Chapter Three; Reminiscence

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter 3; Reminiscence (19/08/2013)

Reminiscence: the act or process of recalling past events, experiences.

Staring out the window, you recalled many of your childhood times.

Flashback.

'Come and catch me!' You wailed excitedly as you flailed your arms around, waiting for the little boy behind you to catch up. 'You're so slow!' You complained before stopping, however.. You did not know he was dashing and WHOOSH! You bumped into him and the two of you fell onto the ground.

'WAHHH UMMA!' You cried out loud before looking at the boy with teary eyes, 'Aigoo! Ottoke?' He looked around helplessly before he dug into his pocket, fishing out a packet of tissues.

You scraped your knee and it was bleeding profusely.

The little boy took out a little piece of tissue, you soon giggled as you saw the tiny little blue unicorns on the tissues.

'You like the little unicorns? My mummy bought it for me in China!' He exclaimed, waving the little tissues in your face. You nodded as you grinned from ear to ear. 'Here, I'll use these cute tissues to clean up your boo boo. Now take a deeeeeeppppp breath and say, 'I love Yixing.' 5 times.' He chuckled.

'Eh? 'I love Yixing'? Why? Isn't Yixing, you?' You asked, he nodded. 'Yes, it's me you pabo! Of course it's me! Say you love me! And when we growwwww up together, we will love each other, get married and have little Yixings and Seohyuns! We will then live happily ever after!' He giggled, looking up at you.

'Here, all done! Seohyunnie's boo boo is all better.' Yixing smiled, his right dimple appearing.

'Thank you! I love you, Yixing.'


Seohyun and Yixing were childhood friends. Knowing each other better then themselves, they were the bestest friends. They grew up together since they were in diapers. Learning together, eating together,  living together, playing together..

They did almost everything together.

Memories.. They treasured every moment they had together.

But.. The bestest of friends, have to separate one day.

Yixing and his family had to return to China for family business, Seohyun on the other hand, had to go to Canada for further studies.

For almost 10 years, they did not get to see nor contact each other. And soon enough.. They forgot each other's existence until..

That day when he reappeared in her life.


'Hey! Hey? Seohyun! EARTH TO SEOHYUN!' Sunhwa snapped her fingers in her face as she snapped back into reality. 'Why were you mumbling throughout and why were you so dazed?' Sunhwa asked, 'N-nothing. I'm done, I'll pass it to him, come on, let's go. Sorry for making you run here and there.' Seohyun apologized before dragging Sunhwa with her to the cafeteria, the notes in her other hand.

Upon seeing the crowd, she immediately sensed that the boys were there. 'You shouldn't go there, it's dangerous, Seohyun-ah.' Sunhwa murmured as she tugged on the hem of your shirt.

'I have too,'

Seohyun inched cautiously to the table, other students who saw her, whispered and scurried away almost immediately.

But some other girls who were in the popular gang of daring girls, of course, stayed and clung onto the boys. 'Well well well, look what we have here. Isn't it Seohyun?' One of them asked, her arms clinging onto Chanyeol who seemed irritated.

'Um, Kai-sshi. Here's your notes, t-thank you for just now, sorry for troubling you.' Seohyun mumbled, stuttering a little. 'It's okay, you're welcomed! You look pretty when you were sleeping so I didn't want to wake you.' He chuckled as Seohyun blushed.

Seohyun handed him the notes. 'Flirt.' The girl mumbled, still clunging onto Kai. 'What did you say?' Seohyun asked, her devilish side being activated.

'I said you're a flirt.' She emphasized. 'Oh really? Look at where you and your friends are placing your hands on. Get off and back away.' Seohyun hissed.

'They're not yours.' She complained once more. 'Not yours either. But the school's mine.' Seohyun smirked, the girl finally let go unwillingly. 'I'll get back at you.' The girl snapped. 'Let's see how long you can stay, I'm counting.' Seohyun smirked in victory once more.

'Thank you so much!' A boy with big eyes thanked. 'You're welcomed. I'm just returning a favour, you should thank him instead.' Seohyun smiled cheekily.

'So how's the campus?' Seohyun asked, 'Awesome, I love the interior and it's great.' Chanyeol grinned. 'Thank you, my brother designed the place and all those things. You should get to know him! I'll introduce him to you guys next time.'

'That'll be great!' Kris cheered.

'So I'll see you around? Enjoy your time here!' Seohyun bowed and left. 

'Wow. It's the first time Seohyun had been so polite. She wouldn't even talk on normal occasions.'

'I know. She's acting weird. Did something happen?'

'From what I know, I smell something ratty.'

The boys heard the the whispers from the other students all around, but shrugged it off.

'Baek, can you just talk? You're being rude.' Luhan reminded. 'I don't want to.' 'You're not socializing at all.' Tao complained.

'None of your business.'

'Hey, what's that girl's name again?' Lay asked, eyeing Seohyun from afar. 'Seohyun.' Kris said before pushing a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

 

 

 

'Seohyun? She seems so familiar. But I don't know from where... I'm sure I know her.'