Chapter Seventeen; Nostalgia

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Seventeen; Nostalgia (27/09/2013)

Nostalgia: A bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past.

Seohyun shot Mrs Byun a fake smile, How am I going to be her future daughter-in-law when I'm not even the girlfriend of her son? Mrs Byun looked around the house and grinned, 'Did you help with the chores? Baekhyun doesn't do any washing, you know.' Mrs Byun chuckled as she said that.

Seohyun nodded, 'Baekhyun fell sick these few days so I stayed over to take care of him, Mrs Byun.' Seohyun smiled lightly.

Indeed it was her, she was the one that did all the house chores. Taking care of Baekhyun at the same time, was too, her. 'That must've been hard on you, my dear. I'm sorry.' Mrs Byun apologized.

Seohyun just shook her head and smiled.

Kai's image popped up in her mind all of a sudden and made her feel guilty. A little portion of her mind was telling her to stop; she shouldn't even be here in the first place. Why was she here? She should have spent the time with Jongin instead! Byun Baekhyun was the first person that broke her heart.

And she swore that he'll be the last.

He had hurt her, but why was she still caring for him?

Jongin was the one who was always there when she needed help, when she needed someone to comfort her and tell her that everything was okay. Jongin was the only person in the universe that brought warmth to her ice, cold heart. But now, it seems that everything had changed.

Seohyun tried to steer clear of all thoughts about Baekhyun.

She convinced herself that they were just friends and she was just doing him a simple favor.

Friends should help each other, right?

Right. But lovers should be true to each other.

The other portion argued back and soon, her mind was chaotic, she started getting dizzy. Millons of questions popped up in her mind, what if Jongin finds out? What if he knows I've stayed over? What if he

'Seohyun-ah, do you need to rest? You look so tired.' Mrs Byun offered, 'No, it's okay. I think I'm just a little dizzy..' Seohyun mumbled before Mrs Byun starting panicking, hollering for Baekhyun to come down.

'What? Umma, did you call for me?' Baekhyun asked as he came down from the stairs. 'Your girlfriend's turn to get sick, was it from you?' Mrs Byun asked suspiciously, raising an eyebrow at her son.

'Really?' Baekhyun dashed over, frantic. 'I'll leave the two of you alone now, let her rest, Baekhyun-ah. I'm going upstairs now.' Mrs Byun notified before patting her son's back.

Baekhyun touched Seohyun's forehead as her forehead creased and cold sweat started pouring out with her eyes closed. 'Are you not feeling well?' Baekhyun asked, 'Not really. I'm just scared,' Seohyun bit down hard on her lower lip as she said that, looking into Baekhyun's eyes.

'Scared of what?'

'What if Jongin finds out—' 'He won't, and even if he does, so what? It's not like we're doing anything.' Baekhyun said, shrugging.

'Do you need to rest?' 'No.. I'm fine. What are you going to do? Your mother seems to really think that we're together, you know what I'm saying? She wants me to be her daughter-in-law..' Seohyun muttered. 'Really? That's bad. Cause when they see Taeyeon.. Never mind.' Baekhyun sighed.

'Why did we even lie in the first place, oh my gosh.' Seohyun shook her head. 'Cause I had no choice but to do so? I can't possibly tell them my female friend stayed over. And she's not my girlfriend. Right?' Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

'Yeah yeah.. What if Taeyeon finds out?' Seohyun asked.

'I'll explain then, or you can just take the responsiblity that you just barged into my house in the middle of the night.' Baekhyun smiled sarcasically at Seohyun. 'No thank you. And it's Kris' fault, not mine.' Seohyun said innocently.

'Oh yes. That is going to get it tomorrow.' Baekhyun hissed mercilessly.

~~~

'Dear, do you want to stay over for the night?' Mrs Byun asked, looking at you across the dining table.

'Umma, there's no need to, she has to go home and' 'Are you trying to shoo your girlfriend away, son?' Mr Byun asked, raising an eyebrow. 'No, that's no what I meant, dad.' Baekhyun denied as Seohyun tried to keep her laughter in.

'So? Seohyun-ah, do you like to stay over?' Mrs Byun asked once again. 'I would love to, but there's school tomorrow and I don't have my uniform with me..' Seohyun mumbled.

'I've predicted these so.. Not to be creepy but I have a girl's uniform and extra textbooks and all in the cupboard in my room,' Mrs Byun said, smiling. 'Umma!' Baekhyun looked down, embarrassed whereas Seohyun had wide agape.

'Then I'll stay, thank you Mrs Byun.' Seohyun thanked, stuffing a mouthful of rice into and chewing slowly.

~~~

Mrs Byun beamed, 'Are you comfortable with the thought of sharing a room with Baekhyun?'

'What?!' Seohyun asked, shocked that even his mother would suggest that.

'I'm sorry! I meant that I'm okay with anything, Mrs Byun.' Seohyun corrected herself, facepalming herself in her mind continously.

'That'll be great! I'll go get your stuffs!' Mrs Byun chirped.

And there left Seohyun and Baekhyun in the living room, silent as Mr Byun had gone up and was busy completing his business work.

'Your dad don't talk much, does he?' Seohyun asked.

Baekhyun just shrugged, 'What's wrong, Baek Puppy?' Seohyun asked, with a worrisome look on her face.

'Nah, I'm just afraid that my mom will like you too much and when she sees and knows that Taeyeon's my real girlfriend, she won't be able to accept her as much as she did for you.' Baekhyun mumbled. 'Don't worry too much, Baek Puppy. She's a million times better than I am. Since you chose her over me, that proved you wrong.' Seohyun whispered sadly.

'I chose her over you, but that doesn't mean my parents will do.' Baekhyun said.

The atmosphere suddenly became cold and unfriendly, it totally changed.

Of course, it made Seohyun regret what she said.

'Yeah, right.' Seohyun implied quite sarcastically.

Baekhyun kept silent.

'There kids! I've placed everything in Baekhyun's room! Now go rest you two!' Mrs Byun walked out and said. Baekhyun just nodded as Seohyun bowed and thanked Mrs Byun.

~~~

Baekhyun closed the door behind him and sat down on the bed.

'So... Do you want to rest now?' Baekhyun asked, pulling the covers awkwardly. 'I'll sleep on the couch, you have the bed, is that alright?' Baekhyun asked again, 'No! It's okay.. Do you want to um.. Share?' Seohyun asked awkwardly once more.

'Can we?' 'Sure, the bed's yours afterall, and I'm sure we're able to fit..' Seohyun mumbled.

~~~

7.57AM

The bright sunlight flitered through the curtains, forcing Seohyun to open her eyes and wake up.

She yawned and looked over, remembering how she managed to fall asleep yesterday, awkwardly with Baekhyun, telling her a story.

'You can't sleep?' Baekhyun asked, shifting a little in under the covers. 'Kinda, I'm not used to sharing...' Seohyun mumbled. 'I tell you a story then, will it make you fall asleep?' Baekhyun asked, looking at the outline of Seohyun's figure. 'Mhmm.'

'There was this teenage boy, his had a great talent. He was born with great vocal cords, he could sing very well, that's why he was accepted into the most prestigious high school in the whole of the city. When he studied there, he met a girl. That girl was beautiful, she had a kind heart and she drew very well. That was why the boy fell in love with her.

When he confessed, the girl accepted it and soon, they became a happily dating couple. She got along well with the boy's friends and they all liked her in return. They spent almost everyday together, doing everything, all bonding like a family. They were leading a perfect life.

After about a year or two, the girl called for a breakup. And of course, the boy was at lost, he cried for many days. It was until one day, that he found out the girl got cancer and was going to die anytime soon. He was devastated.

He refused to see her for weeks, but when he rushed there, she was already dead.

There was a painting and a letter beside her bed.

The nurse had told him that the girl died, after finished that painting. She had asked the nurse to pass it back to him.

The letter said;

To my dearest boyfriend,

I'm sorry that I didn't get to tell you that I had this terrible fate landed in my life. I'm sorry about everything, I'm sorry for meeting you and.. ruining your life right now. Don't be sad, don't cry. I'm in Heaven now, with the loving God that's always by our side.

Are you able to promise me something? You have to promise me, if I go, don't cry about me. Because I won't be able to go peacefully if I see you like this. You have to wait for me, you'll have to let me go. Becasue we will meet again.

With less pain, at the same place, at the same time.

I promise.

When I'm gone, you wouldn't have to tolerate that annoying voice trying to tell you not to skip meals or to sleep early ever again. In future you also won't have anyone to nag at you when you didn't wear a jacket or when you are you are out alone late at night. From now on I can't be there waiting for your calls or to care about you anymore. And someday, my memories of you will sure to fade away. Your voice, your actions, how you look like. I might forget all of them as well. But even then, I'll always remember that I loved you.

Keep an image of me in a corner of your head. I want you to smile when you think of me.

 And like I what always said,

Don't cry, smile...

                                                                     From your dearest baby.

 

 

 

Unknowingly, a lone tear slipped out of Baekhyun's eye.

 

 

'What kind of fairytale is that?' Seohyun asked, pouting, feeling all weird about the story Baekhyun had just told her. 'Just some random one,' Baekhyun said with a cracked voice.

 

That's my fairytale.

"Once in a while,

right in the middle of an ordinary life,

love gives us a fairy tale."

-Anonymous. [shoot anonymous anonymous, heartless mindless, no one who cares about meeee ^^ -trolling author]


 

Author's note.

 

Heyy guys! Long time no notes. Lmao whut am I doin'? Sorry for the non-frequent updates nowadays, I'm really sorry cause I have really important examinations coming up, no no wait, I'm in the middie of it already. It's really important. So I might only be updating on weekends. Depends, double update or whatsoever.

So it's a semi-hiatus.  No biggie.

I'll do another one later, I think.

Hope you liked it and I hope it made you cryyyy cryyy cryyyy. [oh wait, that's another EXO song muahaha.]

I'll sing Baby, Don't Cry to you if you cried XD

Byebye for now! ^^