Chapter Fourteen; Quandary

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Fourteen; Quandary (14/09/2013)

Quandary: a state of perplexity and uncertainty, especially as to what to do; dilemma.

'No Keroro, no sleep.' Seohyun grumbled, pouting at the terrifying fact that she will have to sacrifice her sleep. 'I can't sleep anyway. Kai.. What should we do about him?' Seohyun asked as she nudged Chanyeol, hugging the teddy bear that Chanyeol gave to her, hoping that it would help, but no.

'Let's not bother about that first. You can't sleep with that teddy bear too?' Chanyeol groaned as he muffled a yawn. 'No Keroro, no sleep.' Seohyun sighed again. 'It had been my bad habit.. That was what appa said.' Seohyun continued.

The two were chatting in Chanyeol's bedroom, frustrated about the fact that both of them might not be able to sleep.

'Hey, Yeol.' Seohyun called out to Chanyeol who was lying on the bed, with an arm under his head, staring at the ceiling. 'What?'

'Can you help me call Kyungsoo? Or any of the boys? I want to know how Kai is now...' Seohyun mumbled. 'Wait, I just remembered something. You and Jongin.. You're dating right? What should we do about this marriage thingy? I don't want to get married this early, you know. I don't want to be you and his future ruiner you know.. You two seem so happy together, right?' Chanyeol asked, all excited.

'Why are you so hyped up?' 'Nahh, I'm just curious about people in relationships. I wanna know how it goes, you know what I mean?' Chanyeol asked, grinning from ear to ear. 'You've never dated before?' Seohyun asked, 'Nah, not even once. My parents keep me at home, I was home schooled before! But I insisted that I wanted to attend school like the others so my parents finally agreed to my request.'

Seohyun sighed upon hearing another person having almost a same lifestyle as hers.

'Do you have any siblings?' 'I have a noona, but my parents sent her overseas to continue her studies, that's why I'm so envious of her. She gets to go out to the other places in the world.. While I'm stuck here.' Chanyeol shrugged. 'You have an older brother that loves you so much, he's with you everytime.' Chanyeol said, pouting.

'But he's such a pest sometimes. That's because my parents hardly comes home. I think I'm closer with the helpers in my house compared to them. They always go overseas for business. Just take this as an example. Look, if I didn't know you and we're complete strangers, they would also dump me here to spent a night. And that stupid Daehyun doesn't do anything to it.' Seohyun smirked.

Chanyeol let out a soft laugh, 'But fortunately, you know me well. I'm someone trustworthy so I won't do anything to my best friend's girlfriend.' He chuckled.

Seohyun yawned, 'I'm very tired!' She exclaimed.

Chanyeol chuckled as he extended a free arm, 'Jja, here. You can lay your head here, if you want. I'm free of charge,' He winked as he patted the space beside with his extended arm. Seohyun shrugged and willingly laid down. 

'Let's talk then, since I'm not able to sleep. Maybe you'll be able to.' Seohyun suggested. 'Sure, what do you want to talk about?' Chanyeol asked. 'What should we do, Yeol-ah?' Seohyun asked all of a sudden. 'I haven't thought about that.. Maybe you should tell Jongin.' Chanyeol said, nodding.

'What if he leaves me? I will have no one anymore. He's my everything, I can't leave him.' Seohyun muttered unknowingly.

'I know he's important to you. That's why you should tell him the truth and get that over with.' Chanyeol implied, grinning.

'I should?'

'Yeah, he'll understand your situation. I won't steal you away from him, that's for sure.' Chanyeol chuckled once again. 'Yeah yeah..' Seohyun mumbled and yawned. 'You're really tired, huh? Me too...' Chanyeol muttered as he pouted.

'Sing.' Seohyun said.

'What?' Chanyeol asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

'I asked you to sing, you idiot.' Seohyun implied sarcastically. 'Maybe that will do the trick.' She added, shrugging.

'Well then, since you asked, there's no harm in trying, right?' Chanyeol smirked.

'Guess not,' Seohyun shrugged once more.

 

'I brush off the dust on the old diary The inside that suddenly opened up, brightly
You are there still Like before, you are remained
I recall the pictures that I lived forgetting The little tremblings splurge in my body
It’s a bit of a sad thing that we can’t go back to that time

I’m going to look for you Tinker bell that the memories sent Neverland that followed through
At that place While looking at each other, were we smiling
Forever your peter pan. Your man that stopped the that time
Although I’m lacking, I’m running to my you that I loved so much

The mischievous rascal that bothered you a lot The defeated memories are vivid
Starting from that time I gained your heart and even a kiss
My heart was always flying while riding a cloud
You were prettier than Wendy, Cinderella
Because I feel you, the one person that makes my heart beat My two eyes shine

I’m going to look for you Tinker bell that the memories sent Neverland that followed through
at that place While looking at each other, were we smiling
Forever your peter pan. Your man that stopped the that time
Although I’m lacking, I’m running to my you that I loved so much'

Chanyeol finished off the last sentence of the melody and peered over at Seohyun.

'It really worked, didn't it?' He asked himself softly, looking at the sleeping girl beside him. He unknowingly smiled to himself, looking at the angelic girl who was asleep.

She was completely different when she was awake.

This girl sleeping looked vulerable, pure and angelic, different from the violent, cold and bewitching girl when she was awake.

Chanyeol was surprised at how the girl could have so many different personailties in different times but he shrugged the weird feeling off anyway.

He lifted her head and pulled a pillow under the girl's head, resting it gently on the soft pillow. He shifted a little and saved the other half of the bed for himself, pulling up the blankets, he yawned and switched off the lights.

~~~

'Hyung! Chanyeol Hyung! Where are you?' A voice travelled through the empty hallways of the luxurious house. 'Maybe he's still sleeping?' Kris shrugged as he plopped himself down onto the couch and switched on the television.

'Aigoo! All you know is to be lazy!' Kyungsoo nagged as he smacked Kris' . Kris shot him a glare before turning his attention back to the television.

'It's still 7, let's not bother about that sleepy head, hey, Kai, where did you run to yesterday? She was looking all over for you.' Chen asked as he nudged the younger, who was busy on his phone at that moment.

'I just ran wherever, cause I was hungry and I wanted to find a place that sold ddukbeokki.' Kai shrugged, not even bothering to look up. 'Yeah yeah..' Chen muttered as he fiddled with his phone himself.

Kai's tongue clicked, 'Say.. Where's my baby? Haven't seen her since yesterday and I miss her.' Kai mumbled. 'Where's Baek?' Joonmyun asked. 'That 's out with the . He ditched us,' Sehun replied coldly, his poker face on.

'Chillax Sehun-ah.' Luhan cooed as he shook his head, 'He's taking Taeyeon noona that seriously that he ditched us. This was like the only day that we were all able to go out..' Luhan mumbled, disappointedly.

'She's in no place to let you call her noona.' Sehun muttered coldly before glaring at Luhan. 'Why are you so worked up?' Joonmyun asked, shaking his head too. 'Stupid Byun Baekhyun.' Sehun scoffed as he got up, grabbing his wallet and phone. He slipped into his shoes and slammed the door shut, shocking each and every one of the boys.

'Why so serious?' Jongdae smirked.

Kai threw a pillow at him before getting up too.

'I'll go get him,' He wore his shoes and turned around, 'Kim Jongdae, quit joking around.' Jongin opened the door and went out.

'Mehh, let's not care about those two young idiots.' Jongdae shrugged.

~~~

'Aigoo..' Chanyeol groaned as he ran his fingers through his messy bed hair.

He glanced over and saw the sleeping Seohyun, he smiled before reaching over to the bedside table for his phone.

Sehun

Hyung! We're going over to your house later!

Is that okay with you? If you don't reply within the

next 5 minutes, we'll barge into your house. I know

where you keep the spare key. Mehrong. I don't know if

your Baekhyun is going or not but I bet my bank

account he's not. He's probably going to go on another

date with his girlfriend which betrayed her own bestfriend.

Anyways.. See you later, Hyung.

                                           Maknae Sehun.

Chanyeol gasped as his eyes widened to the max. 'Holy .' He paused and heard a loud laugh from downstairs. 'That's probably Jongdae,' he shrugged before getting up, pulling the blankets over Seohyun.

', how in the world am I going to explain why Seohyun's at my house? Ohmygod.' Chanyeol muttered as he paced around the room. 'Aish! I should go down first.' He convinced himself that nothing will happen and he washed up before walking downstairs like nothing had happened.

'Hyung!' Tao screeched as he caught glance of Chanyeol walking down. 'Oh, this sleepy head has finally woke up, huh?' Kyungsoo said sarcastically, receiving a glare from Chanyeol. 'Why are you up so late today? I thought you were always an early bird?' Kris smirked after saying that.

'I-I slept late yesterday.' Chanyeol stuttered as he opened the fridge and pulled out a jug of milk. 'Where's Sehun and Jongin?' Chanyeol realized two of them was gone and asked.

'Sehun ran off in a fit of anger, Jongin chased after him and their gone for now.' Lay explained, chuckling. Chanyeol heaved a sigh of relief upon hearing that Kai wasn't present right now.

He poured the milk and placed the jug back into the fridge before trudging to the living room, sipping on the milk. 'Hey, guys.. If I tell you something that's really absurd, will you believe me?' Chanyeol asked. Kris rolled his eyes.

'You said it's absurd and FYI, it's coming from Park Chanyeol. Who would believe you?' He asked, scoffing. Kyungsoo smacked Kris' head before smiling. 'Of course we'll believe you, you idiot. We've been the bestest friends for years. So what is it that you gotta say?' He asked.

'Can you all promise not to tell Jongin?' Chanyeol pleaded. 'Sure thing,' Joonmyun assured before sitting down.

'I—' 'Park Chanyeol!' A girl's voice sounded.

Kyungsoo's eyes widened as Joonmyun gasped.

'Yah, did you ditch us yesterday for a date?' Kris said, smirking.

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows, 'No?! I didn't do anything to her! Really!' He quickly denied. 'Yeah yeah, you don't have to tell us everything, hyung.' Tao smirked.

'Who is it?' Kyungsoo asked. He founded the voice familiar.

'Park Chanyeol! Why— OMO!' Seohyun shrieked as she realized all the boys were staring at her.

Luhan gasped, covering his mouth. 'OHMYGOD!' Chen shouted as he realized that was Jongin's girlfriend.

In Chanyeol's bedroom.

'Wait! I can explain! Really!' Chanyeol said urgently before any of them could mistake them for having an affair or whatever. 'Go on, then.' Kyungsoo gestured before he folded his arms.

Seohyun sighed and shook her head. 'What a stupid person,' She flicked Chanyeol's forehead, resulting in the other whince in pain.

'Well... Let's just put it simply. Chanyeol and I, we're being set up in some arranged marriage. Why am I here then? You must be wondering. Well... Remember yesterday when I had to rush off somewhere with Daehyun? Yeah, we're rushing off to the dinner with Chanyeol and his parents. I didn't know the person that I am supposed to get married with was him. So we were both shocked.

What happened was that my parents and Daehyun, with his parents.. They planned to go to Busan to settle some business, obviously without us.

My father wanted me to stay over at Chanyeol's, I didn't want to cause I was scared of something like this could happen but fortunately, Jongin isn't here.. My father then said he'll offer me 2 choices, either Chanyeol's or... Taeyeon's.'

'Well, all I can say is your father's being mean.' Xiumin pouted as Seohyun chuckled. 'You bet he is. I obviously had no choice so yeahh, I came here.' Seohyun shrugged. 'So what are you intending to do about this..?' Lay asked.

'How would I know?!' Chanyeol exclaimed.

Seohyun just had a poker face on, she was thinking hard about something.

Should I tell Jongin about this? What if he leaves me?... Everyone knows that I can't leave without him... He's my everything.

'Seohyun! Back to Earth, Jung Seohyun!' Kris swung his palm in front of Seohyun's face, seeing that she was dazing off with her poker face still plastered on.

'Huh? W-what?' 'Do you want to tell Jongin about this? I'm asking you.' Kyungsoo asked with his doe eyes staring right into Seohyun's while he sat in front of her, waiting for her answer.

Everyone was all ears, waiting to hear her reply.

'What if I tell him? Will he leave me?' Seohyun asked.

Her vision was getting blurry, her shoulders dropped, a frown crept over her porcelain face. 'I'm afraid he'll leave me. I really can't imagine life without him, he was the one that helped me and stayed by my side when no one was there. There's something in him that I'm afraid to lose, something that I'm not going to be able to find in anyone else. He said himself, 'love is the only thing in the world that covers up all the pain and makes someone feel wonderful again'. I'm scared of losing him..' Seohyun's voice cracked as she sighed.

Tears streamed down her face as she brought her knees towards her chest and buried her face in her knees. She hugged her knees as she sobbed.

'Hey, don't cry.. I know Jongin, he's not going to leave you, I promise. Really.' Kyungsoo tried to assure Seohyun.

The door clicked open.

'Hyung! I've got the idiot!' Kai exclaimed proudly as he kicked off hs shoes. 'Hyung— Oh! Seohyunnie!' He gasped as he ran forward. 'What happened? When were you here? Oh man, I was looking for you! This kid ran out so I have to chase after him and buy him bubble tea. Oh my.. What happened to you? Don't cry..' Jongin cooed as he hugged Seohyun.

The rest could only sigh, except for Sehun, who was drinking his bubble tea, oblivious to everything that was happening.

'It's nothing.. I'm fine, Jongin-ah. I missed you.' Seohyun tried to put on a smile for Jongin, and looked at him with those doe eyes that were shining with tears.

'Baby, don't cry. It hurts me seeing you cry like this. I'm here, don't cry.' Jongin comforted.

'Ehh, no PDA please.' Jongdae complained, 'Why? Are you jealous?' Jongin smirked.

Jongdae rolled his eyes as he walked away.

'Sshh, don't cry now. Are you tired? Do you want to sleep?' Jongin asked, worriedly as he caressed Seohyun's tear-stained cheek.

 

Seohyun just shook her head and sniffled.

 

 

If only you knew what's going on...