Refusal

That One Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon is on his knees asking Yoona's father to engage Yoona. Yoona stood there is shock but she was smiling widely. Her dad was staring blankly back at Taecyeon. 

"Taecyeon... stand up." Taecyeon nervously stood up as he was told. He signaled him to come sit. Taecyeon obeyed. Her dad took a deep breath and placed his hand on Taec's shoulder. 

"I'm sorry.. but no." Yoona's smile disappeared. Taecyeon's face became pale. 

"Appa." Yoona muttered. "But you've known Taecyeon for so long! And you know he's been my boyfriend since 4 years." 

"Yoona stop." Her dad demanded. He looked back at Taecyeon who was speechless, staring at the ground. "Look. I know you're very good to Yoona. You're a really nice boy but.. I can't let Yoona be married to a guy doesn't have a stable life. You don't even have a permanent good paying job yet. Working at a small car shop isn't going to talk care of her. I want Yoona to be able to find someone with a good family background." 

"I know that at this moment I might not be good enough. I know I wasn't born into a good family background but instead, I've only lived my grandmother my whole life. I know I don't no where my parents are but I'll work hard. I'll get a good stable job and I'll be able to take care of Yoona and make her happy." Taecyeon responded, grabbing onto Yoona's hand. 

"Until that happens. I can't give you my approval." Her dad got up and left the room silently. Taecyeon and Yoona exchanged looks. He held her hand tightly. 

"Don't worry." He tells her softly. "I'll convince him. I'll work hard." 

"I know you will." Yoona smiles and hugs him. 

-------------------------------------------------

Kyuhyun orders a designated driver. He wasn't too drunk but a little buzzed yet he still ordered one. He goes home. Not his apartment. He walks into the large house. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter