Chapter Twenty One; Indefatigability

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Twenty One; Indefatigability

indefatigability; unable to be tired out, unflagging.

Minjung's eyes widened to the maximum.

'So, you're with him?' Minjung asked in disbelief, she scoffed before biting her lip, tears already welling up in her eyes.

'I thought you could understand me. How foolish of me. Why did you lie to me? You should've said that you did know him, you were somehow related to him, I see.'

She paused as silence started eating her from inside out.

'Guys? Do your job,' With a simple sentence, a few bulky henchmen appeared with bats and wooden sticks.

',' Baekhyun cursed before dodging a wooden stick that one man swung.

'Sorry, Seohyun-ah. I knew this was coming, I must really thank Taeyeon.' She smirked before disppearing down the road, leaving the two of them surrounded by the henchmen.

'The girl's still inside, eh?' A man nudged the other, with a sly smirk on his face.

Something seemed to click in Seohyun's mind, her eyes immediately widened.

'Don't you dare touch her!' Seohyun shouted at them menacingly. 'It's not time yet, for you to talk here, girlie! Save yourself before you care about the one inside!' He shouted back at her before waving a bat at her.

'Baekhyun! NO!'

Little did she know Baekhyun would come for her, not to say protect her and shield her from anything that would come her way. Baekhyun fell onto the gorund, unconscious, blood trickling down his head continuously.

Her fingers trembled as she reached out to touch his pale face.

'Baekhyun, you can't leave just like that! ! You still have Taeyeon unnie!' She lifted his head onto her lap as she cried a river of heated tears.

'Aw, what a sweet scene to watch but I guess he isn't your boyfriend, huh? Such a sad ending you're gonna have. Goodbye girlie.' He smirked before aiming straight at Seohyun's head.

'Yah!' She ducked from the bat as she fought back.

But obviously, she was overpowered.

She knew she was alone this time round, no one would help her. Not even Kai.

She fought back aimlessly, but she got hit in the head in the matter of seconds before blacking out beside Baekhyun.

'Tie them up with the other girl.'


'Hyung! What's this?' Sehun asked as he held up a pink sticky note from the table top, Seohyun's bracelet in his other hand tightly.

'To whoever is reading this; If I'm not back by tomorrow, call the police, Seohyun.' Kris read out loud after he snatched the sticky note from Sehun's hand.

'Give me that!' Kai yelled as he too, snatched the bracelet from Sehun's hand.

'Ohmygod!' Kyungsoo screeched.

'Don't tell me... Baekhyun is with them too!' Chanyeol blurted.

'Let's call the cops! Oh no..' Kyungsoo muttered agitatedly.

'It hasn't been 24hours since she left, I guess. We shouldn't call. If we do, they'll probably do something dangerous to them, so let's just stay put and wait, shall we?' Joonmyun asked as he held back Kyungsoo.

'I hope they'll be safe,' Kai murmured.


Seohyun blinked, her vision was blurry, she couldn't make up what place she was in currently. Her head was spinning and it hurt a lot to even turn it.

She wanted to reach for her head, but then realized that she was tied up with thick, rough ropes. On the hands and legs, restraining any type of movement. She looked around, trying not to yelp out loud because of the wave of pain in her head. There was Baekhyun, dried blood on various spots of his head and face, not far away was Taeyeon, plainly sleeping there, unharmed totally.

She checked for any other people around, by people she meant henchmen.

'B-Baekhyun? Baekhyun-ah!' Her hushed whispered continued for some time before Baekhyun started opening his eyes, blinking continously to adjust to the surroundings after being hit by the wooden stick.

'Oh , it's painful..' She heard Baekhyun mumble slightly.

'Baekhyun-ah!' Seohyun squealed as she finally saw Baekhyun awake.

His eyes widened, 'S-Seohyun-ah, are you hurt?' He asked worriedly.

'Not that I know of though, but you're bleeding!' 

'Ahh, it's no big deal.'

'Yeah? No big deal? If you didn't stand in front of me, you wouldn't have landed in this state you idiot!' Seohyun wanted to smack him on the head like she always used to, but now they were tied and she couldn't even move.

'I was just trying to help, if I didn't block you, you would be dead.'

Seohyun rolled her eyes, 'There's your precious Taeyeon.' Seohyun mumbled jealously as she pointed to the direction where Taeyeon was with her head.

'Oh, I almost forgot..' He mumbled, 'Taeyeon noona! Noona!' He called out but she didn't move.

Seohyun gasped, 'I-is she- no, let's not think crazy. She's just sleeping, I guess.' Seohyun cut off her own sentence before Baekhyun could  say anything.

'Let's focus on how we can get out of here instead,' Baekhyun grunted.

'You're the one with the brains, think of something,' He continued.

'I'm going to fight my way out, or call for help you know what I'm saying?' Seohyun asked, raising a brow at Baekhyun.

'How?'

'Just watch me,' Seohyun smirked.

Her wriggled a little, allowing the ropes to loosen a little before she reached for her phone in the back pocket of her jeans.

'Please don't tell me you're gonna call Kai, how is it even possible?' Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

She threw her phone onto the floor before it landed with a thud.

Her fingers went in a little bit more into her back pocket, she seemed to be searching for something in her back pocket.

'Bingo,' She smirked once again as she fished out a little pocket knife.

The rough ropes were hurting her to much for her to continue cutting, the friction was obviously to great to overcome, causing her wrists to burn in agony.

Baekhyun watched her face twist in pain as she tried to contain all her pain.

'Stop it already, will you? It's already bleeding. I don't want you to bleed to death in here, just stop. I'll think of something, really, so stop.' Baekhyun said with a hint of worry in his voice.

'I'm fine,' she managed to choke out to words before crying out softly in pain.

Baekhyun himself cringed upon seeing her suffering in pain just to get them out.

'Finally!' Seohyun cheered as she got free of the ropes on her hands.

She winced in pain when she touched her wounds on the wrists of hers befiore reaching down, quickly cutting off the ropes on her feet.

'Here, be quick, I'll go check on her,' Seohyun stammered impatiently.

Baekhyun quickly got to business as Seohyun scurried over to Taeyeon's side.

'Unnie? Unnie-ya, are you awake?' She called out before Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes.

'Where am I?'

'You got kidnapped, Baekhyun wanted to save you and so he grabbed me along.' Seohyun said nervously before using a random ring on her finger to cut the ropes.

'Hey!'

A low, deep voice bellowed across the dilapidated room as the henchmen all gather around Baekhyun.

'What are you gonna do now, pretty boy?' One of them smirked at Baekhyun.

'I know hapkido you know!' Baekhyun got into the fighting position as Seohyun shook her head and tip toed over, grabbing a wooden stick on the floor.

'YAH! DON'T TOUCH HIM!' Seohyun ran towards them in full speed and started hitting them one by one.

The men started attacking Baekhyun, kicking him in all places as he just laid on the ground unconscious.

'Did you hear me?! I SAID DON'T TOUCH HIM, YOU FOOLS!' Seohyun's outburst frightened everyone in the room.

In the end, she gradually decided not to use any weapons, she used her fists to attack all the people.

'Taeyeon! My phone!' Seohyun hollered across the room before Taeyeon tried to reach the phone with her legs still tied together.

'Why won't they get injured?! AISH!' Seohyun complained, hitting one in the jaw and the other in the head.


'I'm getting worried, really.' Kyungsoo declared, standing up from the couch.

'Let's call the cops.' Kai said, sighing before running a hand in his brown locks.

'I'm just gonna go find them, I don't need the stupid cops.' Chanyeol rolled his eyes before slipping into his jacket and sneakers, slamming the door behind him.

'What's wrong with him too?' Luhan asked, with his doe eyes sparkling with curiousity.

 

 

Jung Seohyun, stay strong. Wherever you are now, I'm coming to get you. Don't give up hopes just yet, cause I promise, I'm coming to get you and Baekhyun hyung back. I'm not going to let you get away from me that easily this time round.

You promised me we'll get married, right?

I'll wait for you.