Chapter Thirty Five

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Thirty Five

{10/05/2014}

 

  Her clear hesitation made her anxiety more obvious than ever. Her delicate hand reached the doorbell, before a soft sigh escaped her plump, blood red lips. Her breaths became shorter as she bit her lips, thinking of the aftermaths of her actions.

Will this be the right decision?

She just wanted to end this quickly and not drag this on any further, she knew it would just hurt him more if she carried on with what she was doing now. She did not manage to leave a place for him in her heart, but he has one for her. And so her hand automatically reached the doorbell and pressed it.

Immediately the same phrase he says everytime would be heard, "Coming!". She looked down onto the ground, contemplating if she should tell him or not. "Oh! Seohyun-ah! Come in quick! It's cold out there!" He closed the door behind him after you came in and you sat down quietly without a word. "Coffee?" He offered generously. "It's okay, I have to get going soon, I just wanted to drop by and.." She paused, swallowing. 

"And?" He questioned. 

"Chanyeol-ah," She started, "Why are you so good to me?" She asked him. "We're good friends, and friends care for each other!" Chanyeol stuttered, lying. He was bad at lying, everyone could tell whenever he lied. 

"Can you stop being this good to me? I don't want to owe you anything." She finally managed to spit out. "But.. You know I care for you because.. I like you." His eyes locked with Seohyun's and the moment of silence was inevitable. "This isn't really much to ask but, please stop being so good to me. Let's just go back to being normal friends and end all these, do you understand me?" Seohyun raised her voice a little and said. 

"Seohyun-ah.." Chanyeol was entirely shocked. He didn't expect her to find him early in the morning just to talk about this. All he wanted, was simply to care for her and of course, shower her with endless love. But she just was not appreciative towards him and took everything for granted maybe. 

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol-ah. There are better girls out there, better than me. I know you're probably thinking that I'm an unappreciative brat that doesn't care about your feelings but, this is just pressurizing me too much and I knew that if this dragged on longer, it would then really hurt you. I promise, all these are for you own good. Forget everything that happened between us, forget about the feelings you had for me. Continue living your life and I'm sure you will find someone better than me. And I'm sure she will give you much more love." She stood up and sighed. 

"You will find someone better than me. Just believe in it. I wish you a happy life in the future, I know you can do it, I trust you." She said before leaving.

Just in that few seconds, she left. 

She left Chanyeol standing there, staring into mid-space, confused with what she was talking about. And also hoping that it was not true at all. 

Seohyun heaved a sigh of relief as she walked down the path, however with a heavy heart. She worried for Chanyeol, for he was her brother to her, but nothing else. She looked up at the sky, the sun was shining brightly. 

The sun to her, resembled Chanyeol. He brought her warmth and light. He lit up her path and guided her through when she was down and lonely. He was the one who was always there for her no matter what happened. He was like the father who always gave her daughter advice, telling her what to do. He was really soft on the inside and every little thing will hurt him. But being the sun, he smiled no matter how sad he was. But now, she wasn't really sure how he was, though she didn't really want to know at all.

It was months after and she was leading a peaceful life now. No more drama, no more heartbreak. Jongin and Taeyeon were on their own with no one wanting to even enter their lives, bothering their relationship. Meanwhile, Baekhyun and Seohyun's relationship was growing day by day. This was one of the reasons why Seohyun wanted to break off ties with Chanyeol. He didn't know about the relationship, she didn't want anyone to tell him. 

Baekhyun was preparing to propose to Seohyun anytime soon and he was secretly planning the proposal, of course without the big mouths of the clique knowing, he secretly planned everything. But he's really worried of Seohyun suddenly leaving him and going back to Jongin. He didn't want Jongin to hurt her again, he just wanted to keep her safe and sound. Jongin wasn't worthy of Seohyun and he didn't deserve her at all. That was something he was sure about.

All he wants now, is simply a happily ever after with Seohyun. No drama, no heartbreak. He just wanted a peaceful life with Seohyun and that's all he wants. 

But is that what God's plan is about?


A/N:

Hey guys! It's really really really long since I last updated! I'm really sorry and thank you guys for your continuous suppport! :D I really appreciate them a lot! And hello new subbies! :'D I was really busy with a new school, homework, assignments and projects and stuff so I really didn't have to time to update! 

Hope this chapter wasn't too short and/or boring for you! >< I think it's going to come to an end soon :(( If you guys hope to extend the story or something, maybe leave comments below for ideas I could write/elaborate on? Will be very much appreciated my dears! :D 

Have a nice day ahead lovelies! <3