Chapter Twenty; Impetuous

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Twenty; Impetuous

impetuous; acting or done quickly and without thought or care.

Chanyeol's eyebrows knitted together.

'What?' He asked, hinting for Seohyun to repeat what she had said earlier.

'I said, let's get married.' She repeated.

Chanyeol gasped. 'You have Jongin, why do you want to do this?' He asked firmly.

Seohyun shrugged.

'I guess you're just tired, just take a rest and you'll probably be shocked yourself at what you just said a while ago. I believe that was just a moment of foolishness, I'll take it as I've never heard it. So, go rest now.' Chanyeol commanded as he pointed to the bed.

Seohyun sighed, 'I can't...'

A grin crept up Chanyeol's face, 'If you can't sleep, I'll sleep! I'm so tired!' He yawned as he plopped himself down onto the bed, stretching before closing his eyes. Seohyun pouted as she saw Chanyeol taking over her place with his gigantic body. 'Yah!'

'Sharing is caring!' Chanyeol retorted.

Seohyun stuck her tongue out at Chanyeol before lying down beside him on the bed, both of them stared at the ceiling until Chanyeol broke the silence.

'What are you intending to you about that?'

'That? You mean Taeyeon..?'

Chanyeol nodded and bit his lip, awaiting for the important answer that might determine Taeyeon's life and death. 'I'll go find her. I'll get her out of there, I'm sure of that.' Seohyun said with a hint of determination in her sore voice.

Just then, the doorbell rang multiple times.

Seohyun cursed under her breath as she got up hastily, trudging to the door as the doorbells sounded every second. She opened the door, preparing to chid the person at the disturbance late in the night.

'Who is it- Oh? Baekhyun, why-'

She couldn't finish her sentence, the person she saw was Baekhyun, the person she had been dreading to see these few days.

Baekhyun grabbed her by the collar and pinned her against the wall.

'Where is Taeyeon noona?' He asked with his eyes piercing into Seohyun like daggers.

'Let go of her, Byun Baekhyun!' Kai growled as he ripped Baekhyun's hands of Seohyun before she came gasping for air, coughing badly as Kai tried to calm her down with her tears already welling up.

The whole clique was there, everyone except of course, Taeyeon.

Baekhyun glared at Kai, 'I'll ask you once more, where's Taeyeon noona?!' Baekhyun shouted aggressively.

'Calm down, Baek.' Chanyeol said as he came down to see what the commotion was all about. 'How?! Taeyeon's in danger! I have to save her from crazy people like her before it gets any worse!' He shrieked. 'Tell me where is she! You don't have to hide anything anymore! Jongin told all of us! We know it all!'

Seohyun glanced at Kai, who looks back with an apologetic look on his face.

'Did you really do it?' Yixing asked. 'Not you too,' Seohyun mumbled as she looked at Lay, disappointed, of course. 'I just want to know the truth, did you really do it? Just to get back at Taeyeon? For what she did to you?' Yixing asked once again.

'I didn't do it. It wasn't me.' Seohyun said, 'Stop lying will you?! Your acting skills can't surpass anyone here!' Baekhyun protested.

Seohyun was in a total mess.

'I said I really didn't do it! I'm not lying! Do you want me to prove it to you?!' Seohyun asked, agitated. 'Oh, really?' Baekhyun asked sarcastically. 'I'll prove it to you, right now.' Seohyun said between clenched teeth and held back tears.

'Oh, sure thing. I'll be sitting here, watching what you'll do next.'

'Can you leave us to talk? Please, guys.' Seohyun mumbled, looking at the 3 guys standing there, not knowing what to do. 'Sure thing. Baekhyun, don't be too aggresive. Heard what I said?' Kai warned before Lay pulled him out of the house with Chanyeol.

'We have nothing to say,' Baekhyun growled as he glared at Seohyun.

'Can you not jump into conclusions? I really didn't do it!' Seohyun protested.

'How would I know? Maybe you're just another wolf in a sheep's clothing. I know you hate Taeyeon noona,' Baekhyun said, sighing.

'She didn't take me away from you, it was I, who wanted to be with her, just let her go! We can't be together, we're not possible!' Baekhyun cried out, his glassy eyes peering over Seohyun, his voice softening, his attitude changing totally.

'What is it in me that you hate so much? Maybe even to your bones, why? Just why? Am I not good enough for you? It's hard to even be my friend, isn't it?' Seohyun scoffed sadly, biting her lip to stop the tears from flowing out.

'You don't like to interact with other people, do you know that? You didn't bother to get to know us better and it's just the cold aura that I've been receiving from you, isn't it?' Baekhyun asked.

'Pain changes people.'

'What do you mean by that? Did anything happen?' Baekhyun asked eagerly.

'I used to like Yixing, but he left, I was alone and was a kid in depression back then. I guess it was the reason I didn't want to know anymore people. Because I was afraid that they would leave me one by one, I'll be left alone again in the end, buried in the memories.' Seohyun mumbled sadly, shrugging.

'If you don't let Taeyeon go, I'll be the one in depression, the one suffering. Don't forget, she's still your good friend that had been with you all along. 

We're really impossible.'

'I guess so. But all along these time, the only thing that kept me holding on is the thought of what we could be, but I guess it'll just stay the dream of mine, forever an always.'

Silence engulfed the room.

'Just say you hate me. That will do. Everything will go back to normal after that. I'll just simply disappear from your world.'

'I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.'

Seohyun scoffed.

'Believe it or not, I'm not the one who did this, but whatever it takes, I'm going to get her back for you.'

Seohyun got up from the couch and wrote down something on a little piece of post it with a pen.

 

To whoever is reading this;

If I'm not back by tomorrow,

call the police.

Seohyun.

She placed it perfectly on the table top, she took off her bracelet.

The bracelet that Yixing got for her when they were young, the same bracelet she wore the day Kai went to school with her the first day they were a couple.

She placed it carefully on top of the post it.

Grabbing her phone, she slid it into her back pocket, turning around once last time.

She seemed to take a photo with her eyes, afraid that she'll never see it again.

She looked at Baekhyun who was already staring at her intently.

'I don't know if meeting you was right or wrong. But what I know is that I've been happy. Thank you, Baek Puppy.' Seohyun smiled sadly and walked out.

 

There was this force that wanted Baekhyun to go after her to make sure everything would be alright, but another part of him was denying, not wanting to move at all. He stopped by the door, hesitating a little.

 


 

Seohyun ran across the streets, the bright street lights illuminating her face as beads of perspiration rapidly trickled down her forehead.

I've got to find her, get her out of there before anything happens to her. Otherwise, Baekhyun will hate me, maybe even to his bones.

She banged on the door profusely, hoping that Minjung would change her mind and let Taeyeon go, despite of what had happened.

'Seohyun? Come in, it's going to rain soon.' She spoke in a soft tone, which made Seohyun quiver in suspicion. 'What's wrong? Did anything happen?'

 

'Seohyun-ah!'

 

A voice echoed from behind.

 

 

'Baekhyun?'


Sorry for not updating! T_T

But before that, poll time! ^^