Chapter Thirty

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Thirty

Written; 10/12/2013

 

Kai was dumbfounded. He just watched with his mouth hanging wide open, the silhouette of the female being smaller and smaller, and finally disappearing out the door. 'Forget about her, let's go. It's getting late, you must be hungry.' Taeyeon muttered, snapping the said male of his trance. 'Yeah sure, let's get going.' Kai said, his mind still not off what just happened.


 

'How are we going to even complete the damn project if she shows up continuously like that?' Seohyun rolled her eyes and asked herself. She placed her laptop back into the backpack and dashed off onto the streets and out of school.

A soft sigh escaped her lips as she noticed her own stomach grumbling, refusing to shut up and let her walk home peacefully. Nonetheless, she ignored it and it literally took a whole lot of her willpower to walk home without buying some unhealthy food off the streets.

It was time for her to start saving up. She didn't know what was with her these few weeks but something just told her to start scrimping and saving up, also to find a job. As much as she wanted to, she started to dread spending time with her friends. She just didn't want more problems, thinking of her problems now, weren't the cure for a bad headache either.

A frown hung on her lips as she wondered what was wrong with her recently, her headaches were just getting worse day by day. It obviously is not helping when all she wanted was a perfect score from her project. She would wake up everyday with a headache, halfway through the day, she would get it again, it's excruciating. And painful to the limit that she would just blackout anytime. At times she would feel dizzy and nauseating, wanting to throw up.

Shaking her head, she just shrugged and pushed open the door of her apartment after unlocking it. 'I'm home,' She said softly, hardly anyone could hear her coming home. She dumped her backpack on the floor and kicked off her sneakers, collapsing onto the couch.

'Oh? You're back already, how was it?' Jessica asked, strutting out of the hallways just to see Seohyun laying on the couch, shutting her eyes tight. 'I'm not done with it yet. Stupid Taeyeon showed up and was trying to flirt in front of my face, ohgosh it was like a bad nightmare.' Seohyun mentally cursed at them.

Jessica just shook her head as the rest of the clique streamed out. 'I knew she would pop out sooner or later. Ugh, she's such a bug.' Yoona muttered and sat down. 'My head hurts..' Seohyun groaned as she sat up a little, rubbing her temples. 'You okay?' Baekhyun asked, sitting next to her. The corner of his lips twitched a little, forming a sly smirk. He beat Chanyeol into that, which is, kinda important to win her heart over now.

'Do I look okay?'


 

'Be careful.' Baekhyun warned as a heavy sigh escaped his lips, he watched as Seohyun laid down on her queen sized bed. Raising a brow, he shook his head as he went forward, tucking Seohyun properly into her bed. 'Have a nice rest, I'll be downstairs if you need me. I'll be staying over tonight, it's my turn to take care of you now.' Baekhyun's lips curved into a smile and he leaned in to give her a little peck on her forehead before she too, returned the smile.

As Baekhyun gave her a last grin before he closed the door behind him, she sighed softly, looking around her room. 'How long has it been since I last came in?' She scoffed bitterly at pathertic self before falling into dreamland.


 

Seohyun took out the keys from her pocket, dangling from her pair of key, was a keychain. 'I Love You' was carved perfectly on it, she just bit her lip as she inserted the key into the key hole of the metal gate, then the wooden door. She pushed the door open after hesitating for a mere ten seconds, to be honest, she didn't want to even go in there anymore.

Groaning mentally, she took off her shoes and gestured for the others to follow her in as well. Photo frames were everywhere, containing photos of Seohyun and Kai. Delicate furniture were  all around, the house was beautifully decorated. Damn, she didn't want to leave it for them.

'Do you want to let me pack for you instead?' The male behind her asked, a tint of worry present in his eyes. 'No, it's okay. I can do it myself, oppa.' She replied weakly as she looked over her shoulder at the brown haired boy behind her.

He just nodded as she proceeded to emptying out her belongings, tearing up everytime something reminds her of Kim Jongin. Her clothes were all neatly packed in her luggage, other belongings went into a medium sized pastel blue box.

Tiffany, Jessica, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were sitting uncomfortably in the living room, subconsiously glaring at Kai who was playing with his fingers while waiting for Seohyun to finish packing, when all of a sudden, they heard glass shattering.

Tiffany and Jessica gasped while Baekhyun got up from his seat and dashed into the bedroom, where both Kai and Seohyun dreamt to share. But it was all shattered now, like the broken frame.

Baekhyun pushed the door open, with the rest behind, he gasped loudly. 'Seohyun-ah!' He exclaimed when he saw the broken glass of the frame lying all around on the floor. Seohyun just smiled bitterly, 'I'm okay, don't worry.' She mumbled softly as she continued picking up the broken glass.

Baekhyun was dumbfounded.

He saw traces of dried tears on her cheeks, she cried. He couldn't do anything about that, he felt useless. He couldn't do anything to lessen her pain, he couldn't do anything to help her forget about the sad happenings between her and Kai. He felt like a worthless piece of junk.

'Are you hurt? Did you cut yourself?' Jessica asked worriedly as she held Seohyun's hands and took a good look at them. The younger one just shook her head and faked a smile. Kai was watching from afar, his heart clenched tightly seeing the girl he once loved suffering because of him, this sour feeling he couldn't really comprehend, was killing him from inside out.

'What were you trying to do just now?' Chanyeol asked as he packed the rest of the photoframes into the box on the table. 'I- dropped the photoframe when I was trying to keep them.' Seohyun mumbled slowly, her lying skills weren't that great. Baekhyun knew her inside out, it was obvious to him that she was lying.

'You can pack another day, let's go now.' Baekhyun said, pulling her arm. 'I'm almost done packing, I'm left with these photoframes, I'm done with my clothes, books and files of important stuff.' Seohyun said swiftly, placing in the rest of the photoframes.

 

'Why don't you just stay here? I'm fine with it.' Kai muttered, tucking his hands into his pockets. Seohyun just shook her head, 'I don't want to live in your property, like I'm some stranger who doesn't have a home.' Seohyun stated coldly. 'I can transfer it under your name, it's okay with me.' Kai said again.

'It isn't okay for me. This house belongs to you and maybe Taeyeon too in the future, keep it. Take the interior designing and furniture as a gift from me. There's a baby room here, I hope you'll be happy with your future family, I wish you well Jongin-sshi.' Seohyun weakly mumbled.

Kai gulped mindlessly. 'What are you going to do with all those?' He asked, pointing to the box with all their photoframes, couple items that they gave each other. For short — their memory box. Seohyun shrugged, 'I don't know. Throw them away, burn them into ashes. Get rid of them, I don't care.' She just said shortly, leaving the male dumbfounded and shocked.

Taking one last glance at the house behind her, she smiled bitterly.

 

 

From today onwards, I have nothing to do with you anymore, Kim Jongin.