Chapter Thirteen; Bewildered

Sheer Arrogance

Authors' Note;

Hello readers! First of all, I'm really thankful and I appreciate all of the sweet comments you've left for me! They serve like a vitamin that energizes me ^^ Thanks so much!

But currently.. I'm in a HUGE dilemma and I'm sure all of you know what is it. Between Kai and Baekhyun, I really don't know who to choose from, really. Some of you guys are telling me to stick to my original plot, which I SHOULD, continue the story with BaekSeo as the ending. But then again, some of you rejected and said that Seohyun should end up with Kai cause you know.. Baek's being a bastard here. /coughcough/

Anyways, please leave comments! I would like some advice from my loyal and lovely readers! All of you are awesome and exquisite!

My deepest apologies if some of you think that I'm writing trash and nothing related to the title or whatsoever..

Stay awesome! Geez, sorry for the long note XP

C


Chapter Thirteen; Bewildered (09/09/2013)

Bewildered: completely puzzled or confused; perplexed.

'Jongin-ah!' Seohyun called out umpteen times in the nearby park they always went to. People around looked at her as if she was some maniac, all she could do was to ignore them and continue searching for the familiar silhouette of the person she wanted to see right at that moment.

'Aish, where could he be?!' She grumbled in frustration, running her delicate fingers through her silky hair. She walked around, her head turning in all directions, hoping to see the familiar sihouette wandering around the neighborhood.

She slowly picked up speed and started running, praying that he would appear soon enough.

Daehyun

Where are you? I heard from Kris that you just ran out.

Don't you dare run away from this simple dinner or I'll 

rip you to shreds, understood? Come back quickly. We'll

have to leave at 7pm sharp. Don't forget you still have to

prepare yourself. See you soon.

                                               Daehyun.

Seohyun mentally cursed herself as she bit her lip and looked around panickly. 'What should I do now? Oh great.' She cried. Just as she was about to go mad herself, her phone rang. Her finger slid across the screen and she asked for who it was.

'Hello?' 'Yah, Seohyun-ah, Daehyun hyung is going insane now, come back home quickly.' 'Sehun?' 'Yes, it's me. Now come back quickly!' 'What about Jongin? I can't just leave him like this!' 'The hyungs and I will do something about that later. Now come home quickly! Or else you're going to get ready for an earful from your mother later..' 'Aish, I got it.'

Seohyun sighed as she quickly scurried home.

~~~

'Yah! Where were you?' Daehyun barked once Seohyun stepped into the house, drained. 'I was looking for Jongin...' She squeaked as she trudged back to her room.

'Hey, hey. What happened to her?' Daehyun asked when his sister disappeared from the hallways. 'Lovers' quarrel.' Lay shrugged as he said that.

Daehyun cursed under his breath, Did Seohyun tell him about the arranged marriage?

'W-what happened?' Daehyun asked, wanting to confirm his thoughts, hoping that it was not real anyways.

'You brought her out, didn't you? I bet she didn't tell Kai about that. Geez, she should have. Cause Kai was so worried about her when she didn't reply to his morning text. Kai came down all the way her but no one was at home, so his dumb and stupid mind thought something happened to Seohyun and so he activated the Protection Team which unfortuately, was the rest of EXO. We called her but she didn't pick up and directed to voicemail blah blah blah. Kai was so worried that he was sobbing. That was the first time I saw him cry in the years that we've known him, which was since kindergarten. Guess he really loves her, she does too, I can see clearly. Anyways, Kai was running through the whole town and looking for her. But then she just came back with a simple explanation and didn't even bother to say sorry. Kai was so upset that he ran off.' Kyungsoo explained.

Daehyun raised a brow, 'So I guess Seohyun ran after him but couldn't find him.'

'I guess so too.' Kris muttered.

Daehyun shook his head before sighing. 'Can you guys go look for Kai? I'm worried.' He croaked. 'Might as well do so. I promised her anyways.' Sehun mumbled before getting up.

~~~

Seohyun pushed open the door and dragged her feet into the room. She groaned when she took the dress out of the bag, quickly taking a shower, she dressed herself and applied light makeup before doing up her hair.

'Daehyun-ah, let's go. It's getting late already.' Seohyun grunted impatiently. 'Yeah, let's go.' Daehyun took a last look at his reflection and adjusted his tie before winking to the mirror. Seohyun rolled her eyes and let out a soft chuckle.

~~~

'What should I do later?' Seohyun asked nervously as her hands trembled. The two stood outside the classy looking restaurant. 'Just behave yourself and put on your best behavior. Umma would want that.' Daehyun agreed to himself as he nodded approvingly.

Seohyun inhaled deeply, 'Don't be scared. You can do this. I'm sure. I'm here, don't be afraid.' Daehyun shot her a heart warming smile before patting her head. 'Okay, here we go then.' Seohyun smiled as she repeated Daehyun's sentence over again in her mind.

Remembering what Kai said to her before, she smiled sadly to herself.

'Jja!' Kai grinned as he asked Seohyun to open her eyes. 'What is it? Show me!' Seohyun whined as she pouted cutely. 'Okay okay, here.' Kai opened his palm and a shining necklace fell out and onto Seohyun's palm.

'See this? A moon and a star inside of it. The moon represents me, the star represents you. I have one too, it's over here.' Kai smiled as he pointed proudly to the necklace over his neck. 'Why am I the star and you're the moon?' Seohyun asked curiously as she cocked her head.

'I'm the moon that embraces you. You're the shining star in my universe, the only star that lights up my life, and therefore, I will embrace you and never let you go. Our names are carved behind, it belongs only to us, got it?' Kai implied, grinning from ear to ear.

'Is that so? That's so pretty!' Seohyun exclaimed as she saw the necklace shimmering under the moonlight. 'JongSeo' was carved perfectly at the back of the necklace.

'Remember that I'm always there for you, okay? I'm here, don't be afraid. Everything will be alright, as long as I'm here with you.'

'Let's go.' Daehyun chirped as he pulled Seohyun along into the restaurant.

Seohyun nodded and took in a deep breath again, Everything will be alright. Because I have Jongin.

~~~

'Umma, appa.' Daehyun waved as he saw their parents sitting at the table with two another adults. Seohyun bowed respectfully at the adults and sat down. 'Seohyun-ah, introduce yourself to Mr and Mrs Park first.' Mr Jung instructed.

Seohyun nodded, 'Annyeonghaseyo, Mr and Mrs Park. I'm Jung Seohyun, 18 this year. Nice to meet you.' She slightly bowed while sitting down. 'Ahh, nice to meet you too, dear. Our son's at the bathroom now, he's coming soon, my apologies.' Mr Park chuckled.

'Ah! Son! Quickly!' Mrs Park gestured to a person who supposedly was his son beind Seohyun. Curiousity got the better of her and she turned around to take a glance at her husband-to-be.

Her eyes immediately widened, so did the guy's eyes.

'You?!' Both of them exclaimed in disbelief at the same time, pointing at each other.

'Ahh, so I see, you two know each other after all. Besides, you're in the same high school, aren't you?' Mrs Park asked, Seohyun nodded, putting on the fake smile and secretly glaring at Chanyeol.

On the other hand, Chanyeol was acting all innocent to the scene set before his own eyes.

The meal was ate silently. Well, not really silently. The adults were all conversing on how the wedding would be and so on, while Seohyun was rolling her eyes constantly at them.

'Shall we leave you two to talk? Or do you want to proceed home first?' Mr Park asked. 'By the way, my dear, you'll be staying over at the Parks' residences, just for today, will you?' Mrs Jung asked, 'What? Why?!' She nearly exploded.

'Daehyun has to go to Busan with us, we have to do up some company business back there.' Mr Jung explained to his daughter calmly. 'And you don't ahve to worry, my dear. We'll be going with your parents and your brother too. I wouldn't want to bother the two young people, would I, honey?' Mrs Park chuckled, nudging her husband.'

'But-' 'No buts, you'll do as I say.' Seohyun tried to protest but she couldn't win her father. 'I can stay over at the unnies' place, there's really no need to do so!' Seohyun tried her luck once more.

But failed.

'Sure, Taeyeon's or Chanyeol's, you can choose you know. These are the only variables I allow you to go to.' Mr Jung offered.

Seohyun's face twitched in disgust.

'No thanks, I'd rather go to Yeol's place.' Seohyun grinned, fakely.

'Aww, look how close they are already, honey.' Mrs Park nudged her husband once again, giggling again.

'May we take our leave, appa?' Chanyeol requested. 'Sure you can, take good care of her, son. I wouldn't want to see anything happening to her, understood?' Mr Park asked, trying to hint something.

'What?! Appa! How can you think so lowly of me?' Chanyeol pouted as Seohyun's face turned red.

Seohyun shot a helpless look at Daehyun, hoping that he will do something in this situation to help not just her, but Chanyeol too.

'Yeah yeah, go now. Leave, faster.' Daehyun pushed them out quickly and forced a smile at the fuming Seohyun.

'My driver will call me when he's here so.. Let's just wait.' Chanyeol suggested as the two stood by the cement pathway, waiting.

Seohyun just nodded before she sneezed.

'Are you cold? Here,' Chanyeol took off his blazer and draped it over Seohyun's bare shoulder, tucking his hands into the pockets of his pants, trying to keep warm.

Awkwardness filled the air, he sniffled and directed his attention to the ground, kicking the little pebbles around, drawing circles with his feet.

'Such a childish person,' Seohyun commented, sniffling herself.

'Look who's saying that.' 'What's wrong with me?!' Seohyun stuck her tongue out. 'You're childish too you know! Still watching that stupid frog show, argh, what Ro is that? Peroro? No? That should be Pororo, the other Penguin show. Pepero? No, that's a biscuit.' Chanyeol ranted on himself.

Seohyun flicked his forehead. 'YAH! It's Keroro you idiot! Being childish may be a good thing too you know! HMPH.' She pouted. Chanyeol shook his head, 'Arasso arasso, Keroro. Should I change a name for you? Seororo, pftt that would be so funny.' He said to himself.

'I HEARD THAT!' Seohyun raised her voice. 'Whatever. Oh, here he comes.' Chanyeol said as he noticed a car pulling into the side of the street.

They got in quickly as it was cod outside.

'Buckle your seatbelts.' Seohyun commanded. 'Aish, there's no need to. It's not like we're going on a sport car race, right?' Chanyeol scoffed as he peered out the window. 'What?! Hey hey hey, you never know what might happen when someone's driving with a person as talkative as you. They're attention might be diverted and you can be involved in an accident anytime you know.' Seohyu nagged.

'Okay okay! I'd rather buckle seatbelts for the rest of my life then to continue listening to you talk crap.' Chanyeol scoffed again when he buckled his seatbelt.

'Shut up you stupid baby-faced deep voice idiot.' Seohyun hissed. 'Shut up first, you stupid childish fool.' Chanyeol growled at her before glaring at her. 'Move away you.' Seohyun said, tossing something to Chanyeol. He took a look at it and burst out in laughter.

'WAHH THEY SELL KERORO CHOCOLATES TOO. AND SOMEONE LIKE YOU WOULD BUY THEM?!' Chanyeol asked, drowing in his own laughter. 'Is that wrong?' 'No?! It's not. It's food anyways. I'm so curious why your father doesn't open a company that sells Keroro stuff you know. That might be awesome.' Chanyeol commented, tearing open the wrapper of the chocolate.

'I asked him before about that! When I was like 6 or 7. But he said that was stupid. So I ignored him for a whole week until he bought me a stuffed Keroro toy, which I couldn't sleep without.' Seohyun said, in a matter-of-factly tone.

'Daebak, was it huge? Like a giant one?' Chanyeol asked, all perked up, 'Aren't we childish? It wasn't just huge to me back then! It was ginormous!' Seohyun exclaimed. 'DAEBAK! I love stuff toys a lot when I was little too you know! I do too now.. Though.' Seohyun chuckled at the boy's comments.

'Wait, what did oyu say about the toy just now? You couldn't sleep without it?' Chanyeol gasped as Seohyun slowly realized the situation she was in. 'Oh no. I didn't bring my toy along cause I didn't know I would be going to your house.'

'So.. Does that mean you can't sleep?! What should we do?!' Chanyeol freaked out. Horrified at the fact that he might not be able to sleep too.

"Everything will be alright,

because I have Jongin."

- Seohyun.