Chapter Two; Benevolent

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Two;  Benevolent (19/08/2013)

Benevolent: characterized by or expressing goodwill or kindly feelings.

'Hyung, she's pretty.' Jongin smirked as he nudged Baekhyun's side. 'I don't care.' Baekhyun remarked as he glanced at him. 'You look so normal on the outside but your heart is made of ice.' Sehun mumbled. 'Say, when does the classes start?' Joonmyun asked, 'I'm scared, hyung.' Kyungsoo muttered.

'Don't be, you pabo. There's nothing to be scared of.' Baekhyun stated. 'Yeah, you shouldn't be afraid, Baek.

All the people will be scampering off if you're continuing to give off that cold aura of yours. You'll never ever make any new friends, Baek.' Chanyeol said, slinging one arm over Baekhyun's shoulder.

'I don't need any new friends, I have you guys, that's enough trouble for me.' He said, coldly. 'Awww I thought this was going to be a sweet sentence before you said the last part. How are we trouble to you?' Chen added.

'In your dreams,' Baekhyun said before returning his attention to his phone. 'You guys are big time trouble to me.' He finished his sentence before taking a look at the folder and heading to his respective class. 'Hey, Baek! Wait up!' Chanyeol rushed up to him.


Daehyun kept quiet for a few seconds before speaking up. 'Baby? So what do you have in mind?' He snapped her out of her immerse thoughts. 'W-What? Oh, me? I'm not too sure. Just worried about those people's security and safety for the main time.'

'Same here. Let's just continue being normal. If anything dangerous happens then, we'll make a decision. Let's not fret about it anymore.' Daehyun sighed as he got up from the stairs. 'Let's go, baby. Class is about to start.' Daehyun pulled Seohyun up before giving her a quick peck on the forehead.

'See you during break or after school. I'll wait for you at the gate.'

Seohyun nodded before bidding her brother goodbye. 'See you too.'


Back to reality, shall we? 

Seohyun's devilish side surfaced once more. With her cold glare still on, she slowly proceeded to her locker with her hands in her pockets.

She was of course, sinking in her deep throughts again. She recalled, scanning through her waves of memories, she saw images of the boys. Everyone had a smile on their face, may it be a nervous or elated one.. Except for one.

His attention was on the phone, no matter when or where.

'What's so interesting about his goddamned phone compared to me?!' She hissed before slamming her locker door closed. The students around all gasped.

'Damn! You're going to tear down your locker one day if you slam it everyday.' Sooyoung smirked. 'What happened again, baby?' Hyoyeon asked, following the way Daehyun called you.

'Hey!' She snapped, getting irritated. 'Fine fine, sorry~ What's with you early in the morning?' She giggled.

'Some freaking person ignored me. Looking at his phone. Am I that unattractive? I don't think so.' She mumbled, caressing her cheek.

Sighing, she pulled out her phone and checked the time. 'I'll.. Go back.' She mumbled once more and balanced the stack of books on her arms.

Her best friends watched her silhouette slowly disppear into the hallways, watching her stumble and almost fall.

'What the heck happened to her early in the morning?' Tiffany asked, 'Let's stay out from her business once in a while. She needs a break.' Taeyeon sighed, being someone popular in a school was not as easy as you thought.

'Oh yes!' Sunny snapped her fingers, 'Have you heard? Those boys, they're here today.' She squeaked.

'Really? Why why, this is interesting.' Sooyoung smirked again.


Placing her books in a single stack on the ground, she slumped down onto the chair, groaning once more. 'Hey hey hey, what's wrong with you, girl?' Sunhwa asked as she slung an arm around Seohyun's shoulder.

'Nothing.' 'Then why is Princess sulking?' She questioned suspiciously. 'I'm not sulking,' Seohyu denied. 'Hey, you can't lie to me~ I've been sitting beside you for how many years already?' Sunhwa rolled her eyes.

Seohyun sighed as she rested herself on the table, 'I'm fortunate to get a seat in the corner, huh?' Seohyun asked, smirking. 'Yeah, so the teachers wouldn't catch you sleeping like a pig!' She exclaimed, tickling  your sides.

'So, Princess, what's wrong? Care to share? I'm all ears!' She beamed.

'You know there's these group of boys coming to our school. Like, right now?' Sunhwa nodded, 'There's this boy... Large eyes, cute face. Yup, I was talking and he just played his freaking phone. Nope, not even looking at me a single moment!' Seohyun was about to pull her hair out.

'You know clearly how I care about those stuffs you know?! KYAHH. I'm going insane!' You made a face and fell back onto the table, 'I don't want to care anymore.' You sighed.

Sunhwa shook her head, 'You you you. I don't know what to do to you! You're so cute!' She chuckled.

'Teacher's here!' Seohyun whispered.


Mrs Lee set down the book on her table before turning towards the class, 'As all of you might know, we have new students transferred over. Please do take care of them and make them feel at home.' She said before turning to the door, nodding her head to signal for the students to come in.

Trailing in was a group of five boys; one with brown hair, a little right dimple with he smiled, a tall one with a set of pearly white teeth, another with large eyebags and brown hair, another with blonde and sharp eyes, the other with a lighter shade of blonde, tall with a cute look.

'Please do a simple introduction, anything will do.' Mrs Lee smiled lightheartedly at them.

'Hello! I'm Lay, you can call me Yixing too! Nice to meet you~' 'Hiiiii. My name's Chanyeol! Park Chanyeol. I'm a cheerful person, so I hope you'll be my friend!' 'Hello people! I'm the Panda Tao, as you can see I have large eyebags, but they're natuaral. Please take care of me!' 'Name's Kai, or Jongin, Kim Jongin, whichever you want. Thank you.'

The girls in the class squealed delightly at the gorgeous boys around the school. 'Sad that the rest of the hyungs aren't in the same class.' Seohyun heard the tallest on whisper to the dimple one.

'Wait. That dimple guy. Lay? Yixing?' Seohyun questioned as she nudged Sunhwa. 'Yeah, why? Finally interested in someone?' She smirked. 'No! The name sounds familiar, I'll go ask for his full name later on..' She muttered.

'They're good looking, aren't they?' Sunhwa asked, eyeing the colder one among the rest. 'I think he has a similar personailty you know. You two might match well..' She mumbled to herself.

'Keep your mouth shut!' Seohyun hissed.

'HAN SUNHWA!' Mrs Lee shouted from the front of the classroom, allowing Seohyun to glare at the teacher.

'That girl in the corner... She's pretty, but why is so so mean?...'  Lay thought to himself, but just shrugged it off. Looking at Seohyun's merciless glare, Kai smirked unknowingly, 'This girl's interesting.'

'Sunhwa, you pack your stuff and come here, you're going to have a seat switch.' The teacher commanded. 'Hey! It's not fair!' She complained, 'One more complain and you're going to the principal's office.'

'She's seating with the principal's daughter!' Seohyun hollered as she pointed to herself, smirking victoriously. 'Have you forgotten, Mrs Lee?'

'Don't abuse your authority, Miss Jung. Han Sunhwa, come up here now. Jongin-sshi, please go and sit there instead.' Mrs Lee said, gesturing towards the empty seat beside Seohyun. 'Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Kai, Kim Jongin.' He greeted.

'Nice to meet you too, I'm Jung Seohyun, the principal's daughter.'


Seohyun was cold and arrogant, but she still had to study, doesn't she?

Taking down whatever notes she had to, she glanced at Kai,who was paying utmost attention and all ears to the teacher, taking down notes at the same time.

She yawned for the umpteenth time and finally wanted to give up on straining her eyes, deciding to take a short nap, she faced the window and was absorbed in the serene surroundings, slowly falling into Dreamland.


'Seohyun! YAHHH WAKE UP!' Someone shook Seohyun vigorously and she woke up in a state of shock. 'W-what?' She asked, all in a blur.

'You fell asleep throughout?! I can't believe you're sitting next to Kai, omg.' Sunhwa exclaimed, making a face at Seohyun. 'I'm still tired, you know.' She mumbled, going back to her beloved table.

'It's break, you can eat while you sleep now.' Sunhwa joked.

'Hey, what's this?' Sunhwa asked, tapping your shoulder. 'I can't believe I'm separated from you!' She whined.

You took the pieces of foolscap papers from her hands which were attached together. There was a piece of sticky note on it;

Dear Seohyun-sshi,

It's Kai here. I saw you uhh, falling asleep and I couldn't

bear to wake you up since you were sleeping so peacefully.

Mrs Lee told us there was going to be a end-of-term examination at of course,

the end of the term. So she wants us to prepare. Failers, will need to

clean up the gym. Hehe ^^

I was afraid you'll miss the important notes so I took them down for you.

If you need anymore or even tuition,

feel free to find me (:

I'll always be there. You need my phone number? Oh man, nevermind.

Here; 006-345-778

Cheers!

Kim Jongin, Kai ;)

'OMO! He took down notes for you! 'I'll always be there' Aw! So sweet of him! Seems like he's not such a cold guy, huh?' Sunhwa winked. 'Oh shut it. I'm hungry. Buy me a drink, I'll copy new notes for him since he gave me his..' Seohyun mumbled.

Yawning again, Seohyun started copying the notes diligently, waiting Sunhwa to come back with her drink.

A thought suddenly barged through the doors of her mind, 'Yixing, Yixing.. Yi..Xing? Lay? What a stupid name. Yixing.' She muttered.

She suddenly thought of another thing.