Chapter Ten; Frolicsome

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Ten; Frolicsome (03/09/2013)

Frolicsome: merrily playful, full of fun.

'Should we go on a date later after school?' Kai asked, looking at Seohyun with those pair of loving eyes, hands still locked tight to hers. 'Sure, that'll be great!' Seohyun grinned before taking in a deep breath, slightly squeezing Kai's hand in the process.

'Why are you so tensed?' Kai asked. 'I'm afraid of what people will think about me.. Stealing one of their favorite boys away from them, I'm afraid I'll lose you too..' Seohyun bit her lip and sighed.

The couple stood in the middle of the almost empty street, the mornind breeze slightly howling.
 

Kai let go of Seohyun's hand and wrapped his arms around Seohyun's waist, facing her.

'You know what? I don't bother or care about what other people think, I don't care, as long as I have you by my side, I'll be strong and I'll do anything for you, just for you. You won't lose me no matter what, cause I'll always be there, whenever you need me, I'll be there. You're my world and I can't live without you. I won't let you go. I've already broken into the walls surrounding your heart, haven't I? I loved you yesterday, love you still, always have and always will.

I'll love you until infinity runs out.'

Kai ended his sentence as his hands ran up to cup Seohyun's cheek.

Standing in the middle of the street were a couple, not just any couple, a new, blissful couple, kissing.

'Let's go to school,' Kai smiled at Seohyun before the two continued on the journey to the school.


'Yah, did you see that?' Jessica asked as she nudged Tiffany. 'See what?' 'Kai and Seobaby, they were holding hands and all mushy mushy together!' She exclaimed. 'Really? Omo! That's really cute!' Tiffany grinned victoriously.

'There they come!'

Suho eyed the two who were engaged in a comical conversation. 'Hey, what happened between you two? You finally appeared in school, huh?' Lay asked, winking.

'She's mine now, hyung! Stop trying to flirt with my girl.' Kai warned menacingly. 'Okay okay, chill. I'm not going to, she's just my best friend, right?' Lay chuckled as Seohyun nodded approvingly. 'Well, that's better and good to hear.'


Kai held onto Seohyun's hand as they entered the classroom together, 'I guess I won't be able to focus now in class anymore, huh? With this beautiful goddness beside me, my lovely girlfriend.' Kai teased. 'Yah!' Seohyun slapped Kai's shoulder playfully, blushing deep shades of red.

'Owwwieee! That's painful! I'm speaking the truth!' Kai winced in pain before pouting.

'You have to pay attention, besides, the year end examinations are coming up soon.' Seohyun reminded him like a mother talking to a son. 'Yes, mummy.' Kai stuck his tongue out as the two sat down.

Seohyun pouted, 'Do I look that old?' She asked Kai. 'Of course not! You're going to be my beautiful baby forever. So, should we give each other nicknames?' Kai asked.

Seohyun nodded with shining eyes, 'I've always wanted to do that! Hmmm..' Seohyun bit her lip and thought deeply. 'I'll call you jagiya, that sounds sweet.' Kai said, beaming at Seohyun. 'Ehhh? I'm your noona!' Seohyun smacked Kai once more.

'Ahh! It hurts!' He whined again, 'Forget about that fact! So do you want to call me oppa?!' Kai asked excitedly. 'Most definitely not. I'll just call you.. Jongin.' Kai frowned. 'Aigoo! Why?' 'You're my baby boy, I'll call you Jongin, it sounds warm.' Seohyun said, smiling as she changed Kai's contact name to 'Baby Boy'.

'Baby Boy? I'll change yours too! I'll change it to.. 'My Seohyunnie.' then!' Kai exclaimed, keying in the names.

'Well well well, isn't this Seobaby and Jonginnie together? I heard you two are dating huh?' The couple looked up and saw Taeyeon and her new batch of minions. 'You couldn't get Baekhyun and now you're aiming for Jonginnie? Awww.. He's such a poor thing, becoming your next victim.' Taeyeon smirked, running her thumb over Kai's cheek.

'Get your hands off my boy.' Seohyun said, standing up and grabbing Taeyeon's arm, glaring deep into her eyes. 'Don't be rude, I'm your unnie, don't forget that, my baby girl.' Taeyeon said as her hand traced Seohyun's jawline.

Seohyun rolled her eyes as she let out a mocking laugh.

'Unnie? Really?' Seohyun smirked, 'Will a sister act like a after all these? You should be happy that I'm not sprawling over and peeling your face off, that I've moved on, over with that bastard already.' Seohyun ended her sentence, crooking her head to see Baekhyun standing behind Taeyeon's gang.

'Don't fight with those people, jagiya. They're not worth it.' Kai pulled Seohyun away from Taeyeon and ended the little cat fight between the two.

Taeyeon tsked the two before walking away with her gang of es, with Baekhyun of course.


'Jagiya! I'm here!' Kai shouted through the hallways after seeing a flustered Seohyun looking around panickly. 'Oh!' Seohyun gasped as she ran through the hallway and ended up in the embrace of Kai. 'Yah! I thought you left me alone and ran away!' Seohyun complained before smacking Kai's chest again.

'I wouldn't bear to leave my Princess alone, would I?' Kai smirked. 'Hey hey hey! Princess is only used by Yixing! You can't call me that!' Seohyun teased. Kai stayed silent. 'Yahh, are you jealous of Yixing?' Seohyun asked.

'I'm not being jealous.' Kai said,not even making eye contact with Seohyun. 'Really? Really? Really?' Seohyun asked, smirking. 'Fine fine! I am. I feel like I'm nothing compared to Yixing hyung... He's been with you since you two were in diapers but I just met you not long ago...' Kai sighed.

Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows.

'Don't think like that, Jongin-ah. I love you, he's just a close friend nothing more. Like what you said, I'll love you until infinity runs out.' Seohyun smiled as she stared at the ground.


'What would you like to have, sir?' The cashier asked Kai with a smile on her face. 'I'll have a vanilla latte and caramel macchiato. And a chocolate cake and strawberry cheesecake please. That'll be good, thank you.' Kai winked at the waitress.

'Y-you're welcomed.' She stuttered as she lowered her head to hide the blush on her face. Kai cleared his throat and smirked.

Behind them, not far away, was Seohyun looking at them with a raised brow, she let out a sad laugh. 'Stupid, flirter.' Seohyun mumbled as she glared at Kai's silhouette and turned her attention to her phone.

Taeyeon

Come back for dinner tonight with Kai, all of the boys are here. We're at your house. See you tonight. I guess.

                  Taeyeon.                            

'Who gave her permission to freaking step into my house? Daehyun is not doing his guard dog job, is he?' She asked herself, using her finger to poke at the screen where Taeyeon's name rested.

'Oh great, I'll have to face those two idiots again.' She muttered, 'Not to worry, I'm here, baby.' Kai winked at her before sitting down and giving her the vanilla latte and strawberry cheesecake. 'Nahh, you should go back to flirting with your friend over there, shouldn't you?' Seohyun smiled and said sarcastically, pointing behind Kai, the female standing there was glaring at Seohyun, but turned away as soon as she saw Kai.

Kai bit his lip, 'Is my baby getting jealous?' 'No, Taeyeon asked us to go back to my home, to eat dinner.' Seohyun muttered relunctantly. 'How in the world did she get into your house?' 'I don't know, but it has to be Daehyun. I'm going to murder him later. But your friends will be there so I guess it's fine, my unnies will be there too.' Seohyun said.

'Arasso..' Kai said in a whisper. 'Why so disappointed?' Seohyun said, sipping her drink slowly. 'I wanted to ask you out for dinner actually.. But then, never mind.' Kai sighed.

'Next time, okay? We'll be together forever, so there'll be more chances in the future, remember that.' Seohyun said, smiling at Kai radiantly.


'I'm home.' Seohyun said bluntly. 'Oh great, the first thing I see when I step back to my home is the ed couple being lovey dovey.' Seohyun whispered enough for Kai to hear as he smirked unknowingly. 'You have me right? I'm your baby boy.' He said with his deep but husky voice that made Seohyun shiver.

Sunny popped out of nowhere, 'Great! Can we eat now? I'm hungry already!' She complained with her aegyo voice. 'Sure sure, let's eat.' Kai said grinning at her, making Seohyun pout.


'I'm so full!' Taeyeon exclaimed. 'Seohyun-ah! Can you wash the dishes?' She asked with a fake Barbie smile on. 'Hey, firstly, who asked you to come here? Did you even get my permission to come in? With him? Secondly, you're the outsider so I think you should do it, intruder.' Seohyun glared at Taeyeon.

'I'm older than you, you should listen to me, no excuses.' Taeyeon shot back at her. 'I'll do it! It's okay if you don't want to, I'll do it-' Kai was cut off by Seohyun. 'I'll do it, never mind. I shouldn't even bother to talk to a person like that. Give it to me,' She said to Kai coldly.

'Jagiya, don't be like that~' Kai cooed into Seohyun's ear. 'Go away,'

Seohyun was dumping all the dirty dishes into the sink and washing them irritatedly as she heard the people outsdie having fun, especially Taeyeon.

'Ah!' She gasped as she felt a pair of arms snake around her waist.

'Hey, jagi~' Kai's husky voice echoed in her ear. 'Yah, go away, I need to concentrate on washing the dishes or else the princess is going to nag at me.' She smirked. 'I don't want to~ I want to be here.' Kai said, placing his head on Seohyun's shoulder.

'Then you should help me!' Seohyun pouted.

'I don't want to!' 'Then quit being a nuisance!' 'YAH!' Kai pouted before splashing some water from the sink onto Seohyun.

'Quit it! Yah!'

The two continued with their childish fight.