chapter 43;

Sheer Arrogance

His friends all looked at him with worry filled eyes. It was silent, so silent that you could hear a pin drop. He friends all glanced at each other, thinking of how to help him. But he was just blank, staring into the white wall in front, except that there was a picture frame hanging on the plain white wall. 

"Things are changing, and there's no denying that." Daehyun broke the silence and mentioned the obvious. Baekhyun was devastated and all you could see in his eyes were despair. "Hyung, tell me. Tell me what did I do wrong, where did it all go wrong?" He asked, pain evidently present in his breaking voice. Daehyun could only sigh as he looked at the pitiful boy across him. "It's not your fault, it's mine, for not being there for her and maybe, just maybe that's why she strayed away with the wrong people." Daehyun lowered his head as silence once again engulfed the room. 

"She promised me a lifetime, and now she's leaving?" Baekhyun's tears fell. It was the first time he cried after all these happened, he was in a mess but he tried to put up a strong frame. "I don't want her to leave... Hyung, please, please, save me. I'm dying without her, can't you see? Hyung, I'm begging you, I want her back." Baekhyun cried out, kneeling on the ground, begging Daehyun who couldn't do anything, to get Seohyun back by his side. "Please..." He whimpered as he fell onto to cold marble floor, weeping his heart out. 


Seohyun's mind was in a turmoil, thinking about Myungsoo's question from just now. She knew clearly she made a mistake that couldn't be corrected anyhow, but even so, there was no turning back. Yes, she had thought of aborting the baby, just solely because of the fact that she was still young, not married and had many things she wanted to do. But there was still a soft side to her, that was a life that she was dealing with, she can't just throw it away right? 

She felt a vibrate in her pockets and realized that it was a message from Daehyun. With trembling fingers, she opened it.

Jung Daehyun

I'm gonna kill you. You messed up Baekhyun so much he

tried to die just now. You know what? This isn't a joke

anymore. It may seem funny to you now that you have Nam

Woohyun & his small little gang of friends, but please 

realize that things are going south here. And for you stupid

information, it is because of you. 

                                                             21:14PM

 

Jung Daehyun

Come back now, or your little friends will be 

in trouble. You're welcome. 

                                                                                               21:15PM

 

Seohyun sighed deeply once more before changing paths to head down to her house. Correction, what used to be her house. Her head was hurting, she didn't know how to feel about this. Worried or sad, she didn't know at all.


After a few seconds of breathing in the crisp air, she took all her courage to knock on the door, hearing it click open after. The door swung open, and her eyes met his cold ones. What once was a bright cheerful pair of eyes, turned cold and distant. She didn't even bother to take her shoes off and just walked in, her eyes immediately meeting Daehyun's. 

"So you decided to come here just like the dog you are," Daehyun mocked heartlessly. "I guess I did," Seohyun smiled bitterly, trying her best to keep herself together. "I know I'm wrong but it's too late to change anything now, right?" The room was silent, the atmosphere was tense. "I gave you everything, despite so many ups and downs. But in the end, you chose to leave?" He asked, scoffing at his pathetic self that couldn't keep you by his side. 

"Yes, I did." She took a deep breath. 

Isn't it time to end this? He's suffering, I know. But I can't leave Woohyun, he has nothing. Nothing except for his friends and me. Baekhyun has everything. Woohyun can't lose anything anymore, he only has us. It hurts but I'll sacrifice for the ones I love. Woohyun was always there for me when I needed a friend, I'll be with him throughout this. It's going to be okay, everything is going to be okay.

"You hurt me in the past didn't you? Now it's my turn. But too bad that karma's a and I can't help it. I guess you just have to live your life after today—" A piercing sound resonated around the room and it shocked everyone. 

"It doesn't mean you can hurt him. I guess I brought you up wrongly, you're a shame to the Jung family, don't ever, ever step into this house ever again. You're not the sister I know anymore." Daehyun's hand retracted from her face, leaving a large red mark on her left cheek and stinging pain in her heart. 

"I'm sorry." She whispered as she turned and slammed the door behind her. 

"It's time to let go, Jung Seohyun." was all she told herself. 

She couldn't help but scoff at herself for not being able to find her own happiness.

Is it that hard? Finding your own happiness, your reason to live, is it that challenging? I've went through so much, so so much. And I can't even have a happy ending I always wanted. I've went through so many broken relationships, when can I truly smile without having any worries? It seems all so distant. What have I done to myself? I made everyone hate me. I thought Daehyun was always going to be there no matter what. He was, until I forced him out, just like Baekhyun and everyone else. 

I just wanted to help Woohyun out of his misery. I made this worse.

Her feet brought her to the club they were at that day, without thinking, she just went in. 


"Oh my god, did you go drinking!?" Myungsoo exclaimed, smelling alcohol from the girl stumbling in from the door, kicking off her flats. "You think so?" Seohyun started mumbling incoherent words, trying to make her way to her room. "Are you okay?" Myungsoo asked, clearly concerned. "Hyung! Woohyun hyung! Seohyun got drunk!" That was when Woohyun burst from his room with the rest, all shocked. 

Woohyun tried to get hold of her, but got pushed away instead. 

 

 

 

"Leave me alone, please. I've lost enough people for tonight..." She mumbled, locking the door behind her.