Chapter Nineteen; Delusion

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Nineteen; Delusion (04/10/2013)

Delusion; a false belief or opinion.

'Hey, baby? Are you okay?' Seohyun was lying on the bed, staring mindlessly at the ceiling when she heard someone knock on the door. 'It's Jongin, they've all gone home and Dae hyung is out, you can come out now.' Kai's deep voice travelled through the door.

'Can I come in?'

Seohyun just walked to the door and unlocked it.

Kai sighed as he walked in, 'Can you tell me what's wrong? You've been looking so listless, so I asked them to go home.' He explained, sitting next to Seohyun on the floor. Seohyun's head was placed on the bed as she stared into thin air once more. 'You promise not be mad at me,' Seohyun said childishly as she held out her pinkie.

'Promise, baby.' Kai chuckled as he locked pinkies with Seohyun.

Seohyun took in a deep breath.

'I know where Taeyeon is and who took her away.'

Kai gasped. 'Really?! Well, where is she now?! Who's that person?!' He asked frantically as he stared into Seohyun's eyes, breaking into her soul which was drifting away slowly.

'That person, as much as I don't want to admit, she's my best friend..' Seohyun muttered.

'She is your what?!' Kai gasped once more and stared at Seohyun apprehensively.

'Best friend,' Seohyun repeated.

'She was my best friend in middle school and yeah, she was, coincidentally, Baekhyun's ex.' Seohyun explained shortly, biting her lips.

'Are you the one?' Kai asked suddenly after a long period of silence.

'The one that did what?'

'Kidnapped Taeyeon noona.'

Seohyun felt like her heart was stabbed an infinity times when she just processed what Kai had said.

'I did not,'

'And how do I know?' Kai asked.

Seohyun looked at Kai with a tint of fear in her eyes, 'You don't believe me?' She managed to choke out.

'It's not like that-'

'Just spit it out, you think this is all planned, am I right?' Seohyun asked, laughing sadly. 'Kim Jongin, I didn't know you thought so lowly of me, I'm sorry that I disappointed you.' Seohyun's eyes not leaving the ground. 'It's not what you think-' 'Never mind, just go away. I'm tired, I want to rest. Please just go home.' Seohyun pleaded, opening the door, indirectly gesturing for Kai to get out and go home.

Kai sighed, 'I guess I'll leave first.' He muttered shortly before getting out and leaving briefly.

Seohyun shut the door and sat on the floor, her mind was filled with thousands of things, but she just sat there and didn't move.

Why doesn't he believe me? Do I look like a bad person that much? What am I going to do?

Seohyun picked up her phone from the floor and called Chanyeol.

'Hello? Yeol-ah, I need you to come here now. Please.' Seohyun said in a whisper, her voice dry and coarse.

'Yah, what happened? Did you catch a cold? Are you sick? Do you need me to come over to take care of you?' Chanyeol questioned, frantically.

'Ani, please just come over. Faster.' Seohyun croaked.

'Arasso, I'll get over as soon as possible, wait for me, okay?'

'Mhmm.'

Seohyun hung up as she got onto her feet, she plopped herself onto the bed.

~~~

The doorbell rang, she scrambled to her feet and scurried downstairs to open the door.

'Yah, what happened?' Chanyeol asked as he got in, placing his hand on Seohyun's forehead, checking her temperature. 'Something big, I'll tell you later. Have you eaten?' Chanyeol nodded, 'Oh yes, where are your parents?' Chanyeol asked, looking around awkwardly. 'They're overseas, as usual.' Seohyun sighed, pulling Chanyeol down onto the couch as she sat down. 'Do you still remember the engagement thing?' Seohyun asked before Chanyeol could as anything. 'Obviously I still do, it's such a big thing and have you told Kai?' He asked as he flipped through some random fashion magazine on the coffee table.

'I didn't and I think we're on the verge of a breakup.' Seohyun mumbled.

Chanyeol nearly choked on the air as his eyes widened. 'What?! Breakup? Why? Did he find out about that? Or did anything else happen?' He asked. 'Yes, something else did happen.. This is why I called you over, I need your help.' Seohyun explained.

'Shoot.' Chanyeol was prepared to listen to Seohyun pour her feelings out, he already sensed something big had happened between the two love birds.

Seohyun took a deep breath, she seemed to be deciding whether to tell Chanyeol or not. 'Don't worry, I'll keep it a secret from all of them, I promise.' He said, holding out his pinky. Seohyun scoffed a little as she hooked her pinky with Chanyeol. 'You sure know what I'm thinking..' Seohyun mumbled.

Chanyeol smirked.

'The person who kidnapped Taeyeon.. it was my best friend when I was in high school. I told Kai that and h-he thinks I'm the mastermind behind all this! It wasn't me, really! And what good would I have when I kidnap her? Huh? Would Baekhyun love me back the way I do? No! He'll just hate me. Kai thinks I planned all these to get revenge.' Seohyun was on the brink of tears as she cried out.

Chanyeol gasped, 'I-I know you're unable to accept that fact or whatever but it really wasn't me..' Seohyun said before she brought her knees to her chest and buried her face in it before sobbing. Chanyeol looked at Seohyun's think figure, curled into a ball. He sighed.

'I trust you, no matter how much you deny it, I know you still care for Taeyeon noona. You wouldn't do anything to hurt her no matter what she does to you.' Chanyeol muttered.

'Don't cry so easily. When you smile, the whole world will smile together with you. But when you cry, you're going to be the only one doing so.' Chanyeol chided.

Seohyun looked up at Chanyeol with red, puffy eyes.

She sniffled before Chanyeol's hand reached over, cleaning away Seohyun's tears.

The two locked eyes before Chanyeol leaned in and planted a soft and chaste kiss on the corner of her lips. He smiled, 'I believe you're not involved in this, so just go rest okay? what anyone else thinks. You are perfect. Right now. So go and live your life with confidence and be happy.' Chanyeol growled.

Seohyun hesitated a little.

 

 

'Yeol-ah, let's get married.'

 

"A single moment

of misunderstanding

is so poisonous that it makes us

forget the hundred lovable moments

spent together

within a minute."