chapter 44;

Sheer Arrogance

Heyhey, before this chapter begins, please read this short author's note from me, it's really important to me.

I'm currently contemplating on disabling the comments sections for this story. Why, you might ask. I've been thinking about this issue for a very long time, because the comments just got lesser and lesser. I wanted to not talk about it because it might not seem like a big deal to any of you but it is to me, but I just stayed quiet for some time before I decided to speak up about this topic again. It's because I don't see the means of having the comments section anymore. I thought it was supposed to be there to encourage the author, talk about how and what you feel about the chapter after you read it, but apparently it's not the situation for mine. I have over 10 000 people reading but only that little bit comments. I've been thinking to just remove it for some time since there's practically no use for it to be there anymore nowadays.

I might seem like an whatnot but yeah, I've been thinking about it but I don't even think anyone will comment about this too so yeah. It's just that I put so much effort into one whole chapter, so I don't leave you hanging right there (I know it ) I take about 4-5 hours just to finalize and edit the whole story even though there are mistakes here and there, it's because I'm really tired. Some of you might think it's unfair because I'm not updating for so long and it only happens once in a blue moon. That's because I have a life outside of AFF aswell, mind you. I'm really busy with school and extra activities, I've been going overseas as well. It's just really hectic to keep up with both. I really hope all of you will understand and if you can, please give your views about this too. Enjoy the short chapter! 


 

"Hyung, please. I'm begging you." 

Baekhyun was momentarily stunned. He didn't think it would turn out this way at all, because she was a strong girl he had known for so long. "I know. I know she just wants to help Woohyun hyung by faking her feelings but do you really think it's going to help him? I know it's not going to. Hyung, please. Please help her."

 

Baekhyun pondered on what the younger had told him just now, and all started making sense soon. Seohyun didn't expect the baby at all, she wanted to get rid of it even. But she knew clearly, even he did, that she didn't have the heart to do it. After all, it's a life that was hanging on the line. Moreover, Seohyun loved kids. He started feeling bitter, remembering how bad Daehyun was to her, maybe even when he knew she was lying to help Woohyun. He knew clearly, she was the type of person that would sacrifice her own happiness just for someone else to be happy. 

He realized that she grew up.

And the fact that he wanted her back.


She sat alone. On the cold marble floor of the empty hallway. She scoffed at herself, it was as empty as her heart now. She was so empty, just like a shell of what used the be the happy version of her that lit up Baekhyun's life. She knows, everything has been torn out of her, and she can't right herself no more.

She no longer had any feelings for Woohyun, she clearly knew that those were just temporary and not real at all. It was only that one person all along, that person none other than Byun Baekhyun.

She was numb, numbed by her own stupid actions. Her body blocked out any other excess noise and the next thing was, feeling someone shake her from the side. "Noona, are you okay?" It turned out to be Myungsoo, who strayed away from the rest of the group and came home alone to look after Seohyun. "Noona.." He mumbled, witnessing teardrops falling out of his best friend's eyes. "Ya, what happened?" Myungsoo didn't waste a second and pulled Seohyun into a hug. 

"Myungsoo-ah, I—" Her sentence was interrupted by Myungsoo shushing her, "Noona, I know, Myungsoo knows what you're thinking. Hey, we've been best friends for so long, do you think I still don't understand you enough? You idiot." Myungsoo chuckled, running his long fingers through her honey brown hair. "I know you're doing this for Woohyun hyung, and that you can't bear to abort the baby." He murmured into her ear. "It's okay, noona. Everything will be fine, the thing is, you have me! I'll be here." Myungsoo calmed her down. 


Seohyun didn't waste a single second and stepped into that café, yearning to see the love of her life after such a long and heartbreaking separation. She was walking with flats now, heels no more. The thing was, she changed entirely. Solely on the fact that she's aware that she was carrying a life inside of her and she had to be careful. She was changing completely from a badass teenage girl to a warm and caring mom-to-be. 

"Seohyun.." Baekhyun managed to whisper out as they made eye contact. "Myungsoo told me," Baekhyun said, breaking the painfully awkward atmosphere. Seohyun was shocked, but somehow comforted upon hearing the piece of news because it means that Baekhyun still believes her. "Yeah," she replied, not really sure what to say. "All I have to say is that you should seriously stop giving s about other people's happiness that much, because it's hurting me. Please, Seohyun. For once, just listen to me, will you? You have to start caring about your own happiness, because that's what you live on. You need to have the motivation to do everything, and that motivation, comes from the amount of happiness you have. But you aren't trying to be happy at all." Baekhyun paused, gazing at her. She, too, realized that he was right. Her apologetic eyes were staring into her cup of orange juice sitting in front of her. 

"You have to spare a thought for yourself too, please. I want you to be happy, because I love you. Please Seohyun, please, I'm begging you." Baekhyun pleaded, looking into her eyes. "Yes, I am still deeply in love with you after all this time. I love you, Jung Seohyun. And there's no denying that at all." 

"Me too." The girl mumbled.

"I don't mind you keeping the baby. Because I understand that you don't have the heart to take away the life of the unborn baby. I know you love kids. I know, okay? But I want you to be happy too, and the baby to be happy by having a complete family." Baekhyun grumbled, sighing shortly. "And how am I going to do that?" Seohyun desperately muttered, slightly scoffing at her pathetic self. 

"Right now, I'm telling you, I'm willing to let you go. Just because I want you to be happy. And right now the only way to do that is for the baby to be happy, because I know you. For the baby and you to be happy, he needs to have a complete family, and that is with Woohyun-sshi. As much as I don't want to let you go, I really genuinely want you to be happy. I know you inside out, Seohyun-ah. You've always dreamt of having a warm and happy family, didn't you?"

She nodded, tears b continuously. 

Baekhyun sighed as his heart clenched at his foolish decision, but he knew deep inside that it was indeed for the best. And it was what he could only do for her after such a long period of hurt he brought upon her.

 

"Then I am willing to make that sacrifice for you. Because I love you."