Chapter Twenty Five

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Twenty Five; (10/11/2013)

Seohyun held the warm mug in between her palms, blowing slightly to cool down the hot coffee in it. 'He's going to reach in ten minutes,' Kris said as he placed his phone down on the coffee table, the boys all looked at Seohyun as the expression of her face started turning sour. 'I told Jongin not to come today..'

'It was Baekhyun.' He corrected, smirking a little, 'What?!'.

'You're going to tell him whatever and that's it, okay?' Kris continued before walking to the kitchen, opening the fridge and taking out a can of fizzy drink. 'Should I just come clean with him?..' Seohyun asked Sehun who was sitting in front of her, 'That's the best thing you could do for him, noona. Trust me, he'll thank you for that, I know him well. And if I were him, I would be grateful too.' Sehun assured Seohyun.

'What should I tell him? I can't be too straighforward, right?' Seohyun asked, gently placing her mug onto the coffee table, 'I don't even think I should tell him..' She cringed at the thought of Baekhyun frowning, tears welling up already. 'Just talk to him, you guys are in the same situation, am I not right?' Yixing asked in a matter-of-factly tone.


'So! What did you want to tell me?' Baekhyun asked as he beamed brightly, 'Hey, did you kinda notice that the boys are all acting weird when I came? Where are they going anyway?' Baekhyun asked innocently, looking at Seohyun with those pair of doe eyes, Seohyun mentally facepalmed herself, how am I going to do this?!

'Yeahh, about that.. They are actually quite, weird. I'm not sure about where they're going though.' Seohyun shrugged as she fake smiled at Baekhyun.

Those guys are so dead when they come back.

Well, apparently, the guys left for ice cream when Baekhyun came, so that Seohyun could talk to him in private. Oh gosh, they don't know how she was feeling at that moment. She was frantic.

'Are you feeling better though? Does it still hurt?' Baekhyun asked as he placed the photoframe with Kai and Seohyun's picture down, back on the table top. 'Much better than when I was stabbed, of course. I still can't do vigorous exercises, that'll hurt, a lot.' Seohyun shrugged.

'That's good to hear, Kris hyung told me you had something to say? What is it?' Baekhyun asked, making Seohyun's heart thump a thousand times faster than usual.

'Please don't kill me after this, I have something to show you..' Seohyun mumbled as she took out Taeyeon's phone, 'Hey, isn't that Taeyeon noona's phone? Why do you have it?' Baekhyun asked, cocking his head to one side. 'I... You have to see something.' Seohyun stopped herself from explaining before she pressed the home button, the screen lighting up...

Seohyun looked at Baekhyun, her heart pounding.

Baekhyun's face was expressionless but somehow, Seohyun could see the glint of sadness in his eyes when he looked up and made eye contact with Seohyun, faking a smile.  'I'm okay, don't have to look at me in that way, you know.' He scoffed slightly, turning his head away.

A lone tear tickled down before he wiped it away with his hand.

'Do you want to return this to Taeyeon?' Seohyun asked, 'Nah, it's okay. You can do it yourself.' Baekhyun muttered, pushing the phone closer to Seohyun.

Seohyun fumbled with her fingers, nothing was heard, it was silent.

Real pain, doesn't mean you have to cry out loud,

but instead, it's the silence. When someone

stays silent, doesn't do anything.. the pain

in his heart, is unexplainable.

That was something Daehyun told Seohyun a few years ago, that was what was happening to Baekhyun. He's suffering alone, he was obviously trying to keep his feelings all bottled up inside him.

'Jongin's a bad person, do you know that?' Seohyun's voice cracked a little as Baekhyun nodded with a sad smile, 'Was he lying to me all along?' 'I don't know. Maybe he was like Taeyeon noona, faking their feelings.' Baekhyun shrugged. 'What are you gonna do about this?' Baekhyun asked Seohyun.

'Forget this relationship ever happened and forget him.' Seohyun said, Baekhyun could quite feel the hint of devastation in her sentence.

'And you... Stop trying to hold it in, I know you're sad, very very sad. Just cry and do whatever you want, I don't mind, it's okay for me.' Seohyun mumbled. Baekhyun scoffed sadly, 'How can she do that? She knows clearly that I love her much more than anything else... Why did she do that? Of all the people, why Jongin?!' Baekhyun shouted in fury after he stood up, throwing Taeyeon's phone onto the floor.

Seohyun just closed her eyes; History is replaying itself, and it's happening to me once again, this time Baekhyun got in it too.

Baekhyun fell onto the floor, sobbing like it's the end of the world, letm e show you thru this gif.. cuz I can't really explain the whole thing to you, you know what I mean?

Seohyun's heart ached upon seeing Baekhyun so disappointed, she rushed forward and sat next to him, pulling him into a warm embrace. She hooked her hands around Baekhyun's neck, running her delicate fingers through his soft, brown locks. He continued sobbing as he wrapped his arms around Seohyun's waist, resting his head on Seohyun's shoulders, burying her face in her hair, crying his feelings out.

His tears were obviously soaking her top, but she couldn't care less.

All she wanted that moment, was for him to calm down and of course, stop being so sad.


'Let's go,' Baekhyun called out as he tied his shoelaces, 'She's not done yet, hyung, wait a little more.' Sehun pleaded, tapping his foot impatiently too. Seohyun tied her hair up within seconds into a simple ponytail before tightening the tie once more, she checked her overall look and nodded in satisfaction.

'I'm coming!' Seohyun hollered from the stairs as she scurried down, slipping some notebooks into her backpack, slinging it over her shoulder. 'Let's go, we're getting late already.' Kris commanded as Seohyun shut the door behind her, locking it before catching up with the rest.

'Where's Jongin?' She didn't forget to ask that question, 'It's been a week since you last seen him, am I right?' Chen asked, 'Precisely,'

'You.. Haven't told him you knew?' Yixing asked, raising an eyebrow at Seohyun.

'She's not gonna believe what's on the photo, I kinda agree, cause it doesn't proof anything, right, Baekhyun?' Tao nudged Baekhyun before Baekhyun jolted up and nodded apprehensively, while Chanyeol just walked silently behind them.


The students started their gossiping once EXO, without Kai and Seohyun stepped into the school. They didn't think it was anything weird, well, cause they've been missing in action for almost a month now. The kidnapping, the injuries, the recoveries, all those took time, and may I add, a lot.

However, they finally knew why,

when they saw Taeyeon and Kai in the middle of the hallways,

kissing.

Seohyun's breath was ripped from her lungs and the air was thick as she gasped.
She felt crowed in her skin and sweat followed by cold chills plagued her.
Seohyun's eyes stung with anguish as tears streamed her cheeks it tickled and itched as they dried.
Her stomach felt as though it was tied in knots and pangs of shuddering wracked her body.
A pressure built in her chest and her heart felt as though it would burst with emotion.

The next thing she knew was seeing Baekhyun rush forward, engaging in a heated fight with Kai.

Then her head started spinning, everything started going blurry and then it all went black.


Seohyun opened one eye timidly, the sharp and piercing light blinding her. She groaned and apparently attracted the attention of the person sitting next to her bed, 'You're up, finally.' A familiar deep voice greeted her, she blinked several times and saw that same baby faced boy that she liked a lot.

'What happened? Where am I?'

'You're in the nurses' room cause you fainted and umm.. Kai and Baekhyun got beaten up pretty bad and they're sent to the discipline mistress' room for interrogation.' Chanyeol said, sighing.

 

'Where's Taeyeon?'


Seohyun knocked on the door of the detention room, 'Excuse me, teacher. May I have a word with her?' Seohyun politely asked, shocking the teacher momentarily, for the huge change of her personailty. 'Oh sure, no problem. Can you take care of the three of them for a while, maybe? I have to go somewhere.' Seohyun nodded before the teacher excused himself.

'Kim Taeyeon, what did you do?' Seohyun asked through clenched teeth as she gripped hard onto the seat beside Taeyeon. 'Hyun-ah, calm down, don't be rash, or else you'll end up like us, stuck in detention for the rest of the freaking week.' Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he warned.

'Well, I practically stole your boyfriend, again.' She smirked and said.

'You're too much, why are you doing this? Seeing your loved ones suffer? Oh great, you sadistic person.' Seohyun rolled her eyes, 'I wanna see you suffer, even if it means taking my life away. I've hated you eveer since.. Oh, I don't know. Well, seeing you makes me wanna puke.'

'Well then it's definitely my pleasure to have to honor to dig out your eyeballs?' Seohyun asked with a sarcastic smile on her face. 'You didn't really love Baekhyun, right?'

'Well, of course, who would?'

'You should've learned to treasure him, just so you know, I wanted him more than anyone else,' Seohyun said as she clenched her fists, 'If you like him, I'll back off. But remember what you said, Kim Taeyeon. I'll protect him, no matter what it takes, I will.' Seohyun made a vow and slung her backpack over her shoulders,

 

 

'Oh yes, I'm not done with you yet, Kim Jongin.'