Chapter Seven; Especial

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Seven; Especial (26/08/2013)

Especial: special; exceptional; outstanding.

'Aish, this boy.' Seohyun mumbled as she shook her head when she saw Kai sleeping on the floor, the pillow and blanket still on the couch. 'Such a messy sleeper.' She complained before grabbing the pillow, lifting Kai's head and placing the pillow under his head, covering him with the blanket.

Heading to the bathroom, Seohyun quickly washed up before going back to Kai's room to pack his study table. 'I'll help him, I guess.' She muttered before sorting out the pieces of scattered paper which was all over the table. She took the assignments that she had to complete with Kai, and some of the other work that Kai had.

She scurried to the living room before sitting down and starting to do her work. 'Stupid teacher.' She cursed while doing.

She decided to get herself a cup of water before getting up and heading to the kitchen, hearing something fall and break. She peeked in and saw Taeyeon. 'Unnie—' She was about to get in and help her, seeing her being clumsy and cutting herself. But then, she saw another person. Whose silhouette was familiar.

'Baekhyun..' She whispered to herself before witnessing how Baekhyun worried over a little cut on Taeyeon's finger, lightly chiding her for being so clumsy, bandaging the wound carefully as ever.

Seohyun bit her lip as she bitterly remembered the time when Seohyun got cut by her own locker, she bled more painfully compared to Taeyeon. But guess what? Baekhyun just stood aside and watched, not even bothering to ask if she's okay.

She let out a bitter chuckled before returning back to the table.

'I don't think I would want the cup of water anymore.'


Kai was thankful that Seohyun had almost finished doing the project, him on the other hand, had his homework all done. The two continued doing the project as the rest played their card games.

'Hey, do you two wanna rest? It's already been 3 hours straight since you did that stupid project thing.' Sunny complained, 'No.' Seohyun's short reply came right after. That was when she saw Taeyeon and Baekhyun playing and chatting together happily.

It seemed like a heavy weight rested on her chest, she couldn't breathe properly at all.

'Baekhyun doesn't even talk to me. What's wrong? Am I that bad? He thinks so, doesn't he? Taeyeon unnie has a heart made of gold, me? Well, I have a heart made of ice. I'm arrogant.'

Seohyun took one last glance at them before sighing and returning her attention to the work she was doing.


5 Weeks Later...

'Noona! Taeyeon noona!'

Seohyun and Taeyeon walked out of the music room, Seohyun's arm clinging onto Taeyeon's. Letting go immediately after recongizing the familiar voice that echoed through the hallways. 'Baekhyunnie?' Taeyeon asked, seeing the panting Baekhyun.

Seohyun secretly sulked inside, 'It's only a few weeks and the names just get worse each day. I don't even know when's Baekhyun's birthday. Ironic.'

'Noona, follow me. Faster.' Her rushed as he looked at Seohyun who was having a slight but sad smile on her face. 'Uhh.. Seohyun-sshi, Jongin's looking for you. Everyone's in the auditorium.'

Seohyun nodded and bowed before sighing and walking away.

'Still with the formalities? After such a long time.. Oh right. We didn't even talk.'

Seohyun pushed open the door and all eyes were on her until a hand grabbed hers and pulled her along.

'Why is she here?'

'Doesn't she know?'

'I feel so bad for her...'

'Do you think she'll cry?''

'I saw her and Kim Taeyeon together just now.'

'I bet they're the bestest sisters in the universe.'

Whispers started going all around in the room as Seohyun's eyebrows knitted together in confusion. 'What are they talking about?' Seohyun asked as she tugged on Kai's uniform, 'Aniya, nothing. Let's go.' Kai tried to pull her away and out of the school.

'Go where? Why did Baekhyun ask me come here?' 'Cause I was looking for you so that we can go! Let's go, to somewhere where there's no one.' Kai stated. 'Seohyun-ah, go with him.' Tiffany agreed before the door suddenly opened.

Revealing a grinning Baekhyun pulling a confused Taeyeon by hand.

'Yah! Kim Jongin, where are you going? If you want to have your date, do it later! I have something important to do!' Baekhyun scolded before he let Taeyeon sit down on the chair in the front row near the stage.

He then got onto the stage, 'My dear schoolmates, I have something very important to say today. Right now at this very moment.' He paused and looked at Taeyeon. '

'Get her out! Now!' Sooyoung hissed at Kai softly before Kai tugged at Seohyun's hand. 'Let's go quickly.' He whispered. 'No, let's listen to what he wants to say... Should we? It's rude to go out in the middle of his speech, don't you think?' Seohyun mentioned.

'No, not at all. So, let's just leave as fast as possible.' Kai whispered once more. 'I don't want to. Why should I? Let's just stay here, Jongin.' Seohyun's stubborn self made Kai want to pull his hair out.

He finally gave up.

'Hyung! Baekhyun Hyung. Stop.' Kai stood up and shouted impatiently. 'Why-' 'Shut up, Byun Baekhyun. It's too over.' He then turned to the crowd of people sitting down. 'All of you. Get out.' His simple sentence made the auditorium empty in a minute.

'Kim Jongin, what the heck are you doing?' Baekhyun asked.

'Hyung, isn't it too much?' Kai asked, glaring at Baekhyun.

'He's right, Baekhyun.' Jessica muttered. 'You should've thought clearly.'

'Thought clearly? When you want to say something very important, would you even spare a minute to think about it?' Baekhyun asked. 'Why not? That's the main point. Since it's important, the more you should think.' Chanyeol stated.

'And not to that much people.' Suho said.

'Fine. Then I'll say it here then. Since the person is here.'

The atmosphere got tense and everyone's heart pounded heavily.

'I like Taeyeon noona.' Baekhyun said. 'What did you say?' Seohyun's voice squeaked.

'I said, I like Taeyeon noona. Kim Taeyeon. I've been crushing on her since I met her, she's a goddness.' Bakhyun compliemented.

Taeyeon was blushing with butterflies in her stomach, but Seohyun.. Her heart was shattered into a million fragments.

'Seohyun-ah..'

Taeyeon then realized. Seohyun's crush had been crushing on her.

Her butterflies turned to stones, weighing her down a million times. She felt sorry for the younger one.

Seohyun's head suddenly started spinning continuously as her vision became blurry.

A lone tear fell out on the ground when she looked down, not daring to meet anyone's eye contact.

Everyone knew Seohyun liked Baekhyun. It was really a miracle. Baekhyun was the first guy Seohyun had crushed on. Seohyun, the Ice Princess finally had a crush on someone. But her dream was all crumbled when she heard that.

'Seohyun-ah, I'm so sorry.' Taeyeon apologized. 'Sorry for what? It's fine. Feelings can't be forced.' She managed to say. 'Jongin-ah, will you do me a favor?' She asked as Kai nodded. 'Bring me home.' She said shortly before heading to the nurse's room with Kai to get a medical certificate.

'Noona, are you okay?' Kai asked as they two walked along the streets, biting on their ice cream. 'The ice cream you bought cheered me up. Thanks Jongin-ah.' Seohyun said to Kai, smiling.

'Anything for noona, as long as you're happy, I'm happy.' Kai grinned back as they continued on their journey back to Seohyun's apartment.

'Noona, we're here. I'll see you soon!' Kai exclaimed before bidding Seohyun goodbye. 'Sure. I'll see you too. Thanks so much for today, Jongin-ah! You're my favorite dongsaeng ever.' Seohyun had a slight smile plastered on her face.

 

 

 

'You're my favorite noona too. But I want to be more than just your dongsaeng. Can't I be something more than that?'