Chapter Twenty Seven

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Twenty Seven [23/11/2013]

'So what are you gonna do about this?' Kyungsoo asked, sipping his coffee from the mug, 'I don't know, that's the problem, that's also the reason why I'm asking you to give me some advice.' Seohyun mumbled as she yawned. 'You know what?' Kyungsoo asked as Seohyun looked up from his lap, where she was resting her head on, lying on the ground of the backyard.

'Both of them really loves you, truly and wholeheartedly. It's your choice, Baekhyun or Chanyeol. But then again, you have to reject one without hurting him too much, I know them well... They're really fragile on the inside, I don't know how to say this but, yeahh.' Kyungsoo grinned sheepishly as he placed the now empty mug on the ground, looking up at the sky.

'Ahh, the sky is so pretty tonight, look at the stars.' Kyungsoo inhaled the fresh air and placed a chaste kiss on Seohyun's forehead, 'Choose wisely, because I know both of them has the ability to make you feel blissed and loved, I know you're ina dilemma.' He grinned after Seohyun got up from his lap, stood up and stretched.

'Thank you for the somekind of advice, Do Kyungsoo.' Seohyun scoffed as she walked back into the house.

It was totally silent, everyone was sleeping already, or so she thought.

'Good night, sleep early.' Kyungsoo mumbled before closing the door to his room, as Seohyun just giggled.


'Come in!' She said in a hushed shout, 'It's me,' A deep, husky voice spoke. 'Chanyeol?' She asked as the tall giant trudged in sleepily with a smug look on his face, 'It's me. Can we talk?' He asked awkwardly. 'Yeah, sure. Take a seat.' Seohyun gestured as he sat down near the edge of her bed, a gap in the middle of the two.

'Since when was it this awkward between us?...' Seohyun shrugged as she whispered to herself.

After a long moment of silence, Chanyeol decided to just ask her about the matter.

'Are you going to keep your promise?'

That question pierced through the silence as Seohyun's heart thumped against her chest undoubtedly.

'I know you love him. More than you love me. Wait, do you even love me?' Chanyeol looked at Seohyun with those sad eyes of his, 'Listen, Chanyeol-ah, I-'

'You what? Decided to patch up with Jongin or do you want Baekhyun instead?' His voice cracked as he asked.

'Listen to me!' Seohyun grabbed Chanyeol's shoulder as she forced him to look at her in the eyes.'

'I love you, I really do. Believe me, please.' Seohyun pleaded.

'Stop it already, I know you love him. From the start, your heart already belonged to him and until now, it's still there, nothing has changed, it's still the same. You were never mine to begin with, your heart only belonged to him.' Chanyeol muttered bitterly, slightly scoffing at himself.

Tears were willing up in his eyes, his vision was blurred and he couldn't see anything clearly. All he wanted now, was Seohyun to hug him tightly, tell him everything is fine and that.. She loves him dearly. But scratch that, he knew it was impossible for her to do that.

He brushed Seohyun's arms off his body, stood up and walked away.

That night, Seohyun couldn't sleep, she couldn't forget how turned his back on her, left without a word and she couldn't forget how the look on his face was when he spat those hurtful words.

You were never mine to begin with, your heart only belonged to him.

Those words were etched in her mind so deeply, it was floating all around like balloons, she couldn't forget them.


'So how are the wedding plans going?' Mrs Jung asked with a wide grin plastered on her glowing face, 'Mum, it's not the time to talk about this.' Seohyun said coldly as Chanyeol just stared and dazed off. 'Honey, did something happen? Between the two of you. You two aren't talking and as chit chatty as usual. What happened? Chanyeol sweetie?' Mrs Jung asked with a concerned voice.

'Nothing happened, Mrs Jung! It's alright!' Chanyeol suddenly switched the atmosphere a little and exclaimed with a fake smile on his face. 'Oh really? You two better have a talk here, I'll get going, it's getting late.'

'Bye mum.' Seohyun mumbled as she went forward to give her mother a hug, 'Be careful of what you say, I can sense something's wrong and Chanyeol is very sad, and I mean it, dear.'

Seohyun swallowed and she felt herself tremble, what would she do without Chanyeol? Honestly saying, she needs him, by her side.

The two sat down and they clearly wanted to just have a clear talk with each other.

'I'm serious this time, not kidding.' Chanyeol muttered with a sharp tone. 'I know it's hard for you to choose between me and Baekhyun, because what? He's my best friend?' He asked, 'True, that's part of why I wouldn't want to choose. Wait, who am I to choose anyway? Am I a great person? What rights do I have to choose between the two of you?' Seohyun bombarded him back with a bunch of questions.

'Because we love you. I mean it, both of us. I can see clearly that Baekhyun loves you, I'm not sure if he does more than me or not, but I'm going to fight for what I love and treasure.' Chanyeol stated firmly, clenching his fists.

'I get it. It's getting late, time for you to go now, we have school tomorrow.' Seohyun remembered, 'Sure, I'll get going. See you tomorrow.' He bid her goodbye before planting a chaste kiss on her forehead. 'Good night, sweet dreams.' He whispered.

Seohyun nodded with a smile, 'You too, get home safely.'


Chanyeol and Baekhyun both heaved a sigh of relief as soon as they heard that Seohyun and Taeyeon were in the same team. They were having a little tournament on the weird sport, floorball. They had been training over this sport for the past few weeks and now, they wanted to have a little tournament. Chanyeol was cheering a little inside, happy at the fact that he would be able to show off his floorball skills to Seohyun.

At least the two girls wouldn't try to kill each other if they were in the same team.

'Game on.' Seohyun said with the hint of determination in her voice, 'I'm gonna win this.' She said again, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. 'But-'

'I'm not gonna kill her, we're in the same team, you idiot.' Seohyun muttered softly, nudging Sehun in the ribs. 'Chillax and watch me win.' Seohyun said with confidence.

Seohyun was without a doubt the strongest link in their team. She eyed Taeyeon and Hyuna who were on the same team as me. Those two were probably the weakest.  

“Okay, now let’s go out there and kick some !” the team leader Jihyun exclaimed before everyone stood in their positions, ready for a game.  

When Taeyeon wasted two good chances and also led to the other team making a goal, Seohyun had gotten enough and when another ball came close to her, Seohyun played it away before Taeyeon had a chance.   

She then tried to get the ball back from Seohyun. Was she DUMB? Seohyun thought as she scoffed at her mentally. Seohyun was on her team! Sure, Seohyun had taken it from her from the beginning but at least she knew how to play this game.       

Seohyun got tired of her being in my way so she simply just pushed her away. But how was she supposed to know she would fall so easily… 

The teacher blew the whistle as Taeyeon fell on the ground.

“Yah, Jung Seohyun, she’s on YOUR team!” he exclaimed.

Seohyun just rolled her eyes and was about to do a good deed and help her up, when Jongin rushed over.

“Oh my God, Taeyeon are you alright?!” he exclaimed as he helped her up.

Taeyeon shook her head. “I’m fine, don’t worry.” She said and brushed of her knees.

She shot Seohyun a deathly glare before dusting herself once again, making Seohyun fume with anger and of course, curse her. 

'What's wrong?' Chanyeol asked as he saw Seohyun gulping down the bottle of water in a fit of anger. 'Shut up, dude.' Baekhyun slapped his shoulder as he walked by, 'Stop talking about it, man.' He warned Chanyeol before tossing Seohyun another bottle of water.

'You can have mine, it's unopened, so it's safe for consumption.' Seohyun chuckled before opening it and drinking it. 'Stupid Taeyeon.' She cursed again as she crushed the plastic bottle in her hands. 'Why don't she just go to hell.' Seohyun mumbled again before keeping her stuff.

'Jung Seohyun! You are going to detention today after school! Be there in time!' The coach shouted. 'Oh shut up dude! Why don't you give me a break! The detention room stinks. I dread going there.' Seohyun retorted. 'You're not speaking to your teacher like that, kid! And you can blame no one but yourself for landing in detention.' The coach spoke back.

Seohyun slung her backpack over her shoulder, 'No can do coach! I'm having a wedding discussion tonight! Do you want to talk to my dad for a sec? C'mon Chanyeol, let's get going.' Seohyun scoffed slightly before pulling Chanyeol along.

Baekhyun was stunned.

He just looked at the two with wide eyes, he felt his heart break. Break as in shatter, he couldn't really make up what he felt right there and then, he just knew that it hurt, a lot.


'What was that?' Chanyeol asked as the two stopped by a bubble tea shop, 'Nothing,' Seohyun replied casually, paying for her drink. 'Do you want something to drink?' Seohyun asked before Chanyeol shook his head. 'So.. We just skipped a bunch of classes.' Chanyeol muttered. 'Yes,yes we did. Relax, my dad said so. It's gonna be fine, you're parents are coming over later, by the way.' Seohyun exclaimed, all hyper about seeing her parents and Chanyeol's again.

The two continued their journey home as Chanyeol broke the silence between them.

'Hey, does our parents know about the wedding getting canceled? As in our wedding.' He asked. Seohyun choked on her drink before Chanyeol soothed her, she coughed once more, 'What are you talking about? Who said we'll cancel our wedding?' Seohyun asked, shocked obviously.

 

 

'Uhmm.. No one. But isn't that what you want? If I can, I'll do anything to make you happy so if it means calling off the wedding, and Baekhyun taking my place in another. I'll wish you well in any circumstance. I'm serious.'


Author's Note;

Hey guys! Long time no see^^ I've been sooooo super busy these few weeks, sorry for not updating for so long! So here's an update! Sorry for Chanyeol's uhmm.. hehe^^ Just sorry.

I don't know who to pair her up with too >< Awwie.

Happy late birthday to him!! ^^ I'll update maybe another chapter todayy!! ^^ Maybe another SeoYeol chapterr^^

 

From models to people on crack just within 10 seconds, that's our boys.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS FANDOM T_T

Love you guys! See you soon /throws love/

xoxo,

PastelMacaronsx.