Chapter Eighteen; Perturbed

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Eighteen; Perturbed (29/09/2013)

Perturb; to disturb or disquiet greatly in mind; agitate.

Seohyun pulled the covers up for Baekhyun after a failed attempt to wake him up, he just groaned and went back to his Dreamland. Seohyun thought the time was still early, so she decided to wake him after she takes her bath. She grabbed the uniform from the couch and headed for the bathroom in Baekhyun's room.

She took a quick shower and walked up to Baekhyun who was sprawled across the bed. 'Yah! Byun Baekhyun, are you intending to wake up?' Seohyun asked, shaking him a little.

'What?' Baekhyun yawned as he rubbed his eyes.

'Ahh! You scared me.' He mumbled again, seeing Seohyun hover over him with those big eyes that stared at him continously.

'Stop it,' 'Then get up, faster.' Seohyun complained, dragging him out of bed.

She laid out Baekhyun's uniform as he took a shower, she could hear him singing inside the shower.

That voice.

She was deeply mesmorized by it.

She snapped out of her chain of thoughts when the door opened, Baekhyun walked out with only a towel around his waist as usual. 'What? You not surprised? I'm surprised that you're not surprised.' Baekhyun smirked as he said that. 'What are you saying, Baek Puppy?' Seohyun asked, looking up from her phone.

'Oh that? I'm used to it. Besides, you boys are always doing that cause I don't know, it's faster, or should I say boys are just super lazy?' Seohyun mumbled to herself.

'Oh there's your uniform, you tie and you go get your undies yourself cause I am not touching those stuffs, I'm outta here.' Seohyun muttered and got her stuffs and went off.

'That was a close one,' Seohyun heaved a sigh of relief, 'It was going to be so damn awkward inside, for sure.' She mumbled, cupping her own cheeks and taking in a deep breath.

'You can come in now, Hyun!' Baekhyun hollered from inside, she scurried in. 'Haha, I'm just coming to get my phone.' She laughed awkwardly as she searched for her phone.

She bit her lip, ', where is it? Daehyun's gonna kill me if I lose it,' She mumbled in a hushed tone as she bent down and looked around.

'Over here,' Baekhyun said as he waved her phone in her face. 'Thanks,' She said before he handed her the phone. 'I'm not done with you, yet.' He mumbled.

'What?'

Baekhyun pinned Seohyun to the wall and crashed his lips on hers.

Baekhyun was all over Seohyun, his hands roaming up and down her body, his lips glued to her face. She struggle with the option of letting him continue, but her morals get the better of her.

 

She pushed him away from her body, panting for breath. He looks up at Seohyun in mock surprise, raising one eyebrow. Then he places his lips on her jaw, kissing along her jaw line and slowly working his way down her neck. It felt pretty darn good, but she took a shuddering breath and pushed him farther away from her, and kept her hands on his chest to ensure the distance.

'W-what are you doing?' Seohyun gasped.

Baekhyun snapped out of it, he mentally slapped himself.

'I-I, I'm sorry! I didn't know what got into me.' He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed, Nevermind, it's okay.' Seohyun said before slinging her bag over her shoulder and walking out quickly.

He has Taeyeon, I'm nothing compared to her, remember? He's just using me.

Seohyun rolled her eyes at her own thoughts before wiping her lips.

~~~

'Heyyy babe!' Kai called out as he kissed Seohyun's lips, 'Hey,' Seohyun mumbled before she opened her locker. 'What's wrong?' Kai asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

He knew something was wrong and she wasn't being herself.

'Where Baekhyun?' Chanyeol asked, 'Don't talk about it,' She hissed as Kris smirked.

'What's wrong? Early in the morning.' Lay asked, tilting his head. 'Nothing, nothing at all.' She pouted, leaning against her locker. 'You're lying,' Yoona said, looking deep into her eyes. 'You can't tell a lie looking into other people's eyes,' She added before adding a slight laugh.

'Cheer up! We'll go for ice cream later, okay?' Kai asked, kissing Seohyun's forehead.

'Mhmm, sure. I'd love to.' Seohyun shot him a fake smile.

~~~

'Hey, have you seen Kim Taeyeon?' A voice asked, Seohyun perked up upone hearing Taeyeon's name being mentioned. 'No. Haven't seen her this morning at all which is weird cause she normally would be with Baekhyun oppa.' 'Did they break up?!' The girl asked so loudly that the whole class had their attention on her.

'Yah!' Seohyun threw a crumpled paper ball at them, before glaring mercilessly at them. 'Say that again and I'll break your necks, remember who I am.' Seohyun growled. The girls apologized and quickly scurried back to their seats before Seohyun did anything more to them.

'Oh ! Sorry sangsaengnim, but I need these few. Sorry this is an emergency omg!' Baekhyun suddenly popped out from the class door. 'Be back soon.' The lecturer just nodded and he gestured for us to go. 'Faster!' Baekhyun rushed.

'What happened?' Kai asked, all the 20 friends gathered in the cafeteria, 'I received this text when I was in class just now.' He showed us the text.

From: 009-564-334 [Private Number]

Byun Baekhyun-sshi, I'm sure you know who I am,

after you know my identity. Your girlfriend, Kim Taeyeon,

is currently with me now. If you want her back alive, come find

me.

                                          From; Kim Minjung.

'Who's Kim Minjung?' Chanyeol asked, 'She's my ex. The one after...' Baekhyun paused. 'Understood,' Kai immediately knew who it was. 'The girl with the long curly brown hair, big eyes, right?' He asked again as Baekhyun nodded.

'How am I supposed to find her when I don't know where she is?!' Baekhyun shouted, almost pulling his hair out. 'You need to calm down first,' Seohyun said, 'Take a deep breath. And since she's your ex, you should know where she might go, that may be very big clue into finding Taeyeon's location.' Seohyun instructed.

Truthfully, she still cared about Taeyeon even though all these happened. Even though Taeyeon started being mean to her after she got Baekhyun for herself. On the outside, she may seem calm, but inside, it's totally chaos.

Seohyun scanned Baekhyun's phone before she whipped hers out.

She keyed in the number, not long after, an exact same number appeared with the exact same name.

Don't tell me... She's that Minjung?

Seohyun mentally cursed as she threw Baekhyun's phone on the table before grabbing her bag and speeding off like hell.

'.' She cursed again before trying to call through Minjung's line.

'Please pick up, oh my god.' She mumbled.

'Hello? Who is this?' 'Minjung? Is that you?' 'Yes, it's Kim Minjung here.' 'I'm Seohyun!' 'Seohyun? Jung Seohyun? Is that really you?' 'Yes, it's me you idiot! When did you come back?' 'Just a week ago, how are you doing?!' 'I'm great. You? Where are you now?' 'Old place,' 'I'll visit you some other time then!' 'Sure thing! 'Bye!'

Seohyun smirked, but on the other hand she was worried.

She dashed to the old park that the two best friends used to hang out at. She remembered those times when Minjung would want to venture inside and take a look at the dilapidated building beside it, or should I say, warehouse.

~~~

Seohyun wrinkled her nose before holding in a sneeze, she crept inside.

'Taeyeon-ah! Kim Taeyeon! Are you in there?' Seohyun called out as she looked around, wrinkling her nose once more. Immediately, she heard sounds of muffled cries.

'Who's there?' Another voice came.

Seohyun cringed, somehow she sensed danger. But that voice seemed familiar, unknowingly familiar.

'Seohyun?!'

'Minjung?'

'Why are you here? H-how'd you get here? How did you know I was here?' Minjung asked with furrowed eyebrows. 'I-No, we should talk. Now. Please?' Seohyun pleaded, 'Sure,' Minjung nodded with a solemn smile.

The two walked out of the warehouse before Minjung shut the huge doors and locked it up.

'Remember the times when we would just hang out here, after school?' Minjung asked, with a chuckle. 'Of course, we spent every single moment with each other. How could I even forget? You were my best friend for life. Well, at least that was what I thought.' Seohyun mumbled.

'You're still my best friend. Forever and always. That's one fact that wouldn't change.'

'Why are you doing this?'

'So you know I did that? I kidnapped her. Kim Taeyeon.' Minjung said as she wrapped her hands around that coffee cup. 'I did that, because I wanted revenge. Byun Baekhyun.' She scoffed before continuing, 'He was the love of my life, until I knew he was just playing around with my feelings. He wanted to get rid of the feelings he had for his ex, so he came for me. But I guess he was tired with me, he broke up with me and now it's Kim Taeyeon's turn, isn't it, Seohyun-ah?' Minjung asked with a small smirk plastered over her face.

'He really loves Taeyeon, that's for sure.' Seohyun muttered, with of course, a sad smile spread on her face.

'How'd you know? Don't tell me..' She gasped. 'You know Baekhyun too?' She eyed Seohyun suspiciously. Seohyun swallowed and nodded slowly.

'How?'

'We met in High School and we became friends.'

'So he told you about this?'

Seohyun nodded apprehensively.

'I understand. So what were they planning to do?' Minjung asked.

'Unnie, you really don't have to do this.. You know this is illegal, right?' Seohyun asked worriedly, afraid that her friend might get into trouble.

Minjung sighed. 'You think that I didn't know? Of course I know all that. Everything you do has risks, doesn't it? I've been prepared for the worse, so don't worry about me.' She said convincingly.

'I think they're going to find Taeyeon very soon, Baekhyun's very worried.' Seohyun finally said after beating around the bush. 'My plan will work like that then.'

'You don't have to do this. You still have other people that cares about you, right? This will just make everything worse that it already is! Think about it, if he finds out about this, what are you going to do?' Seohyun asked Minjung after taking a sip of her cuppucino.

Minjung sigh, seemingly hesitating to answer her question.

'Are you worried about me, or yourself?'

'What do you mean by that?'

'If they find out it's your best friend who did that, they'll all abandon you and leave you, am I right?' Minjung asked, looking into Seohyun's brown orbs.

Seohyun's eyes widened, 'It's not like that,' She glanced at the wall clock, 'I have to go right now, they must be worried.' Seohyun stood up and left a few notes on the table, under the empty cup and the saucer.

'Take good care of Taeyon, please.' Seohyun mumbled before leaving.

 

She stopped by the bubble tea shop.

She wondered why she kept frequenting that place.

Baekhyun had a girlfriend that died because of cancer. Seems like he really loved that girl, whoever she is, she's lucky. The second one was Minjung, he played with her to get rid of his sadness. I guess unnie swore she wanted to get him back, but probably got furious when she fund out that Baekhyun had Taeyeon already. 

Maybe that's why she kidnapped Taeyeon.

But what am I doing here? I should've gotten Taeyeon out of there...

Seohyun thought of all the possible things that might happen as she sipped on her bubble tea.

~~~~

All of the friends gathered at Seohyun's house, waiting for her to come back.

Click.

'Dae- Why are you here?' Seohyun asked as she narrowed her eyes. 'Where'd you go?' Kai asked as he walked over to Seohyun. 'That's not important, do you have any idea where she is?' Seohyun asked Baekhyun.

He just shook his head with a flustered look on his face, 'Don't worry, everything's going to be okay.' Seohyun whispered to him when she walked past him.

'Anyone here planted some tracking device on her?' Chanyeol asked, everyone shook their heads. 'Her parents should be overseas..' Seohyun mumbled as Sunny nodded in agreement. 'We'll go look for her tomorrow then, everyone should be exhausted by now.' Tiffany smiled as she said.

'I'm sleeping over, anyone wants to join me?' Kai added, plopping himself down on the couch.

Everyone stayed over, obviously.

~~~

'Whoa whoa, is this some illegal gathering here, baby?' Daehyun asked as he smirked, putting down his bag. 'What happened? I heard that all the 21 of you- wait, where's Taeyeon?' He asked as he realized that one of them was missing.

Baekhyun sighed deeply.

'She's been kidnapped.'

'What? Did I heard you correctly?' Daehyun asked as he shut the fridge.

'Yes, you did, Jung Daehyun.' Seohyun emphasized as she glared at the older.

'So have you guys called for the police?'

'Yeah, Baekhyun did. But they say they won't check on the case unless it's after 72 hours.'

'So what are you guys planning to do? Don't tell me you're just going to sit there and do nothing but sigh.' Daehyun said sarcastically.

'I'm feeling very trashy already, and there you go mocking me indirectly again? What do you want me to do?! You go do something first before you talk about me, .' Seohyun threw the pillow on the floor before stomping back to her room angrily.

'Is she PMS-ing?' Chanyeol asked.

~~~

Seohyun leaned against the door of her bedroom, sitting down, she sighed.

What can I do? I have no one to talk to about this.. I think I'm on my own this time round, no one's knows my sorrows, my dilemmas..

I'm lost.

Everything I do will determine life and death.

"You are free to make your choices,

but you're not free to choose the consequences."