Chapter Fifteen; Benign

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Fifteen: Benign (21/09/2013)

Benign: showing or expressive of of gentleness or kindness.

'Hyung! Hyung? Hyung? Hyung?! Where are you?! Yah!'

Baekhyun's ear-piercing shout travelled to every corner of the house.

Kris rolled his eyes and got off the couch, 'I'm coming!' He said, sliding his phone into the back pocket of his incredibly long jeans. 'What?' He asked with his usual poker face on. 'Tissue.' Baekhyun replied shortly as he sniffled.

'It's just over there, get it yourself, you lazy bum.' Kris nagged before turning around, ready to walk away. 'Yah! You! I asked you over to take care of me, I'm sick!' Baekhyun retorted.

Kris trudged over and tossed him the tissue box and scoffed. 'Why didn't you ask Chanyeol?'

'That idiot doesn't even know how to take care of himself, besides, he would be of no use. More of a noise and troublemaker that would blabber away non-stop.' Baekhyun shook his head before blowing his nose.

'Then do you think I'll do a better job taking care of this? In this situation, Kyungsoo should be on his 'umma mode' and doing his job right, or do you want Joonmyun?' Kris smirked, 'Yah, you're the father. Don't try to get away with this, Wu Yifan.' Baekhyun warned, squinting his eyes.

Kris rolled his eyes once more. 'Why don't you ask your pretty and little girlfriend over to take care of you? ' 'What? Did you just call Taeyeon a-' 'Yes, yes I did.' 'You bastard.' 'Well then, do you need anything? Are you hungry? Thirsty?' Kris then asked. 'Stop it,' Baekhyun said, looking up from his book. 'What?!' Kris was getting impatient, obviously. 'You're being sarcastic, aren't you?' Baekhyun raised a brow and glanced at Kris suspiciously.

Kris puffed his cheeks. 

'I really don't know what to do with you! Kill me now, someone. Stab me with a knife oh my.' Kris wailed. 'When I care about you, you think it's sarcastic; when I don't, you say I'm being a bad person. What do you want me to know, Byun Baekhyun-sshi?! Aigoo.' Kris sighed as he shook his head.

'You can leave.' Baekhyun muttered shortly, his attention still on the book.

'Fine, if that's what you want.' Kris implied before shutting the door.

'Who cares about him anyway? Idiot.' Kris said to himself as he slipped into his sneakers as walked off back home.

~~~

Kris looked up at the big clock.

Time's ticking and it's been almost 5 hours since he left Baekhyun alone on his own to take care of himself.

Kris bit hard on his lower lip, 'Will he faint? Man, I shouldn't have left him there alone. That little boy can't even take care of himself.. What if he falls down from the stairs? He's a clumsy person..' Kris continued to imagine every single thing that would happen to Baekhyun.

He snapped out of it, 'What am I thinking?!' He mentally slapped himself repeatedly. 'I'll lose my dignity if I go back, he doesn't even want me back. Forget it, he'll manage it himself.' Kris calmed himself down and told himself that nothing will happen to the almighty Byun Baekhyun.

Standing up, he walked back to his room and tried to sleep.

He sat up, frustrated.

Pulling out his phone, he checked the time. 01:56AM.

Seohyun

Heyyyy. It's me. I have a favor to ask, please help me.

Baekhyun's angry with me and kicked me out of his house

cause he said I wasn't taking care of him well. So.. I came

out. He doesn't want Taeyeon to go over... Cause she's

too much of a noob to take care of him tsktsktsk.

But then I'm worried that something might happen

to him cause he's sick. Can you go over and check

on him? Maybe stay and take care of him? Please!

I'll do anything for you, really. I swear. I'll appreciate

that very much.

Thanks :)

                     Cool and handsome Kris.

He hesitated when he looked at the time.

'Will she even notice the message? Nevermind.' He shrugged before pressing the 'send' button reluctantly. 'Jongin's gonna kill me for sure if he finds out about this.' Kris muttered worriedly as he waited for Seohyun's reply.

~~~

Seohyun's noticfication ringtone sounded as Kai groaned in his sleep, arms still wrapped around Seohyun's waist. 'Hyun-ah, your phone.' He said groggily as Seohyun's eyes opened. She reached out over to the bedside table and grabbed her phone.

She squinted her eyes and read the message Kris had sent.

'Jongin-ah, it's almost 2 in the morning, aren't you going home?' Seohyun asked, trying to get Kai out of the house in order to get away.

'I'll go now, since it's this late.' Kai said, getting up and stretching.

'Sleep tight,' Kai muttered with his husky voice, 'See you tomorrow, babe.' He smirked a little as he walked out and shut the door tight.

Seohyun scrambled to the window and saw Kai walking out of the house and out of the gate, yawning.

She felt bad for asking Kai to go home when he needs sleep the most.

Pouting, she pulled out her phone.

Baby Boy

Jongin-ah, be careful when you're walking home.

Look out for the drunksters and don't get into

trouble, okay? Don't let me worry. Stay safe and

please don't try to sneak into clubs and spend your

nights there, go stright home. Do you understand?

If I find out that you're going to those places, I'm

going to ignore you.

Have a good night's sleep.

                                Seohyunnie.

Seohyun shook her head as she remembered those times when she had to literally drag Kai home when a stranger called from his phone to her.

She shook off the bad memories and quickly changed into a simple hoodie and denim shorts, grabbing her bag containing all the items needed, she dashed out without even looking back.

She walked amongst the darkness of the night, the street lights were standing out completely. 'Damn it, are there any stores that sell medicines?' She mumbled to herself as she looked everywhere for a pharmacy. She ran down the streets and finally spotted one.

She silently cheered to herself before walking in.

'Agasshi, may I help you?' The petite lady at the counter asked, 'I have to buy some medicines..' She mumbled. 'What kind?' 'For coughing, flu, fever. All these,' 'Give me a minute,' She said before turning around and sorting out all the medicines.

'Here,' She said, placing out all the different sorts of medicines. 'I will also need pain killers, for stomachache, headaches. Pain reliever patches?' Seohyun decided to buy them just in case anything happens to Baekhyun, the clumsy idiot.

'Do you have band-aids too?' She asked. The lady nodded and took out all the relavant items that Seohyun wanted.

Seohyun pulled out a stack of  cash and placed it on the counter. 'Keep the change, thank you!' She rushed out of the store and dashed for Baekhyun's house.

~~~

'How am I supposed to get it, stupid Kris.' Seohyun muttered as she rolled her eyes, pulling out her phone to give Kris a call.

'Hello? Kris?'

'Yeah, it's me. Are you there yet?'

'You idiot. How am I gonna get in?' 

'Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. There's a hidden extra key under the flower pot.'

'Which? There are so many of them.'

'The pot with the cactus.'

'Okay..'

'Thanks for doing me the favor.'

'Shut up you. You owe me. Big time.'

'Yeah. Whatever you want me to do, I'll do it.'

'I'll tell you next time, see you soon.'

'Bye.'

Seohyun hung up and lifted the cactus pot slightly and slipped the key out. She unlocked the door. She stepped in, smirking upon seeing that the house was still so clean when nobody is able to clean it.

Hearing Baekhyun's loud and clear coughs and sneezes from downstairs, she shook her head. Placing everything down, she poured a glass of water and took the bag of medicines, trying to locate where Baekhyun was currently.

She barged in without even knocking.

'Hey, you're going to disturb your neighbours if you continue coughing like that.' Seohyun muttered as she placed the bag and glass down.

'Omo! You scared me! Why are you here? How'd you get in here?!' Baekhyun asked, shocked. 'Calm down, I'll explain. You're ill and Kris told me what happened and so he asked me to take care of you cause he's worried. Uhh, the other one I can't say. You'll find out from him soon enough.' Baekhyun raised a brow.

'What's all that?' He asked, pointing at the bag of medicines. 'Medicines for you to take, duh.' Seohyun said in a matter-of-factly tone. 'That much?!' 'Not all of them, of course. Only some. I just bought extra.' Seohyun implied, pouring everything out on Baekhyun's bed.

'Pain reliever patches? Really?' Baekhyun raised a brow and asked. 'Yeah, just in case. You'll have to drink this, swallow these.' Seohyun instructed as she laid out all the medicines.

Baekhyun did as told, 'Ah, why does it taste so disgusting?..' He asked. 'Nobody asked you to fall sick, too bad.' Seohyun mocked as she kept them back into the bag. She fumbled for her sweets and dug out something.

'Here, I got these from Japan, they're really expensive but I think they'll solve your little problem of not liking to eat bitter stuffs.' Seohyun said, tossing him the whole box of candy, pouting relunctantly. 'Aish.. I really liked that flavor.' She mentally cursed herself for giving him that.

Baekhyun studied her face, 'What? Is there something on my face?' Seohyun asked rolling her eyes. 'No, you're face is very perfect.' Baekhyun said, Seohyun smirked.

I can only see a hint of relunctance.. But she cares about me. After all these.

'Baek Puppy, you should sleep now.' Seohyun said as she focussed on tossing her bag to the couch a few metres away. She cheered in a soft voice when the bag landed safely on the couch. 'What did you just call me?' He asked, looking at Seohyun.

'Baek Puppy.' Seohyun replied casually, walking over to the couch. 'Why?!' He asked suddenly. 'Cause it sounds.. uh.. I don't know? Cute?' Seohyun shrugged. 'That's not fair.' 'What's not fair?' 'You gave me a nickname that sounds so babyish but you don't have one.' Baekhyun pouted.

'I didn't know Byun Bacon can be so childish.' Seohyun raised a brow.

He reminds me of Jongin.

Baekhyun threw a pillow in her face. 'Yah! Watch it you!' Seohyun stood up and snapped. 'I'll call you Hyun.' Baekhyun set his mind and said. 'Fine fine. Why didn't you ask her to come instead?' Seohyun asked when curiousity got the better of her.

Baekhyun hesitated when he wanted to tell her. 'If you don't want to say, it's fine I-' 'No! I didn't mean that. I just thought that I needed time out from her.' Baekhyun confessed. Seohyun smirked, 'She doesn't know that you're not well?' 'What do you think? She asked me out today but I declined.' Baekhyun shrugged.

'Are you not intending to sleep, Baek Puppy?' Seohyun asked.

'Fine, you sound like my mother.' Baekhyun glared slightly at Seohyun.

'Sleep quickly.' Seohyun urged and sat down on the couch once again.

'Fine. You sound like my mother.' Baekhyun pouted.

'Well then, do you want me to tuck you in, son?' Seohyun joked.

'No?! I'll sleep now.' Baekhyun tucked himself in and closed his eyes.

'Aren't you going to sleep?' Baekhyun asked Seohyun who was reading a book.

'How am I supposed to do so anyway?' Seohyun asked in a matter-of-factly tone.

'Do you want to share.. a bed with me?' Baekhyun asked.

'Just leave a space for me, thanks. I'll sleep if I want to.' Seohyun thanked.

'Sure, sleep early. Good night.' Baekhyun mumbled before closing his eyes.

Seohyun nodded and continued with her book.

~~~~

04:23AM

Seohyun yawned as she stood up and stretched.

She took once last look at the clock before stuffing everything into her bag and trudging to Baekhyun's bed. She plopped onto the large amount of space Baekhyun left for her and drifted slowly into Dreamland...

"What you are on the outside,

doesn't reflect what you really are."