Chapter Twenty Four

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Four; (09/11/2013)

Seohyun continued staring mindlessly at the television while the rest just looked at her with eyes that shined with sheer worry. 'Hyung, what's wrong? Why isn't noona talking?' Sehun asked in a hushed tone, Kyungsoo shrugged, 'Maybe she's still shocked,' but guilt was eating him from inside. He knew something was terribly wrong, with Seohyun.

Being the motherly one in EXO and amongst his friends, he knew each and every one of them exceptionally well. Not to mention, especially Seohyun.

Okay, well, that was because Kai wanted to date her, Kyungsoo decided to check on her, to ensure that his friend's heart wouldn't be toyed with or broken by some random girl off the streets. But apparently, she didn't.

It kinda turned the other way around...

Later on that, I promise there'll be more on that sensitive topic.

Turns out, Seohyun looked strong and unbreakable, but on the inside, she was like any girl, like he thought, she was another random girl off the street, but a weirdly unique one. She was a witty girl; pure, innocent, talented, warm, beautiful & amazing. All in all, people would just call her a goddness, the definition of perfect.

Everytime a person compliments her, her arrogance started to resemble the sea and oceans; endless. It started to build up, like what the wall that surrounded her heart was doing. Love started disappearing while arrogance taken over, the humility was taken over by arrogance and it leaded to many unwanted things to start happening.

Kyungsoo started to be more cautious around her when he found out all those, he even persuaded Kai to give up on the thought of dating her, but Kai hanged on, he didn't give way.

Right now, he only thought of one thing; he had to tell Chanyeol about what he was thinking.

'N-noona, do you want to eat something? I'll go out to buy food.' Sehun asked, trying to get Seohyun to eat something. Seohyun herself knew she was parched and exhuasted, she wanted to eat and most importantly, tell them what was wrong, but somehow, she couldn't bring herself to do so.

'It's okay, you guys go eat, I need some time alone..' She managed to say as she got up, making eye contact with Kyungsoo, going back into her room. Kyungsoo saw the glint of sadness present in her eyes.

'I wonder what's wrong with Seohyun noona..' Sehun pouted as he mumbled to himself, 'Hyung deul, do you guys know?' Sehun asked.

'I think there's something wrong with her.' Kyungsoo and Chanyeol said at the same time, after the others all shrugged.

The others all perked up upon the two's statement, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol just looked at each other with a weird face and shrugged. 'I think something's wrong with her, it's not just some normal "aftermath" of something bad.' Chanyeol said, looking at Kyungsoo, 'I've got the exact same feeling.'

'Maybe it's because Jongin's not here? He's gone to school to take something, he said that himself.' Tao guessed, Kyungsoo shook his head,' No no, it can't be something as simple as that. She would've gotten over that a long time ago, but there's something seriously wrong with her.'

'But I think it has something to do with Jongin, the two of them have been acting weird around us these few days, have you noticed?' Chanyeol stated while the rest realized.


Seohyun leaned against the door as she sat on the floor, staring out the window just a few feets away. She sighed again as she felt her stomach grumble. She ignored it and buried her face into her palms, trying her best to calm herself down as much as possible.

Is what I saw... True?

That same question ran round her mind continously, she couldn't find the right answer to this specific question, all she could do was to stay calm as much as possible, trying her best to get that topic out of her mind.

-Flashback-

The day they were still trapped at the warehouse, when Minjung held Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Taeyeon and her captive. Seohyun found out or so she thought, something important, something that broke her heart. Remember 'her' phone that was lying on the floor.

Well, technically, it wasn't hers.

It was Taeyeon's.

Seohyun pressed the home button as the screen lit up, the next thing she saw shocked her, but she didn't have time to ponder over that, all she knew then was to get her and her friends out of there. She had mistaken Taeyeon's phone for hers, that phone with the lime green cover belong to Taeyeon, the lime green cover used to be a friendship item between Seohyun and Taeyeon.

Taeyeon's lock screen wallpaper was a picture of her and Kai, they were being intimate, hugging and Kai holding the phone, taking the picture.

Seohyun let out a frustrated sigh, she badly wanted to tell someone about this, she wanted to ask Taeyeon and Kai if that was true; Kai cheating on her with Taeyeon. Everything was a mess in her mind, she didn't know what to do. She just wanted to fall asleep, into a deep sleep where she would never have to wake up ever again, to be dead.

Everyone was worried about her, she knows that clearly herself, but she can't do anything about it. All she could do was ask herself if Kai was really cheating on her with Taeyeon.


'Oh? Seohyun-ah, are you okay?' Kris asked as Seohyun took a seat at the couch, 'Daehyun's gonna come back soon, I called him and he's worried, you have us, we'll stay with you for the meantime.' Chanyeol grinned before sitting down beside her on the couch.

'I...' Seohyun paused and debated in her mind if she should tell the guys about this. 'You?' Chen asked, looking at her with an eyebrow raised.

Seohyun took a deep breath, 'I think J-Jongin's c-cheat-ting o-on m-me,' Seohyun stuttered nervously as tears started o=pouring out uncontrollably as all the guy's eyes widened, 'Jongin wouldn't do this kind of thing, I promise, you must be thinking to much, okay?' Kyungsoo tried to calm Seohyun down but to no avail.

'That was what I-I thought a-actually, b-but I have evidence.' Seohyun's hands trembled as she placed the S4 of Taeyeon on the coffee table, the screen proudly showing the picture of the two, being intimate. Seohyun bit her lip, afraid that she'll cry once again.

Chanyeol grabbed the phone from the coffee table, 'H-how can he do this?!' He cursed under his breath as Seohyun closed her eyes and leaned back, trying to hold back the wave of tears. 'This can't be..' Kyungsoo's eyes were still wide and a hint of disappointment was clearly shown.

'I just don't understand why Taeyeon wants to do this. She just wants to see me defeated, she wants to take everything away from me, when I only had Kai, she wanted to take him away from me, now without him.. I guess you guys will be her next target.' Seohyun mumbled with her voice already cracking.

'Over my dead body,' Suho muttered sharply, 'I won't go with her, I swear.'

'Us too, we won't gang up with the devil to hurt the angel.' Sehun smiled at Seohyun determined.

Seohyun's heart swelled upon hearing the heart warming words from her closest friends, 'I guess you're all I have now,' 

Just then, her phone rang.

'Hello?' 'Jagiya! How are you doing? I haven't been visiting recently! I'm sowwie, I'll make it up! Should I go over tonight? I'll buy you delicious food!' 'Up to you, if you're tired doing something else, it's fine, you can stay at home to rest.' 'Anything for my baby, I'll go over, wait for me, okay? Loves, see ya later, jagi.'

Kai hung up as Seohyun just sighed.

'It was Jongin, wasn't it?' Chanyeol asked, Seohyun nodded, 'What are you gonna do about Taeyeon and Kai?' Jongdae asked.

'Can you guys promise me something?'

All of them nodded.

'Please don't tell Baekhyun about this, he'll be sad to know all those,' Seohyun pleaded, 'Until now, you're caring about him?' Chanyeol asked, shooting her a slight glare. 'I don't want him to be sad to know that his girlfriend had betrayed him for his best friend.'

'It's the exact same thing that's happening to you!' Kris exclaimed, shaking his head.

'I'm used to it anyway,'

That sentence hit everyone hard, they didn't know that was actually some cycle in Seohyun's life, maybe that's why she became this way.

'Pain changes people.' She mumbled.

'You really don't want to tell Baekhyun? From what I think, he will be even more devastated if he finds out that you hid this from him, so I suggest you tell him, Seohyun-ah.' Yixing said.

'That's why the caller ID shown Taeyeon's name instead of Seohyun's... I was too flustered that day to even recognize the caller ID.' Chanyeol realized as the puzzle pieces started forming in his mind, everything clicked into place and made sense.

 

'She's too much.'


Author's note;

Heyyy guys.

Check out my new story, starring you, Chanyeol and Lay.

It's called Peter Pan.