was heard as Seohyun turned around to see who it was, 'Daehyun? Oh, you're back finally.' Seohyun mumbled a greeting as she turned back to her phone. 'Just that?' 'What?' 'Is that all you're going to say to me, you baddie?'

Seohyun stuck her tongue out playfully, 'Hey, we've got dinner together tonight! Our parents wants to treat you guys to dinner.' Daehyun announced as the boys all cheered while Kyungsoo sulked, 'Aww, I was thinking of cooking.'

'We can still let you cook our supper!' Chen chuckled, 'Go get ready by 6.30,' Daehyun reminded and retired to his room. 'My mom cares a lot about someone's outer appearance so... yeah.' Seohyun smirked before going back to her room, choosing an outfit that would somehow match that occasion.

It was almost 6.30 in the evening when Seohyun's parents called Daehyun.


The boys all greeted Seohyun's parents after Seohyun and Daehyun exchanged hugs with their parents, Mr and Mrs Jung had huge grins on their faces when they saw Chanyeol dressed all smart and dashing.

'How are you all doing?' Mrs Jung asked as Mr Jung told the waiter what they wanted, 'We're doing fine these few days, Mrs Jung, thank you for asking.' Joonmyun answered, 'Aw, how polite.' She complimented as the boys all bowed slightly from their seats. 'No need to be so formal, be yourselves, we're just trying to have a simple dinner together.' Mr Jung chuckled as he added.

After their meal, Mr and Mrs Jung started a simple conversation with the boys, Mrs Jung oftenly glanced over at Chanyeol and Seohyun who were engaged in a comical chat among themselves.

'Chanyeol-ah,' Mrs Jung called out, gaining the attention of everyone around the table, 'Yes, Mrs Jung?'

'How's the wedding plans going? I've already gotten people that designed your wedding dress! The tuxedo will fit Chanyeol perfectly!' She chirped as everyone's eyes widened; especially Baekhyun's and Sehun's since they don't even have a single idea of Chanyeol and Seohyun in a marriage.

'I- um, W-we...' Chanyeol stuttered, trying frantically to look for the right words to explain himself, 'Yes, dear?' Mrs Jung listened carefully. 'We're still in the middle of deciding..' He mumbled. 'It's okay, dear. I understand,' Mrs Jung offered him a smile as he grinned back. 

Baekhyun's jaw was still wide open.

Then it hit him.

He won't be able to have her by his side anymore, she won't be able to take care of him when he's sick anymore, she won't be there when he's down to cheer him up, she won't be going to school with him anymore, she's won't be having the freedom she's having now, she's won't be able to go over to his house as often anymore, they won't be able to spend time together anymore.

She won't be his anymore.

No.

She can't.