chapter 45

Sheer Arrogance

The news actually hit Baekhyun like a hurricane and the damage left was unevitable. Byun Baekhyun condemned himself into being the most foolish person, for letting go of Seohyun. He was more angry than sad, that was obvious. Because among all the guys that she had relationships with, he was the one that stayed the longest. It all felt unfixable but he was determined to confront her once more. 

On the other hand, Seohyun was stumbling her way back to the boys' dorm, which was her current home. It all just felt pathetic, that she got chased out by her very own brother, and now had to live with a bunch of boys. Things were fortunately better because of Myungsoo and she was just thankful. Speaking of Myungsoo, he was waiting for his noona back home, after cooking up a huge spread for her. 

"Noona, you're back." Myungsoo didn't waste a single second and took Seohyun's purse with him, leading her into the living room. "Noona, are you okay?" He asked, flustered as he realized that Seohyun's eyes were getting glassy. Things were just getting worse, but Myungsoo decided to give her some time, leaving her. 

He groaned and ran his fingers through his hair, I can't do anything about this and it's killing me from the inside. Please, someone just save Seohyun. God, I beg you, please just stop that pain. I want noona to be happy, really. He was silently watching his favorite noona being torn apart by herself mentally, right in front of his very eyes. Myungsoo tried so many things to keep Seohyun's mind off the frustrating things, making her happy whatever way he can. But the thing was that, her soul gets in everytime she get reminded of that.

The door clicked open just then, and a bunch of loud boys were storming their way in, not being able to wait fo get their hands on the meal they bought. That was, until they noticed the girl sitting right there. Of course, they scurried to her. "I'm alright, I just need some time to think. Maybe I should just head out a while." She paused and stood up, turning away to wipe away the hot tears that was stained on her rosy pink cheeks. 

"Myungsoo, can you follow me?" She asked weakly, noticing the boy cowering behind the door, trying to get a glimpse of what his hyungs were doing. "Of course, noona!" He exclaimed, scrambling to get dressed after shutting the door, getting his belongings. "I will take care of her," He mouthed to his hyungs that were staring as Seohyun went into the room to grab a white scarf, especially the worried Woohyun. 

The moment the apartment doors shut, Seohyun's mouth opened. "Myungsoo-ya, do you think it will be better.. if I get an abortion?" Her words nevertheless, pierced through Myungsoo's souls even though he was daydreaming. His eyes widened expectedly. "I made a mistake, and I tried my best to correct it. I'm tired, Myungsoo." And in her voice, dread and hurt was detectable. Dectable to him and him only, because he knew her inside out, even more than Baekhyun or even Chanyeol. What Seohyun said was true, it was just a moment of foolishness, it can become the past. But how? How could she even have the heart to take away the life of an unborn baby? How can she live, knowing that she was a murderer, in her own eyes? She couldn't, and Myungsoo knew that all too well.

"It's all your decision, noona. If you want to, by all means. I won't stop you. Because I know you're hurting because of this, and I badly want to get rid of what's stabbing you right in the heart."

This just got Seohyun's world crumbling right down to her feet, she felt like she couldn't breathe at all. It was as thought her airway passage was closing up on her. Her heart was broken, her hopes of being a mother with a happy family crushed. 

"Alright," was all she said. I'm going to end this. For myself, for Myungsoo and for Baekhyun. 

She then caught sight of the incoming truck speeding towards the junction they were passing, heading towards the ice cream shop Myungsoo badly wanted to go after such a long time, just to hang out with Seohyun. She grabbed Myungsoo's warm hand, gave it a tight squeeze, "Myungsoo-ya, I love you so so much, don't forget that." Myungsoo was puzzled and reacted a little too late before witnessing his favorite noona, let go of his hand and dashing towards the middle of the road junction. 

Bystanders screamed for her to watch out as the truck horned profusely. Myungsoo's eyes widened once more, "No!" He wanted to push his noona away but it was too late. His eyes were streaming with tears by the time he made a run for his noona which was sprawled across the road, 20 meters away from where she was standing previously. 

"Noona! Are you okay? Oh my god, someone please, call the ambulance! Noona, no no, don't go to sleep! Noona, don't leave me here! No no! Noona I love you too, even more! So please, don't leave me!" Myungsoo wailed, holding onto his noona. The bystanders' hearts all wrenched as many dialled for the ambulance, witnessing the heartbreaking scene. "Baby! Noona! No no! The baby! Oh my god, please noona no!" 

Seohyun's pure white scarf was now stained blood red, and so were Myungsoo's clothes.

 

"I'm sorry, Myungsoo."