Chapter 38 ;

Sheer Arrogance

A u t h o r ' s  N o t e ;

Hey guysss!! I added a new character YAAS sorry too much Bethany feelz yaas. Hope you all like the new ideas although it's kind of crappy but whatever >< IM SORRY OKAY FORGIVE ME ok bye


Seohyun's heart was fluttering. She knew this wasn't right but she couldn't stop feeling happy just from that three words. 

"I missed you too," she managed to speak despite her heart jumping around in different directions, trying to make her took like an idiot. She couldn't actually describe how she felt but one word; happiness. 

Years ago, he was her source of happiness, the only person that kept her days going. He gave her an infinity in numbered days, brought her her endless smiles, laughter and happiness. But who knew it would come to an end? No one. Everyone was shocked that they separated, even their parents were. She cried for days, as usual, locked herself up. Daehyun had to literally beg her to come out and get some food, persuade her that life needs to go on and that she needs to move on from her ty life back then.

-Flashback-

It was like the skies were crying with her as well, it was all grey and dark out. Normally on these days, him and her would be cuddling in here house, watching romance movies with hot chocolate and fluffy blankets. But no, today was a different story, everything will be different from today onwards. 

"For Daehyun, I will do anything for him. He sacrificed so much for me, it wouldn't hurt me from doing this." She convinced herself that everything was going to be okay. She knew deep inside that it wouldn't, but denied it anyways. 

She planned for him to meet her at the same old place. Pastel Angels — their most frequented café since their middle school times. She badly wanted to tell him that they would just go for a normal date, but she knew she couldn't do that. 

Far away, she already saw his silhouette, kicking pebbles around the ground with hands in his jacket pocket. She couldn't bear to break the news to him. She knew it would be a huge blow to him because she was literally everything he had. She saved him from his previous heartbreak and he treasured her very much. Tears were already forming quickly in her eyes, it was not long before a tear trickeld down her pale cheek. 

She finally gathered up her courage and decided to do it in like forever, and called out his name.

 

 

 

 

"Woohyun," she started.

His name rolled out smoothly from her tongue, it was always cheerful and gave Woohyun that warm, fuzzy feeling inside, but this time it was different. Full of sadness and bitterness, and the 'oppa' was taken away. He shrugged it off and thought that she was just really tired that day just by looking at her face. 

"Oh— hey baby!" He immediately pulled her into a tight hug. Seohyun could feel her heart shattering slowly, 'Please don't do this to me, Woohyun-ah.. I want to let you go. Don't make this any harder for me, please." She thought to herself bitterly. "Why'd you ask me out suddenly? It's not that I didn't want to see you, I didn't have any nice things to wear since all of my clothing got dumped into the washing machine by Sunggyu hyung. Sorry.." He quietly apologised for his messed up look.

Liar, you look perfect to me no matter what you wear, it doesn't really matter to me at all. 

"It's okay. And, we need to talk." Seohyun said bitterly.

"Yeah, okay. You can tell me whatever." His smile tingled her insides, but made her heart break more. 

I won't be able to see that smile everyday from now onwards. Yeah, it's my fault for falling for you, stupid. Seohyun chuckled bitterly to herself before deciding to come clean with him.

"Let's break up," 

Silence followed after before Woohyun broke it. "W-Why?" His voice shaked and she felt your heart being clenched so hard. She knew clearly what always happens before Woohyun starts to cry before all the romance movies gets sad; his voice shakes terribly. She tried her very best to keep herself calm and not break down in the middle of the streets, in front of him. Every single time a word escaped , it feels af if her heart got stabbed multiple times. 

"Please, no." Was all Woohyun could say. 

I'm sorry, Woohyun. I want to be yours forever, until the end of time. But I can't and I'm sorry. 

"What have I done wrong? Huh? Tell me! I'll change, I'll change for you! Whatever it is I will change! Just please, don't leave me.." He stumbled forward to take a closer look at your pale face. "I'll do anything you want me to, just don't leave me, please.." He mumbled before tears started streaming down uncontrollably. However, the confusion and hurt was no replaced by  anger and frustration. 

God please help me, I can't bear to see him sad. Just please, end all this pain.

And then she said one of the most devastating lies ever heard.

"I'm sorry, but I just don't love you anymore."

Lies. I'm sure I can love you more than you love me, for as long as I live. I'm sure I can love you until the end of time. 

"We're drifting apart, don't you see? It's killing me to see you going to clubs at night with Sunggyu and the rest of your friends, hanging out with big-ed girls that cling onto you guys like you're meat. I can't take this. You know I don't go to clubs and you go drinking and hang around so much with all those trashy people. Have you ever thought of what will happen if you get into trouble? Who would be the one suffering? It's all me, because I love you too much that I can't see you suffer." 

Lies. No matter what you do and where you go, I'm sure my heart will always be yours... I will get you out if you're in trouble, help you at your lowest. I don't care if other girls are trying to steal you away from me. Because I will stand strong on that belief that you'll tell them you're taken, and push them away like they never existed and that I'm the only one in your eyes. 

"We aren't who we used to be anymore, Woohyun-ah. And it pains me to see you going home everytime drunk with your headaches. I'm really scared that we'll break apart. It pains me to see you drinking away your sorrows instead of sharing them with me, you know I'm more than willing to listen to you. But you chose not to tell me anything. Our movie nights are all gone now, if I didn't ask you out today you wouldn't even bother about me, would you? Remember the times where you used to drop by my house with sunflowers and food? You stopped doing that long ago. Has our relationship cooled down? Did you get tired of me?"

Woohyun was momentarily shocked. He didn't know she'll take these things to heart so easily. He always thought she was too busy to even give a about him so he always decides to solve them temporily by drinking them away and keeping them away from her because he knows that it'll just pile up to her mountain of problems. 

"Look, I'm sorry about all these. I'll change, I promise! I'll change for you, and the sake of our future, I will change! Please don't go.. I was just worried that you'll get annoyed of me. I didn't want to add to your mountain of problems so I decided to keep it to myself." Woohyun mumbled guiltily. 

No matter how busy I am, you know clearly that I will always be there for you, right? No matter what problems I have, you're always number 1 to me.. You're a complete idiot.

"It's too late, don't you think so? We rarely see each other nowadays, my feelings for you are fading away. Let's just end this relationship. I think it's for the best."

"No, no! Please don't do this to me, I will change for you and do whatever you want me to do. I'll make it up to you now, the time we've lost. I love you.." He begged.

The tension between the both of them grew. Crying wasn't an option anymore. 

"But I don't."

She felt the muscular arms around her waist after she spun around, trying to walk away from this scene she didn't want to face. "Please..." He was hugging her tightly. Her eyes watered continuously, she couldn't take it seeing the person she love suffering because of her, so she quickly pushed away his arms as her hot tears fell onto his arms. 

"I'm sorry, Woohyun. I loved you, I truly did." She mumbled before scurrying away, leaving Woohyun break down in the middle of the streets before the rest of Infinite rushed up towards him. 

Nam Woohyun. You were once my everything. Without you, there wouldn't be me. I wake up everyday and look forward to seeing you. Our sweet moments were what I always looked forward to. Your eyes when you looked at me were different. They always had a glint of love and warmth present in them. Your straight nose where I always plant kisses on when you bring me home after a long day. Your lips where I would meet with my own, savouring your sweet taste everytime we kiss. I always feel like I'm on cloud nine when I'm with you. With you, everything was different. 

We even thought of getting married, having our little family with Woohyuns and Seohyuns. But I guess it will never happen now and I'm sorry. I love you, I still do.

-end of flashback-

Seohyun shivered upon remembering those bad times in the past. Boy, she sure had a rough life. 

"Do you have time later in the afternoon?" He asked with his husky voice, "Sorry, I just woke up, if you were wondering." His chuckles never fail to bring even a simple smile to your face. 

"Yeah sure, where?" Seohyun immediately agreed.

"Same old place, I guess. See you, Seohyun." He laughed it off. 

"Okay, see you." 

"Mhmm." He then chuckled and waited for her to hang up before he did. Always the gentlemanly one in the group, simple gestures like waiting for a girl to hang up before he does was what made Seohyun like him more than other normal guys. Her heart fluttered a tinsy bit even though she felt like it was betraying Baekhyun. Bouncing off to find a perfect outfit, she couldn't wait to see her long-lost ex.